Shoutbox

« archive

officially saying goodbye
Thanks brother
Reluctantly I will, What is it again?
OUDAN, you gonna sign up for the new site?
Last one out, turn off the lights
GIG pick 1.25 SD traded to Denver for 1.29 and 4.09
cheers
You have been activated Scally
looks nice
sweet. im in pending approval
correct. ideally all leagues will be moving over
Pretty sure GIG and baseball leagues will be following suit shortly.
So all active leagues here will be at new site?
https://dynastysportshub.proboards.com We're moving leagues to a new site folks. Several users report not being able to access this site anymore. New board will have 3 admins instead of one absent admin so we should be able to keep things better updated.
1.3 pick in gig is on the block if anyone is interested
gotcha... makes sense. I just have draft brain right now and I'm a degenerate lol.
the thought was to wait until after the bulk of memorial day weekend so as to not stall out for a couple days, but I suppose there is no harm in it.
gig untimed start now?
Way to go QFL. Another great draft in the books
Poll: Would you like to change the trading process?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, change the trade process
100.00%
17 100.00%
No, keep the existing trade process
0%
0 0%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Change to trading process
The TL;DR – to allow GMs once trades are posted and accepted on the forum to propose/accept them in Fantrax themselves, with a 48+ hour transaction time (eg a trade accepted on Tuesday lunchtime would be reflected in Friday’s lineups). This still provides transparency and the chance for GMs to vote and veto if necessary, but as 98%+ of trades go through without issue this will free up time for admins from having to manually process every trade.

The detail:

The aim of this would be to free up a small amount of time from admins in having to process trades manually, particularly at busy times of the year such as the opening of trading in January/February, and around the trade deadline, while still allowing for admins to manually process trades, eg: during the draft when someone trades up/down a pick, or where there was a contingent move (eg: Player A is traded from Team 1 to Team 2, and then flipped from Team 2 to Team 3 in another deal before the 48+ hours had elapsed and they had landed on their Fantrax roster).

This proposal is based on the experience that somewhere in the region of 98% of trades go through without veto, which means admins would only need to intervene on the edge cases rather than the dozens of run-of-the-mill transactions.

The proposed change to the trading rules would mean:

1 - Team A posts the terms of the trade on the forum.
2 - Team B posts agreement to the trade, and at that point either team can propose the trade in Fantrax for acceptance.
3 – There would be no change to the voting ratio on approvals to vetoes, and trades would still need to be voted on by GMs - this keeps members active in the league/on the forum, and keeps the onus on everyone for ensuring fairness and transparency in trade dealings and to flag up any issues.
4 - Trades in Fantrax have a 48+ hour window before being processed - eg: a trade accepted on Fantrax on Tuesday lunchtime would take effect from Friday's lineup period.
5 - If there is sufficient pushback on a trade, insufficient voting, or the commissioners feel the need to step in, then an admin can postpone it in Fantrax, pending a clarification/rebalancing of the trade. Any reworked trade would set the process back to step one, and the 48+ hour clock would begin again.

Questions/discussion can follow below.
So in the end the fantrax administrator would still have to "process" the trade for the players to go onto their new teams? (They just don't have to "set up" the trade in Fantrax?)
Red Sox - NP (Administrator)
Dodgers - BTL
reads to me like it would automatically go through on fantrax, so would only need to be updated on the doc at that point.
(01-31-2024, 16:17)tomviolence Wrote: reads to me like it would automatically go through on fantrax, so would only need to be updated on the doc at that point.
So its just on the accountability of the owners to not put these players in your lineups until 48 hours clear?
Red Sox - NP (Administrator)
Dodgers - BTL
No. Some leagues run their whole vote/veto process through Fantrax, and so there is flexibility in their settings to only process trades after x amount of time, so it would show as a pending trade to the rest of the league until the time had elapsed. It removes any requirement for admin input when processing trades, unless we have to step in because of a veto/vote issue on the forum.
yeah exactly. I may look at this for NP long term too
I'd just add that keeping the forum post part of the proposal is because some deals may look awfully wonky on Fantrax as strict player-for-player swaps, but can be explained away by salary payment considerations, and so we would need the forum for that element.
Agree with blurred, with how deep the league is sometimes the justification is needed.
Good with this
The vote is passed. I will update the rules, and propose that we adopt the new rules from opening day onwards.