Shoutbox

« archive

officially saying goodbye
Thanks brother
Reluctantly I will, What is it again?
OUDAN, you gonna sign up for the new site?
Last one out, turn off the lights
GIG pick 1.25 SD traded to Denver for 1.29 and 4.09
cheers
You have been activated Scally
looks nice
sweet. im in pending approval
correct. ideally all leagues will be moving over
Pretty sure GIG and baseball leagues will be following suit shortly.
So all active leagues here will be at new site?
https://dynastysportshub.proboards.com We're moving leagues to a new site folks. Several users report not being able to access this site anymore. New board will have 3 admins instead of one absent admin so we should be able to keep things better updated.
1.3 pick in gig is on the block if anyone is interested
gotcha... makes sense. I just have draft brain right now and I'm a degenerate lol.
the thought was to wait until after the bulk of memorial day weekend so as to not stall out for a couple days, but I suppose there is no harm in it.
gig untimed start now?
Way to go QFL. Another great draft in the books
CHC/ SD deal
Padres send
Tyler O'Neil,  of, 11.6m (2025) will pay 600k this yr only to keep cubs under cap
Wil Myers. Of, 11.7 (2023)
Luke Jackson, rp, 6.0m (2023)
Robert Hassell. Of, pc
Sixth Sanchez. P. Pc
1st rd draft pick

Cubs send
Shohei Ohtani, ut/p, 26.5m (2026)

Move Myers and Luke to even out salaries.  Move on From O'Neil who we got at the expense of Yordan earlier this yr. Also lose future stud in Hassell plus big arm in Sanchez as well as 1st rd pick in deep draft

Trying to make oush for post season and love Ohtani even at insane salary commitment long term

Cubs to confirm

JMAC
 SD GM
Confirm.

More from a fear of him wearing down over time and spreading my bets, we decided to trade Ohtani

We got holes to fill and I like the players in return.

A youth movement on the way, a nice mix of young MLB players, a premium prospect, and a 1st will fit nicely into our future plans.

Good luck JMAC
So Ohatani (and his 132.5 mill) for Wil Myers, Luke Jackson, and Tyler Oneill (93.4 mill total); Hassell, a late 1st rounder and Sanchez coming of should capsular surgery. I didn't think Urias would come back from that surgery and I was wrong so you can take that gamble I guess but why you are giving up Ohtani to do it. Saving 8 mill in cap space for the next five years and spilling a generational talent for a 20 yr old spec, a late first rounder, and a guy coming off shoulder surgery (Myers, Jackson, and Oneill are 93 mill worth of cannon fodder). Sanchez better be healthy or you are getting bent over.
O'Neil isn't fodder by any means. Was very good last yr , struggled early this yr but coming around again. Buying out Myers and Jackson after season costs 5m to save 12m in cap. So clear over 10 m per season while still adding a legit bat in O'Neil plus top 20 spect in Hassell. Gambling on Sanchez and the 1st in a 24 team league is in the 16 to 20 range so still solid
I'm good either way with deal but it's not as brutal as you want to make it out to be

Again is what it is. Deal worked for us both so whatever happens. Happens
Name me a worse contract in the league than Oneill at 11.6 for five years. I'll wait.
I don't look at them all but he was a top 25 bat last yr in league hence his contract due to resign etc from previous owner before dealt to me. He is not useless by any means and to say otherwise is laughable
And Ha Seong Kim doesn't count cuz he is already on your roster
Yelich. Villar. Bregman, Stanton 32m, Carrasco 16m, sal perez 16m multiple yrs, andrus, suzuki,Suzuki, belli. Baez, etc etc. Plenty in reality
(07-21-2022, 04:00)threetwocount Wrote: And Ha Seong Kim doesn't count cuz he is already on your roster

Again to each his own on deals though. I'm content keeping Hassell, O'Neil etc if need be. No worries either way
Apologies - the Seiya Suzuki contract is easliy the worst. My point is only that the Oneill path is not pointing upward - spiraling OPS and the contract is hindering to say the least. Ohtani is second in in WAR so far this season. Not trying to be abrasive but this deal don't make sense to me. I'm only one voice though. I'm willing to shut up and let it happen