Dynasty Sports Hub
2022 Rule Changes - Printable Version

+- Dynasty Sports Hub (http://dynastysportshub.epizy.com)
+-- Forum: Football (http://dynastysportshub.epizy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Forum: Football Leagues (http://dynastysportshub.epizy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+---- Forum: Quest for Lombardi (http://dynastysportshub.epizy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+---- Thread: 2022 Rule Changes (/showthread.php?tid=5694)

Pages: 1 2 3

2022 Rule Changes - Laimbeer40 - 08-24-2021

Effective with the start of the 2022 Season I do plan to institute the following changes to make the league a little more challenging. If anyone has huge objections please speak up. Posting now to give plenty of heads up.

Extensions
- We will be incorporating the 50% Rule. This means if someone's current salary is $15m, then the lowest you can extend them for would be $7.5m even if they were unranked.

- Any player extended for only one season will automatically become a UFA in the following season. 
Ex: I extend Drew Brees for 1 year at $15m, then on the spreadsheet he will reflect as YR 1 - $15.0m, YR 2 - UFA

Rookie Draft
- All 1st round picks will have 100% guaranteed salaries

- Rookie salary scale will be increased

- Any teams owned by League Office will get 3 Priority UDFA's assigned at the end of the draft who will get a 2yr deal at league minimum. The team however may not go over the roster limit of 45 players. 
Ex: In 2021, Washington would have been assigned WR Ben Skowronek, CB Aaron Robinson and DE Cameron Sample (all drafted IRL but not in QFL)

Releases
- We will be moving away from the bonus structure in regards to cap penalties. The new penalty will follow a 75/50/25 format.

Ex: You release CB Patrick Peterson 10m, 10m, 10m, 10m
The cap hits will be 75% in Year 1, 50% in Year 2, Then 25% for each remaining year.
Hits would be 7.5m, 5.0m, 2.5m, 2.5m... Your buyout would be 17.5m

Free Agent Bidding
- Will require a minimum bid raise of $5m once the total bid gets to $50m

Defensive Flex
- If possible, will change the DL/LB starting spot to a DL/LB/DB spot.

RE: 2022 Rule Changes - Tucci905 - 08-24-2021

Extension wise, is this for Extension after this point or will 1 year extensions last year/this off season be UFA?

RE: 2022 Rule Changes - Laimbeer40 - 08-24-2021

(08-24-2021, 14:33)Tucci905 Wrote: Extension wise, is this for Extension after this point or will 1 year extensions last year/this off season be UFA?

Any extensions you do this season would not be subjected to this.

Extensions done after the League Calendar rolls for 2022 would be subject to this. (Probably would take place in Early April)

RE: 2022 Rule Changes - Tucci905 - 08-25-2021

(08-24-2021, 14:53)Laimbeer40 Wrote:
(08-24-2021, 14:33)Tucci905 Wrote: Extension wise, is this for Extension after this point or will 1 year extensions last year/this off season be UFA?

Any extensions you do this season would not be subjected to this.

Extensions done after the League Calendar rolls for 2022 would be subject to this. (Probably would take place in Early April)
Got it, thanks

RE: 2022 Rule Changes - Scallywags - 08-26-2021

If a player retires, is a contract void? Reason I bring that up, is for aging players like Ben Roethlesberger for example. If his contract were expiring and I wanted to resign him, but don't want to give him an extended contact I will have to buyout if he retires. I also wouldn't want to lose him so currently I would go on with 1 year deals, but that wouldn't work now.

RE: 2022 Rule Changes - Laimbeer40 - 08-27-2021

(08-26-2021, 23:26)Scallywags Wrote: If a player retires, is a contract void? Reason I bring that up, is for aging players like Ben Roethlesberger for example. If his contract were expiring and I wanted to resign him, but don't want to give him an extended contact I will have to buyout if he retires. I also wouldn't want to lose him so currently I would go on with 1 year deals, but that wouldn't work now.

I wouldn’t be inclined to void deals. The buyer knows the risk and I’m not springing it on the owners without advanced notice.

RE: 2022 Rule Changes - 4sFull - 08-27-2021

Nice. That addresses the two areas that I thought could be improved. I never thought bad contracts were penalized enough with the bonuses. And I never thought it made sense to be able to sign 1 year contracts over and over again without giving the opportunity for other teams to bid. Well done!

RE: 2022 Rule Changes - Rsinewick - 08-29-2021

Dang. Been taking advantage of that 1 year deal scenario all day. Sad to see it go. But I agree with the change

RE: 2022 Rule Changes - Slou - 09-01-2021

I agree with 1 year rule. I utilize it like everyone else but can see how it would help league also good with rookie draft making thr 1sts all guaranteed as well as FA bidding and defensive flex. I’m not sure I agree with raising the cap hits. I’m going to be onboard with whatever league decides but that would be my objection. Extensions are so pricey and having to pay such a large cap hit just doesn’t sit right to me.

RE: 2022 Rule Changes - Laimbeer40 - 09-01-2021

Slou to your point about release penalties. It’s fluid. I think it’s the right move but if it trends toward putting everyone in cap jail, then extension prices could be adjusted. But part of the point is to force people to make tougher decisions.