Shoutbox

« archive

officially saying goodbye
Thanks brother
Reluctantly I will, What is it again?
OUDAN, you gonna sign up for the new site?
Last one out, turn off the lights
GIG pick 1.25 SD traded to Denver for 1.29 and 4.09
cheers
You have been activated Scally
looks nice
sweet. im in pending approval
correct. ideally all leagues will be moving over
Pretty sure GIG and baseball leagues will be following suit shortly.
So all active leagues here will be at new site?
https://dynastysportshub.proboards.com We're moving leagues to a new site folks. Several users report not being able to access this site anymore. New board will have 3 admins instead of one absent admin so we should be able to keep things better updated.
1.3 pick in gig is on the block if anyone is interested
gotcha... makes sense. I just have draft brain right now and I'm a degenerate lol.
the thought was to wait until after the bulk of memorial day weekend so as to not stall out for a couple days, but I suppose there is no harm in it.
gig untimed start now?
Way to go QFL. Another great draft in the books
Draft Grades - 2022
11. Cleveland selects WR Christian Watson

... exceeded 12 hours...

Grade: A-
12. Carolina selects WR Jahan Dotson

... Crazy value here to have a WR drafted 16th overall in the NFL draft still around at pick 12. I get the landing spot maybe isn't as sexy as GB or KC but McLaurin could leave next season and Wentz isn't going to be their QB forever. Perhaps some folks are overthinking things...

Grade: A
13. Baltimore selects RB Dameon Pierce

... Excellent landing spot for Pierce. A few RB's were drafted higher but he's got a clear path to a starting job. And if he can't beat out Marlon Mack, then that's a pretty telling sign. He immediately becomes JB's 2nd best RB. Another telling sign...

14. Dallas selects RB Rachaad White

... I understand boredom but it's not a good reason to tear down a perennially good team. Trading Chris Godwin for this pick is rough because you have about a 25% chance of this pick outproducing him. I think it's clear I don't love the strategy or the price. As for the player? I think White is fine and has a solid chance for some playing time. Seems like all he has to do is take Gio Bernard's role...

Grade: B
15. Denver selects RB Isaiah Spiller

... Spiller was in the conversation for top RB in the draft until he ran a couple of slow 40's and ended up going in the 4th round. Unfortunately he will be sitting behind Ekeler. However it looks like the Chargers plan to try to cut Ekeler's workload which should benefit Spiller...

Grade: A-
16. Dallas selects WR George Pickens

... A lot of drafts have Pickens going Top 10 so this represents pretty good value. Seems like this guy will either be a perennial all-pro or he is going to get some sort of felony charges on him. So far the only crime has been Slou stealing him with the 16th pick...

(05-05-2022, 15:31)Laimbeer40 Wrote: 16. Dallas selects WR George Pickens

Seems like this guy will either be a perennial all-pro or he is going to get some sort of felony charges on him.

LOL
(05-03-2022, 03:14)Laimbeer40 Wrote: 2. Washington selects QB Kenny Pickett

... It's a rite of passage for a new owner to overdraft a QB. I mean why not? You look at the top scorers in the league and they generally play QB. So you're kind of screwed if you don't have one. The problem is that QB's aren't all that hard to acquire. The positional value for QB's here is really low. This was a position of need though and all Pickett has between him and a starting job is Mitch Trubisky. I want to be more generous with the grade but I have to maintain my journalistic integrity...

Grade: F

Gave up five late 2nd and early 3rd picks along with the 2.07 pick being the best.  Walker was certainly a consideration, as was any number of WR options. Your logic and wisdom is much appreciated and not lost on me.

After careful consideration, it was purely situational. Pickett made the most sense for my roster with his real life premium RB and WR's that are not bums. 

Would Pickett have made it to 2.07?  Following the results of the draft, I could have gotten Willis or Ritter. But Willis is blocked for one or two years, and Ritter is blocked for at least one year.

Next years rookie QB crop is supposed to be stacked, but Howell fell flat and for all the hype Willis toppled.

Walker could be run into the ground and out of the league in four years.

Had reasonable offer to trade back one or both picks.

Just felt like anything outside the top 10 would be risking too much. Pickett was my guy I wanted all along. An additional late 1st pick would have been questionable value with most of the premium WR's and RB's gone, and I would have gone Willis/Hutchinson.

I am playing a long game. Pickett seemed like the safest bet.
(05-10-2022, 02:34)oldmancoffee66 Wrote:
(05-03-2022, 03:14)Laimbeer40 Wrote: 2. Washington selects QB Kenny Pickett

... It's a rite of passage for a new owner to overdraft a QB. I mean why not? You look at the top scorers in the league and they generally play QB. So you're kind of screwed if you don't have one. The problem is that QB's aren't all that hard to acquire. The positional value for QB's here is really low. This was a position of need though and all Pickett has between him and a starting job is Mitch Trubisky. I want to be more generous with the grade but I have to maintain my journalistic integrity...

Grade: F

Gave up five late 2nd and early 3rd picks along with the 2.07 pick being the best.  Walker was certainly a consideration, as was any number of WR options. Your logic and wisdom is much appreciated and not lost on me.

After careful consideration, it was purely situational. Pickett made the most sense for my roster with his real life premium RB and WR's that are not bums. 

Would Pickett have made it to 2.07?  Following the results of the draft, I could have gotten Willis or Ritter. But Willis is blocked for one or two years, and Ritter is blocked for at least one year.

Next years rookie QB crop is supposed to be stacked, but Howell fell flat and for all the hype Willis toppled.

Walker could be run into the ground and out of the league in four years.

Had reasonable offer to trade back one or both picks.

Just felt like anything outside the top 10 would be risking too much. Pickett was my guy I wanted all along. An additional late 1st pick would have been questionable value with most of the premium WR's and RB's gone, and I would have gone Willis/Hutchinson.

I am playing a long game. Pickett seemed like the safest bet.

The important thing is that you're happy with the pick. I'm certainly not infallible. You had the nuts to take on a tough rebuild so perhaps you just had the nuts to take the best player despite how this league traditionally values QB's. (Although QB value is gaining steam)
17. Denver selects RB Tyler Allgeier

... Perhaps it was Mike Davis being released, perhaps it's news that C.Patterson will line up at WR more, or perhaps it's hospital grade horse tranquilizers. But whatever it is this Allgeier kid's stock skyrocketed in the past 7-10 days. It certainly looks like he has the path to opportunity. However there is a lot of risk with taking a 5th Rd RB from BYU this early...

Grade: B