Shoutbox

« archive

officially saying goodbye
Thanks brother
Reluctantly I will, What is it again?
OUDAN, you gonna sign up for the new site?
Last one out, turn off the lights
GIG pick 1.25 SD traded to Denver for 1.29 and 4.09
cheers
You have been activated Scally
looks nice
sweet. im in pending approval
correct. ideally all leagues will be moving over
Pretty sure GIG and baseball leagues will be following suit shortly.
So all active leagues here will be at new site?
https://dynastysportshub.proboards.com We're moving leagues to a new site folks. Several users report not being able to access this site anymore. New board will have 3 admins instead of one absent admin so we should be able to keep things better updated.
1.3 pick in gig is on the block if anyone is interested
gotcha... makes sense. I just have draft brain right now and I'm a degenerate lol.
the thought was to wait until after the bulk of memorial day weekend so as to not stall out for a couple days, but I suppose there is no harm in it.
gig untimed start now?
Way to go QFL. Another great draft in the books
Feedback needed: Over cap penalties
Hey everyone - It recently occurred that we don't have any documented penalties for being over the cap in the current season. So I wanted to give everyone the opportunity to give ideas/thoughts on what those penalties should be before i make a decision. If you can post feedback here by May 27 I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks! tv
1. Take away a certain multiple of the amount they are over this year from next years cap. For example, 2 mil or less, 2 times for next year, 3-5 3 times, 5-10 4 times, 10+ 5 times. 

2. Maybe force drop someone from their roster.

3. Deny access to the postseason.
I'd say you invalidate the trade/signing that forced the team over the cap as a first step, with a warning.

Subsequent offenses would also invalidate the transaction but incur draft pick penalty. Start at the back end of the draft and have it escalate with each offense.
Sometimes it's minimal and docs not updated but take away draft picks. 5th and work way down depending on number of violations etc
Yeah and to be clear this is def not directed at any individuals specifically. I did see your moves to me. Just exposed a hole in the rules as they exist now, so figured I'd bring it up fresh in head.
How about not allowing them to accumulate stats while they are over the cap and force a move to get under the cap.

During the offseason force a move to get under the cap and take away draft picks. The quality of draft pick would be based upon how much over the cap the team is.
QFL - Chiefs
GIG - Cowboys
TMW - H-Town Eagles
BTN - Rangers
BTL - Rockies
NP -Tigers
Impartial observer but I think you would need to give time to anyone over the cap before imposing penalties for this season.

You need to have a cap compliance deadline set up prior to the season starting. The commish should keep any transactions from occurring that would put anyone over the cap during the season. So really all you need to implement is something for people who are not under the cap before the current season starts.

You could always say that the league office will force transactions if not compliant by a certain date. Keeps you from having to track penalties. And if an owner doesn’t want to take the chance that they hate what the league office would do to get under the cap? Then they better get compliant on their own.

(Unless of course I completely misunderstand your league’s rules. In which case please disregard me)
Yeah any rule changes would go into play this offseason/next season unless someone really egregiously violated this and forced an immediate action.
My interpretation (as a second yr owner in NP) is that transactions are not OFFICIAL unless approved by a owner/s assigned the roles of League Office administrator. That's the oversight or cross-check if you will for any transaction that is to be executed. I assume that cap penalties were not drafted in NP because of these checks & balances. Again, my assumption.

How do cap violations occur? Administrative error perhaps? Miscalculation? Maybe "didn't know or forgot about that rule"?

My inclination is to penalize behaviors/repetition not mistakes.

My two cents:

1st Violation:
1.a) if there were multiple bids on a player, the player is offered back to the owner with the last highest bid (from the point where the violating owner exceeded their cap)
and violating owner loses rights to this player for the current season
b) if the other bidder/owner declines the rights to that player, player is placed back into free agency. Violating owner still can not retain rights.
c) if the violation occurs from a trade - trade is void and violating owner can not gain rights to that player for the current season

2nd Violation:
a) same as 1.a
b) violating owner must "eat" the contract in violation as if they had owned the player (contract release rules apply here) and can not own that player for the current season
c) offer an appeal to the violating owner via league votes (majority vote needed to void penalty, all owners must vote) (maybe the violator can present a justification?)

3rd Violation:
* Hopefully we would never get to this point. However if we do - allow league office to determine penalty, case by case scenario. Violating owner can appeal judgment. (Same majority rules apply here) Until a final judgment in reached - owner is restricted from placing new bids or executing trades.

All in all, bear in mind this league almost never came about this season. My ideas composed here was with that in mind. I'd like for everyone to stay and not leave. Mistakes happen. Move on from them. However, be responsible. Double check, triple check your transactions before submitting. Don't create more work for the League Office by being lackadaisical with how you play in this league.