Shoutbox

« archive

officially saying goodbye
Thanks brother
Reluctantly I will, What is it again?
OUDAN, you gonna sign up for the new site?
Last one out, turn off the lights
GIG pick 1.25 SD traded to Denver for 1.29 and 4.09
cheers
You have been activated Scally
looks nice
sweet. im in pending approval
correct. ideally all leagues will be moving over
Pretty sure GIG and baseball leagues will be following suit shortly.
So all active leagues here will be at new site?
https://dynastysportshub.proboards.com We're moving leagues to a new site folks. Several users report not being able to access this site anymore. New board will have 3 admins instead of one absent admin so we should be able to keep things better updated.
1.3 pick in gig is on the block if anyone is interested
gotcha... makes sense. I just have draft brain right now and I'm a degenerate lol.
the thought was to wait until after the bulk of memorial day weekend so as to not stall out for a couple days, but I suppose there is no harm in it.
gig untimed start now?
Way to go QFL. Another great draft in the books
Poll: Allow pick trading 2 years out?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
70.00%
7 70.00%
No
30.00%
3 30.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

2022 Rule Changes
(10-28-2021, 14:18)SoonerorLitigator Wrote: When would we have to cut guys in 2021 to avoid the new cap hits? Will we have time after the 2021 season?

I will give notice prior to the official start of the 2022 season that people need to finalize and extensions/cuts etc under the old rules by a certain date. Hopefully that answer's J2k's question as well but I admittedly didn't fully follow what you were asking Joe.
In regards to the releasing/buyout rule change, will this be for all player or only player beyond a certain cap? I'm in favor of hammering down on the 10m plus contracts, but the 1.5m for 3 years guys I can see this causing major issues. In baseball we can do the 75/50/25 buyouts because we have a practice squad of sorts and we have free drops on PC players. Without that, a team could get stuck with 10-15 500k-2.5m guys they can't afford to drop so they can not create roster space to set a lineup.
(10-28-2021, 19:11)Tucci905 Wrote: In regards to the releasing/buyout rule change, will this be for all player or only player beyond a certain cap? I'm in favor of hammering down on the 10m plus contracts, but the 1.5m for 3 years guys I can see this causing major issues. In baseball we can do the 75/50/25 buyouts because we have a practice squad of sorts and we have free drops on PC players. Without that, a team could get stuck with 10-15 500k-2.5m guys they can't afford to drop so they can not create roster space to set a lineup.

I might be missing the point but:

-We still have free drops up to 1m per yr.
-Once someone is making $1.4m/yr or more the 75% release penalty frees up at least $0.4m which would allow you to afford a minimum contract replacement player. 

With that in mind I find it hard to fathom how anyone wouldn't be able to afford a drop that would limit them from a full lineup.
(10-28-2021, 19:38)Laimbeer40 Wrote:
(10-28-2021, 19:11)Tucci905 Wrote: In regards to the releasing/buyout rule change, will this be for all player or only player beyond a certain cap? I'm in favor of hammering down on the 10m plus contracts, but the 1.5m for 3 years guys I can see this causing major issues. In baseball we can do the 75/50/25 buyouts because we have a practice squad of sorts and we have free drops on PC players. Without that, a team could get stuck with 10-15 500k-2.5m guys they can't afford to drop so they can not create roster space to set a lineup.

I might be missing the point but:

-We still have free drops up to 1m per yr.
-Once someone is making $1.4m/yr or more the 75% release penalty frees up at least $0.4m which would allow you to afford a minimum contract replacement player. 

With that in mind I find it hard to fathom how anyone wouldn't be able to afford a drop that would limit them from a full lineup.

Ok so I missed the part for free drops up to a 1m. To clarify if I have a 3rd round pick that gets cut mid season at 800k for 4yrs I can cut them at no buyout cost and it frees up 800k in cap space this year correct?

For the 1.4m player, lets use 1.5m because that would be a 3 year deal currently with a free drop. 500k bonus for 3 year  is equal to 1.5m so no additional cap hit. With the new setup that 3 year deal would have a buy out of 1.1m, 800k, and 400k. So we have the option of 2.3m cap hit this year to free up 1.5m next year and beyond or 800k addition cap hit this year. Or we can take 1.1m this year, 800k next year and 400k the 3rd year. If you take the cap hit this year it would cost 1.3m to add a 500k player. If you spread it out over the 3 year it would cost 600k for the 500k player this year and you would have 800k/400k of dead cap the following two years. This doesn't sound like a lot, but what if a team does this 10 times this year and 10 time next year and leaves the league. So for the 3rd year the new owner has 12m in dead cap space his first year and 4m in dead cap space his second year. So my point is this can snowball quickly which could make it hard for a team 2-3 years down the road being able to fill a roster.
Correct we would still be keeping free drops up to 1m.

I see what you are saying with your scenario about stuff adding up. On the flip side it could allow a new avenue for a rebuild to gain assets. Get a bunch of cap space and NOW you can actually leverage it by helping owners out of bad deals. Whereas now the bonuses don’t have any impact on teams so that isn’t a viable strategy.

I think there is plenty of ways to manage the cap creatively even under the new proposal.
In my opinion, keeping the buyouts the same up to 3m or 5m would work.

I also would be intrigued by a signing bonus system for players with less than 50 games played in their career. Something based on last season finished and the bonuses are used in bidding and rookie drafts. So a FA would be PS + 2.5m which would give a base salary 1m for 3 years or something like that. The 2.5m Would go towards the signing bonus allocation and once you go over it is evenly spread out over 3 years as guaranteed contracts. For drafting, signing bonuses are assigned to each player based on some kind of ranking.

I might be making it to complicated
Definitely more complicated than I would want to track. It’s already a commitment processing the number of football transactions that take place without having to look up extra stuff.

I will consider $0.5m cap hit from $1.1m up to $2m. Anything past that is not going to happen.