Shoutbox

« archive

officially saying goodbye
Thanks brother
Reluctantly I will, What is it again?
OUDAN, you gonna sign up for the new site?
Last one out, turn off the lights
GIG pick 1.25 SD traded to Denver for 1.29 and 4.09
cheers
You have been activated Scally
looks nice
sweet. im in pending approval
correct. ideally all leagues will be moving over
Pretty sure GIG and baseball leagues will be following suit shortly.
So all active leagues here will be at new site?
https://dynastysportshub.proboards.com We're moving leagues to a new site folks. Several users report not being able to access this site anymore. New board will have 3 admins instead of one absent admin so we should be able to keep things better updated.
1.3 pick in gig is on the block if anyone is interested
gotcha... makes sense. I just have draft brain right now and I'm a degenerate lol.
the thought was to wait until after the bulk of memorial day weekend so as to not stall out for a couple days, but I suppose there is no harm in it.
gig untimed start now?
Way to go QFL. Another great draft in the books
Poll: Allow pick trading 2 years out?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
70.00%
7 70.00%
No
30.00%
3 30.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

2022 Rule Changes
I agree with Slou, those were my exact thoughts. I understand where you’re coming from with it. What about having a minimum contract length for different levels. If you want to sign a guy for 10M+ you have to do it for a minimum 4 year. Or whatever the numbers you want. Maybe add a higher tier for the bonus (cap hit) if a contract is 15m+ then the cap hit is 8m per year. Again, whatever numbers you want.
(09-01-2021, 04:46)Andrewmott Wrote: I agree with Slou, those were my exact thoughts. I understand where you’re coming from with it. What about having a minimum contract length for different levels. If you want to sign a guy for 10M+ you have to do it for a minimum 4 year. Or whatever the numbers you want. Maybe add a higher tier for the bonus (cap hit) if a contract is 15m+ then the cap hit is 8m per year. Again, whatever numbers you want.

If I did 4 yrs min @ $15m with a cap hit of 8m per yr, then you're looking at a $32m buyout.

That same contract at 75/50/25/25 and you're looking at a $26.4m buyout. In fact, only in the 1st season would the cap hit be higher.

... I know you used that as an example just throwing some numbers out there. Hopefully seeing that calculation will make what I am planning a little easier to digest. You all have an entire year to make the necessary moves to get out of some deals you may regret. With the current bonus structure there is no one who can't do that.
The reason the rules in the football and baseball leagues are different for releases, length of contract is in part because those leagues operate the same way and because football is too fluid. I am open to extensions beyond one year. However, I wouldn't ever require anyone to have 3-4 years, especially if the buyout's are increased.
One more proposal and I am putting this one to a vote. I’ll require 80% approval and at least 15 approvals to implement.

Proposal: Allow owners to trade draft picks two years out. This would require both trade parties to prepay for the following season. This is essentially how GIG handles pick trading.
I would vote yes. It seems to be working in gig but it’s a very small sample size.
I don’t see why not.

Yes
JMHO - I think teams should be paid for if they're trading the future. For example, anyone today trading 2022 picks should be paid through 2022. Anyone today trading 2023 picks should be paid through 2023.

But I'll vote approve.
I am in agreement with 4s comment here as to paying through the years of traded draft picks; and that probably would change my current vote.
When would we have to cut guys in 2021 to avoid the new cap hits? Will we have time after the 2021 season?
Follow up question on SL, you said this:

“Extensions done after the League Calendar rolls for 2022 would be subject to this. (Probably would take place in Early April)”

Based on that, I could extend a player for max years and be able to get out of the contract at ANY time under the old (current) system?