Shoutbox

« archive

officially saying goodbye
Thanks brother
Reluctantly I will, What is it again?
OUDAN, you gonna sign up for the new site?
Last one out, turn off the lights
GIG pick 1.25 SD traded to Denver for 1.29 and 4.09
cheers
You have been activated Scally
looks nice
sweet. im in pending approval
correct. ideally all leagues will be moving over
Pretty sure GIG and baseball leagues will be following suit shortly.
So all active leagues here will be at new site?
https://dynastysportshub.proboards.com We're moving leagues to a new site folks. Several users report not being able to access this site anymore. New board will have 3 admins instead of one absent admin so we should be able to keep things better updated.
1.3 pick in gig is on the block if anyone is interested
gotcha... makes sense. I just have draft brain right now and I'm a degenerate lol.
the thought was to wait until after the bulk of memorial day weekend so as to not stall out for a couple days, but I suppose there is no harm in it.
gig untimed start now?
Way to go QFL. Another great draft in the books
How to address the shortened season
It's looking like we'll have a 9 week fantasy season (first week being 10 days long).

Using last week of real life season would likely be fine if MLB keeps existing playoff structure.

Possibility of season being curtailed due to worsening covid situation does exist.

Players may opt of of the season; plus injuries and rest days are both likely to increase.

Question 1: Should we play this season at all for money?

Question 2: If so, then what should the format and the pot be?

For example we could play for 50% and have a 6/3 regular season/postseason split with an 8 team consolation bracket (with lesser payouts than regular playoffs).

Question 3: How should we address contracts, both if we have a season and if not?

Without a season i was going to suggest all contracts tolling (so p-2021 becomes p-2022 etc.) but with teams being able to choose not to do this for veteran players and also being able to cancel all deals signed this year.

Question 4: Should 2020 count for extension values at all? 

Wouldn't be a standalone year in any case but could be merged first with 2018 and then with 2019 (i know how to to this in such a way as to mitigate small samples).

Question 5: How should we deal with draft positions, both if we have a season and if not?

Any and all thoughts are appreciated. I will populate the boards with rules etc. next week if it looks like some sort of season will be possible.

Let me know if there are any major issues that you think i've missed. Some votes are possible if opinion seems divided on certain matters.
BTL-Twins
#1: I say we play for some money.

#2: I'd say Top 8 play for 50%(everyone gets money), Next 8 play for 25%(top 4 in consolation split 25%). 6/3 seems fine. Play 3 or 4 games per week in regular season.

#3: I'd say keep contracts moving if we play for money and get a season in. Obviously if season doesn't finish then we toll the contracts. Another option would be a possibility to add one year on to the contract at the same or some reduced level instead of a full extension being required.

#4: I think at a minimum you have to combine with another season. Maybe 2019. I do think it should factor.

#5: If season plays in full then use this year to determine draft positions. If not, then use last year's draft position.

Trade deadline: I would allow trades through end of regular season.

My thoughts as of now. I am not married to any idea. I do want to play, if possible.
QFL - Chiefs
GIG - Cowboys
TMW - H-Town Eagles
BTN - Rangers
BTL - Rockies
NP -Tigers
Play Ball! Glad we are getting some activity going again.

1. My personal vote would be for no change in money, but of course I understand if that's not what most folks want to do.
3. Contracts should advance as normal, as they would in MLB
4. I think they should count, but maybe customize the formula. Maybe an average or weighted average of 2019 and 2020 values to determine the values.
5. I would base draft positions on record as normal. If no completion to season, then carryover 2019.

For our playoffs, I'd vote for an 8 team playoff similar to MLB standard playoffs (3 division winners + wildcard). I would do 8-12 matchups/week during the 6-week schedule.

Thanks for setting up the new site!!
Question 1: Should we play this season at all for money? DEFINITELY!

Question 2: If so, then what should the format and the pot be? I think 50% of our current fee and carry the other 50% for next year seems fair but it doesn't really matter to me

Question 3: How should we address contracts, both if we have a season and if not? We should not be penalized for their (MLB and MLBPA) stupidity. I think the owners can decide if they want to extend a year.

Question 4: Should 2020 count for extension values at all? NO

Question 5: How should we deal with draft positions, both if we have a season and if not? Same as before.
good with what we all decide.
I'm largely in agreement with Ace and others ideas.
- Roughly half amount in money. Only item I dont have a clear answer on is contracts, need to think about that more.

One other suggestion could be expanded IR's for this year only for any players 1) opting not to play 2) sidelined by covid 3) regular IR since injuries could be higher given lack of training. Think it'd be foolish to burn roster spots given such unique circumstances that we have no way of knowing.
Just an idea. first 4 weeks use roto for placement in the playoffs. 5 weeks playoffs with the following setup

Week 1-top 4 seeds get byes. Odd ranked teams do a 1 week roto where top 6 team advance and even do the same
week 2- 4 brackets of 4 where the lowest ranked team that advances gets placed in the 1 seeds bracket and etc. Top 2 teams from each bracket advance to week 3.
week 3,4,5 head to head with the final 8 where top seed play bottom etc...

I am game for anything.
My brain is all over the place on this, so I am going to vote for whatever Ace decides - his vote is my vote, as well. I believe he will keep the best interests of the league in mind and get us to a reasonable place where we can enjoy some fantasy baseball.

That being said, I'm not at all opposed to shutting down this season in spite of my love of fantasy baseball. I think there are going to be some serious roadblocks in our way about making this a fair and equitable season with injuries, rest days, players' opting out, etc...
Will be good to have some baseball (keeping fingers crossed)!
Monies: 50% of usual fees (having at best a little less than 1/2 season)
Playoffs: keep league format
Should 2020 count in extension values: yes
Contracts: If 80 game season is played, contracts go on as now.
Agree with Kyle, IR shouldn't be limited, allow player who elect not to play to be on IR.

Agree with several above, whatever Ace determines is good by me.
#1: I agree with: My personal vote would be for no change in money, but of course I understand if that's not what most folks want to do.
#2: I agree with: I'd say Top 8 play for 50%(everyone gets money), Next 8 play for 25%(top 4 in consolation split 25%). 6/3 seems fine.
#3: With contracts, if we play a season, everything should progress as normal. If MLB does not get the season in because of a covid outbreak or whatever reason, then we need to look at p-2021 becomes p-2022 etc.
#4: if we play a season, everything should progress as normal. If MLB does not get the season in because of a covid outbreak or whatever reason, then we look at could be merged first with 2018 and then with 2019.
#5: I agree with: If season plays in full then use this year to determine draft positions. If not, then use last year's draft position.