Shoutbox

« archive

officially saying goodbye
Thanks brother
Reluctantly I will, What is it again?
OUDAN, you gonna sign up for the new site?
Last one out, turn off the lights
GIG pick 1.25 SD traded to Denver for 1.29 and 4.09
cheers
You have been activated Scally
looks nice
sweet. im in pending approval
correct. ideally all leagues will be moving over
Pretty sure GIG and baseball leagues will be following suit shortly.
So all active leagues here will be at new site?
https://dynastysportshub.proboards.com We're moving leagues to a new site folks. Several users report not being able to access this site anymore. New board will have 3 admins instead of one absent admin so we should be able to keep things better updated.
1.3 pick in gig is on the block if anyone is interested
gotcha... makes sense. I just have draft brain right now and I'm a degenerate lol.
the thought was to wait until after the bulk of memorial day weekend so as to not stall out for a couple days, but I suppose there is no harm in it.
gig untimed start now?
Way to go QFL. Another great draft in the books
Dodgers Off Season Moves
Expired contracts not resigning:

1B Mike Ford
UT Jonah Bride
P Dallas Keuchel
P Ben Heller

Resigns:

1B Cody Bellinger at variable 16.6m in 2024 & 2025;  23.6m in 2026;  30.6m for 2027 & 2028
2B Brandon Drury at variable 10m in 2024 & 18m in 2025, 1 yr less for being 30+ years old
SP Chris Sale at 13.6m value (50% of current deal) for 2 yrs at a variable of 9.6m for 2024 and 17.6m in 2025. Qualifies for 2 yr deal for being 34 years old
SP Mike Clevinger at min 2 yrs for 4.4m per
Bellinger's AAV is 30.7m (23.6m value in 2023), so his min contract is 20.5m and max is 40.9m.
Drury's AAV is 16.8m (14m value in 2022), so his min contract is 11.2m and max is 22.4m.
Clevinger's AAV is 5.8m (4.4m value in 2023), with a min of 3.9m and max of 7.7m.

These three will need to be re-done, Sale extension is fine.
The contract rules say variables have to be within' 33% of AAV. So my values should be correct as I variabled them at 30%
That’s true, but you haven’t calculated the AAVs for extensions correctly. See here for the rules, and you can use the extension calculator here to double-check my numbers above.
You'll have to help me understand this because even plugging into the spreadsheet I'm getting different values. In addition, how are you coming up with 30.7m? Sorry not trying to be a pain. I'm trying to understand.
No worries. Let's work with Bellinger.

Starting with the rules, they state "For the 2023 off-season the extension salary will be the greater of the 2022 value +20% or the 2023 value + 30%."

His 2022 value was $4.1m, and his 2023 value was $23.6m, so clearly it's the 2023 figure we need to base our calculations on. You can either do this yourself, or use the extension calculator (which I would always advise, but that's cos it's easy, I'm lazy, and it avoids any slight rounding errors).

Putting in Bellinger's $23.6m value into the Value box, 5 into the Timing box to represent 'End of Year using 2023' as denoted below it, and 0 in the Discount box (or leave it blank) because he's not getting a prospect discount, the figures on the right now show what his annual salary, max and min salaries are. It'll also auto-generate the max and min years based on the AAV for any extension, but as Bellinger has an AAV over $20m he has to be offered a 5 year deal, per the contract rules.

If Bellinger's seasons had been reversed (ie, he had his excellent year in 2022 and a poor year in 2023), you would change the 5 to a 4 in the timing box, which would mean a slightly lower AAV because he would be adding 20% to that figure (2022) instead of 30% (2023). As it is, his AAV to extend comes out at $30.7m, with a maximum allowed in any year of $40.9m and a minimum of $20.5m.

Hope that makes sense?
Got it.
Since you formulated it all out in your original post. Please ext Bellinger at min values for 24/25, AAV 26 and max at 27,28.
Min/Max 2 yrs for Drury.
And AAV for Clevinger for 2 yrs.
Thank you for all your efforts in explanation.
Am I confirmed?