Shoutbox

« archive

officially saying goodbye
Thanks brother
Reluctantly I will, What is it again?
OUDAN, you gonna sign up for the new site?
Last one out, turn off the lights
GIG pick 1.25 SD traded to Denver for 1.29 and 4.09
cheers
You have been activated Scally
looks nice
sweet. im in pending approval
correct. ideally all leagues will be moving over
Pretty sure GIG and baseball leagues will be following suit shortly.
So all active leagues here will be at new site?
https://dynastysportshub.proboards.com We're moving leagues to a new site folks. Several users report not being able to access this site anymore. New board will have 3 admins instead of one absent admin so we should be able to keep things better updated.
1.3 pick in gig is on the block if anyone is interested
gotcha... makes sense. I just have draft brain right now and I'm a degenerate lol.
the thought was to wait until after the bulk of memorial day weekend so as to not stall out for a couple days, but I suppose there is no harm in it.
gig untimed start now?
Way to go QFL. Another great draft in the books
New rules for 2023 and forward
OK a few rules updates as we approach 2023.

First, the minors AB limit has been officially increased to 150.

Second, I also agree that we could increase drop penalties and they could still be forgiving. Here is what I am thinking:
5M and under - remain free
5.1-8M - 2M penalty
8.1-12M - 3M penalty
12.1-15M - 4M penalty
15.1-20M - 5M penalty
20.1-25M - 6M penalty
25.1-30 - 7M penalty
30.1-35 - 8M penalty
35.1-40 - 9M penalty
40.1+ - 10M penalty

So basically just break it out a bit more on the higher ends. Still offers significant relief of bad contracts, but lessens the benefit as the cost increases.

If no strong objections, that will go into effect for offseason 2023 (next year).

Third, I do like the bid-matching to award original poster, and I think it could be all FA, not just spects. I also like the poker-style increase. Alan wrote it succinctly and best: "Owner who posted only has to match the previous bid. All other owners must raise by at least the same amount of the latest raise." I like the matching more than the percentages, so we'll go with that. Raises capped at 3M.

Again, with no strong objects, this will go into effect this season.

Fourth, another to bring in line with other leagues is we will require the cap room to be available for bidding. I am OK with bids that would exceed roster space however, as a subsequent move could be made. But I agree that cap room should be available for all bids. That will also go into effect this season.

As for general minors eligibility, we will stick with the limits regardless of real-life minors placement, as this is meant to be a form of roster control essentially. Will also not be entertaining a restock draft right now, since this league isn't too hard to turn rosters over with the forgiving offseason drops model.

Also, I will be clarifying a ton of rules this offseason too to make things more clear and concise when it comes to simply reading through them all.
No strong objections to any of the rules. Thanks for your hard work in the league.
QFL - Chiefs
GIG - Cowboys
TMW - H-Town Eagles
BTN - Rangers
BTL - Rockies
NP -Tigers
Another update: Adding a trades section including updates that do away with YES votes on trades, so trades will be accepted to have passed unless a veto is called. It still has a 48-hour pending window. If veto'd, a new 48-hour window would start in which owners will vote on the trade, with 1/3 ratio needed for veto.
I’m on board with all. Thanks Tom. Happy to be here
Works for me!