Shoutbox

« archive

officially saying goodbye
Thanks brother
Reluctantly I will, What is it again?
OUDAN, you gonna sign up for the new site?
Last one out, turn off the lights
GIG pick 1.25 SD traded to Denver for 1.29 and 4.09
cheers
You have been activated Scally
looks nice
sweet. im in pending approval
correct. ideally all leagues will be moving over
Pretty sure GIG and baseball leagues will be following suit shortly.
So all active leagues here will be at new site?
https://dynastysportshub.proboards.com We're moving leagues to a new site folks. Several users report not being able to access this site anymore. New board will have 3 admins instead of one absent admin so we should be able to keep things better updated.
1.3 pick in gig is on the block if anyone is interested
gotcha... makes sense. I just have draft brain right now and I'm a degenerate lol.
the thought was to wait until after the bulk of memorial day weekend so as to not stall out for a couple days, but I suppose there is no harm in it.
gig untimed start now?
Way to go QFL. Another great draft in the books
Releasing Players
Cap Hits

Any player dropped before the first game after the All-Star break still has part of his contract count against the cap in the following manner: Current year: 75%, Next year: 60%, All future years after: 30%. 10% penalty for buyouts (see below).

After this the penalty for the current year increases to 90% until after the August 31st free agency deadline.

If the player is dropped after this then the cap hits change to 100%, 50%, 25%, respectively with no penalty for buyouts.

The penalty is rounded up to the nearest $100,000.

If you re-sign a player that you had released within the last 30 days then their original contract is restored if more expensive and the new deal can't be longer than the old one.

Any player released under a prospect contract (prior to arbitration) will not cause a hit to the cap; however if the player has surpassed the rookie limits then any cap room gained via a demotion or release after September 7th cannot be used to fund buyouts.

There is a Release/Buyout Calculator that shows the penalties for dropping a contract.

Buyouts

Alternatively you may perform a buyout in which you add up the total remaining amount on the contract after the above percentages have been applied. Remember to multiply by 1.1 if it's before the free agent deadline and to always round up to the nearest 100k. You may then allocate the penalty any way you want so long as you don't add more years and no year has more dead money than the one before it.

12m, 10m, 10m contract bought out in June would be calculated as:

9m+6m+3m=18m
x1.1=19.8m

Can charge 19.8m to current season
Can charge 6.6m to each of 3 seasons
Or anything in between

Cash Exchanges

For future seasons these are subtracted up to the amount of the cap hit for both normal releases and buyouts. Any additional cash exchange may be used during the current season to fund a buyout.
BTL-Twins