Shoutbox

« archive

officially saying goodbye
Thanks brother
Reluctantly I will, What is it again?
OUDAN, you gonna sign up for the new site?
Last one out, turn off the lights
GIG pick 1.25 SD traded to Denver for 1.29 and 4.09
cheers
You have been activated Scally
looks nice
sweet. im in pending approval
correct. ideally all leagues will be moving over
Pretty sure GIG and baseball leagues will be following suit shortly.
So all active leagues here will be at new site?
https://dynastysportshub.proboards.com We're moving leagues to a new site folks. Several users report not being able to access this site anymore. New board will have 3 admins instead of one absent admin so we should be able to keep things better updated.
1.3 pick in gig is on the block if anyone is interested
gotcha... makes sense. I just have draft brain right now and I'm a degenerate lol.
the thought was to wait until after the bulk of memorial day weekend so as to not stall out for a couple days, but I suppose there is no harm in it.
gig untimed start now?
Way to go QFL. Another great draft in the books
CHC/ SD deal
I wouldn't say O'Neil is trending down. 345 last month after brutal start. Top 25 hitter last yr. Still only 27 with upside as well. His brutal start sucked but coming around to last yrs bat of late
Chances Oneill ends up worth that contract is less than 15 percent. You've convinced someone otherwise but you aint gonna convince me
In hindsight... not my moment for sure.

Sorry JMAC
I agree this is lopsided, but I'm not sure it's veto worthy. there's a lot of words above, but none of them are veto. So I approve.
Agree with Tom. Nothing veto worthy. MY OPINION - if you take out Jackson and had Gio in the deal and added a 2nd round pick because of how deep the 2023 class is that would have equaled it for me. All trades always subject to scrutiny. I'm sure even some of my trades raised eyebrows
Been following Ohtani since his debut.

Chased his original Mega Box cards.

Remember the first meteoric rise, then the fall from his elbow issues.

Watched his card prices collapse.

Somehow he avoided TJ

It is what it is... diversify risk.

I have a theory on pitchers, and it certainly involve $25M investment.

Honestly, never even bothered to look at O'neil's putrid 2022 numbers.

Did not notice the injuries or the downturn.

Is what it is... I will take the GG talent and bat and speed of O'Neil, a premium prospect, and 50+ grade young SP.
We all hate trading studs, right? Ok, agreed. But when we do, what should be accomplished?
1) young talent to dream on - Hassell and 1st fits; Sixto = beauty in the eye of the beholder
2) getting that big salary off your books.... not accomplished here.

I have no problem with the deal with one exception... you are letting JMAC off the hook of some terrible contracts and he's not having to pay the price. Myers and Jackson are dead-weight and that's $17M (yes, I know they can be cut for penalty), but I don't feel like that's factored in at all. O'Neill... we can argue about that one, but JMAC's point of him being worth that extension last offseaosn is fair... just pony up to dump Myers and Jackson. No one wants to take on dead-weight, believe me, I know.

For that reason, I'll veto (and let the floodgates open)
If I could buy them out now I would personally. So only other option is for him to pay difference now and I'll cut then in off season when penalty is lower.
I have no issues paying their dead wight after dropping them in off season if he wants to pay difference in salary this yr only. Makes no difference to me honestly

Floodgates can open but he does clear over 10m annually with the drops even while adding a 1st, Hassel and sixto

Is what it is. Like I said Myers and Luke were literally yo offset salary for THIS season only

So if he wants to pay the difference I'll keep them and drop them myself and even add a 2nd rd pick for the salary difference paid this season. Drops are nothing in here in offseason. That 5m to oay on them is peanuts compared to the 17m they make combined
Gonna move this thread to invalid