Shoutbox

« archive

officially saying goodbye
Thanks brother
Reluctantly I will, What is it again?
OUDAN, you gonna sign up for the new site?
Last one out, turn off the lights
GIG pick 1.25 SD traded to Denver for 1.29 and 4.09
cheers
You have been activated Scally
looks nice
sweet. im in pending approval
correct. ideally all leagues will be moving over
Pretty sure GIG and baseball leagues will be following suit shortly.
So all active leagues here will be at new site?
https://dynastysportshub.proboards.com We're moving leagues to a new site folks. Several users report not being able to access this site anymore. New board will have 3 admins instead of one absent admin so we should be able to keep things better updated.
1.3 pick in gig is on the block if anyone is interested
gotcha... makes sense. I just have draft brain right now and I'm a degenerate lol.
the thought was to wait until after the bulk of memorial day weekend so as to not stall out for a couple days, but I suppose there is no harm in it.
gig untimed start now?
Way to go QFL. Another great draft in the books
KTR Dynasty Analysis
Philadelphia 76ers

Owner: Slou

Owner Analysis: One of the most proficient regular season owners on the site but something happens to him in the playoffs. That will be the legacy until he wins a basketball title.

Current Roster:
Top 30 - 1 (Curry)
Top 50 - 1 (Kyrie)
Top 75 - 2 (Shaedon, M.Williams)
Top 125 - 1 (J.Suggs)
Top 160 - 2 (Keldon, L.Miller)
Top 200 - 2 (Clowney, G.Williams)

Extension Decisions:  
Kyrie Irving UFA extension is at least $30m (That would be a $10m raise for this talented enigma. Literally can't afford to extend both him and Steph. Seems like an easy choice.)
Steph Curry UFA extension is at least $23m (Would be a bargain number even given his age. However if he balls out this year that number goes up. He would be $27.5m to re-sign today)
Robert Covington UFA is at least $6m (Seems like a bargain given what he has done in the past. But again depends on this year. He would be $15m to extend today)

Can't Extend:
Has avoided the mercenary route thus far

Deep Sleepers:
Ziaire Williams (People were starting to give up on him but getting decent minutes on an injured Grizz team and showing some rebounding chops)
Bryce McGowens (Has shown some ability but Hornets have other priorities)
Brice Sensabaugh (Man this guy has no buzz right now. Hard to be a rookie who needs to develop on a team with title hopes)

Outlook: The East is awful so there is definitely enough here to make the playoffs. This could be a year where they regret trading Sengun. They have some guys that are maybe underrated like Z.Williams and G.Williams. Of course two stud guards in Kyrie and Steph. Then you hope Sharpe and M.Williams can further develop into their potential. There is one concern here... not sure if they have enough Williamses on the roster.
always love to see it! Count the cavs in!
Warriors please
Brooklyn Nets

Owner: fauxcreative

Owner Analysis: Certainly one of our most active and loquacious owners. Faux has shown he can do it all. He won a KTR title two years ago and is successfully rebuilding the Kings in LOR2. The dude is dangerous and if he isn't competing, then it's most likely part of the plan.

Current Roster:
Top 25 - 0
Top 50 - 2 (Franz, Ayton)
Top 80 - 4 (A.Simons, Beal, Herro, Ivey)
Top 120 - 3 (B.Brown, J.Collins, T.Harris)
Top 160 - 1 (J.Hart)
Top 200 - 0

Extension Decisions:
Bradley Beal UFA is $16.4m (This is an attractive price point as his load management keeps his salary low. It's just you have to deal with the missed games. Not a problem on a deep squad like this)
Tobias Harris UFA is $21.6m (Tobias is such a vanilla player to own. Again it's a fair price but might be more than BRK could afford with their cap crunch)
Dario Saric UFA is $2.5m (Saric is contributing for GSW so locking in could be a good idea. But it's hard to be confident in him for anything long term)

Can't Extend:
Nic Batum, Kris Dunn & Taurean Prince (Dunn with a nice comeback story. Prince in a nice situation for fantasy. Both could see multi-year deals next season if they keep it up)

Deep Sleepers: 
None (Everyone here is a known quantity or a higher tier prospect)

Outlook: This team has a lot of depth to go with the firepower they have in the starting lineup. Herro is on his revenge tour, Ayton seems involved. Simons was playing well before his injury. Ivey's role has fluctuated early in the season. The majority of their core is still ascending. They should be a Top 3-ish seed in the East without much problem. Heading into next year they will likely need to make at least 1-2 trades to adjust for cap crunch's and lineup diversity. 
Count in the Wiz, and thanks. I def have a fun team to watch.
San Antonio Spurs

Owner: thepetis 

Owner Analysis: Being active is half the battle in these leagues and Petis has that covered. He also understands that you can't straddle the fence if you are going to be successful. You have to be either all-in on winning or rebuilding. 

Current Roster:
Top 25 - 0
Top 50 - 3 (LaVine, J.Butler, Siakam)
Top 75 - 1 (D.White)
Top 100 - 1 (McCollum)
Top 125 - 1 (D.Melton)
Top 150 - 0 
Top 200 - 2 (B.Clarke, X.Tillman)

Extension Decisions:
Derrick White UFA is $26m (White listed as a Top 75 asset but has easily been outperforming that. Will he get paid on his performance? Or released on reputation?)
De'Anthony Melton UFA is $16m (We will see what stats he posts sans Harden but $16m seems a little rich for my blood)
CJ McCollum UFA is $27.5m (Yikes. Dude has his 2nd collapsed lung in 3 yrs. Gotta throw him back to the pool. No way anyone pays him this in UFA right?)
Gordon Hayward UFA is $12.8m (Age and injury history make him more of a $2.5m type guy now)
Jimmy Butler UFA is $23m (Fun fact, Jimmy has finished exactly 32nd in the Fantrax rankings in 3 of the past 6 years. He's worth the price but aging)
Xavier Tillman RFA is $6m (We are getting a look at what Tillman can do with so many MEM injuries. This is probably a fair deal but can he get minutes like this w/o the injuries in MEM?)

Can't Extend:
Maxi Kleber, Pat Connaughton, Jae Crowder (Hard to see any of these guys commanding more than the minimum next yr)

Deep Sleepers: 
None. This team is a bunch of vets. 

Outlook: Spurs are a deep team that doesn't have a stud at this time. All eyes on McCollum's injury. His loss would be significant. They feel like they have already given up a little ground to some of their rivals in the West. They have $57m in cap next year but a lot of contracts expiring. They are going to have a chance to re-tool but it will take several solid moves. 
Phoenix Suns

Owner: Jeff

Owner Analysis: One of the true OG's on this site. I have to keep it 100 and say my experience is that Jeff doesn't expend the same time in these leagues as some of the most successful owners. However he has done good things with this Phoenix franchise. 

Current Roster:
Top 25 - 2 (Mikal, Lillard)
Top 50 - 1 (Maxey)
Top 75 - 0
Top 100 - 3 (Poeltl, Vucevic, Kuzma)
Top 150 - 3 (Draymond, Jonas V., Q.Grimes)
Top 200 - 2 (Monk, Nembhard)

Extension Decisions: 
Dame Lillard UFA is $23m (This actually seems cheap for Dame. I get that he is aging but a 2 yr deal would be adequate)
Quentin Grimes UFA is $9m (For some reason Grimes keeps getting his minutes jerked around in NY. This seems steep but he could easily outperform with consistent time)
Trey Lyles UFA is $6m (I was shocked to find out Lyles is still in the league)
Nikola Vucevic UFA is $27.5m (Fantrax rankings love this guy. His extension is expensive for a Top 100 asset. He went 43rd overall in my redraft league. Tough call)

Can't Extend:
Seth Curry, Keita Bates-Diop & Troy Brown (Once again will be difficult to see any of these guys as more than minimum contract players)

Deep Sleepers: 
No one truly qualifies as Nembhard would be the closest candidate but he is a Top 200 guy which isn't deep in this league.

Outlook: The West is going to be a dogfight but this team will be firmly in the mix for a playoff spot. Once there anything can happen. More concerning is their cap situation next year. Only $16m available at this point which means they would lose both Dame and Vucevic most likely.
Lakers please
New Orleans Pelicans

Owner: Palooka81

Owner Analysis: I'm a fan of what Palooka has done with this franchise. There's probably still too much of a mix of unrealized potential to have a real contender but flipping someone like Tari Eason for Bradley Beal is a solid direction. Not sure if it will pan out or not but I do know the Pels are in capable hands.

Current Roster:
Top 5 - 1 (SGA)
Top 50 - 0
Top 75 - 2 (Beal, J.Allen)
Top 100 - 1 (J.Grant)
Top 125 - 4 (D.Russell, A.Gordon, Z.Collins, P.Williams)
Top 150 - 0
Top 200 - 2 (Tre Jones, D.Hunter)

Extension Decisions:
Bradley Beal UFA is $16.4m (This is an attractive price point as his load management keeps his salary low. It's just you have to deal with the missed games) 
D'Angelo Russell UFA is $22.4m (It's better than the $28m he is making now but my guess is he could be had cheaper in free agency than the extension) 
Patrick Williams RFA is $17m (Yikes, it just hasn't panned out for Pat. Maybe he is a guy that flourishes with a change of scenery. Probably another to let test the market) 
Precious Achiuwa RFA is $7.5m (Getting 20 mpg and looking proficient on the boards. Really needs more minutes to feel good about extension. Might be worth it?)
Jerami Grant UFA is $20m (Fantrax loves him and he puts up fantasy numbers. But he isn't sexy and could maybe be had cheaper in UFA)
Jarrett Allen UFA is $13m (Allen is inconsistent but this feels like a bargain price especially considering the lack of Centers out there)

Can't Extend: 
Alec Burks (Nice minimum signing. Looks like he might be able to get a 2yr deal next season if he keeps us his current play)

Deep Sleepers: 
Rayan Rupert (Developmental player not getting any minutes on this awful Blazers squad. Gonna take time)
Usman Garuba (I had given up on him but MAYBE the Warriors can develop him. I would have had more confidence before they fumbled Wiseman)
Jordan Miller (Will get to cut his teeth in G-League this year. He could be in a good spot when LAC blows it up in a couple yrs)

Outlook: The West is very strong. While I love SGA, I'm not sure the supporting cast is a contender. They should be in the mix to be one of the final seeds. Never rule out a trade with them either. Looking past this season they have about $50m in cap but like 5 legit guys they have to extend or replace. A lot of decisions to be made.
Cleveland Cavs

Owner: tomviolence

Owner Analysis: TV is always active and often unlucky. Tank jobs in his basketball leagues netted him Ja Morant and Zion. What looked like sure things now are way more murky. 

Current Roster:
Top 30 - 1 (Zion)
Top 50 - 1 (Vassell)
Top 75 - 0
Top 125 - 0
Top 150 - 3 (Branham, Josh Green, N. Reid)
Top 200 - 2 (Vando, J.Hawkins)

Extension Decisions:  
Ayo Dosunmu UFA is $6m (Not exactly a hefty price tag but more than you want to pay for 5.5ppg)
Jordan Goodwin UFA is at least $5m (Similar to Ayo and his price tag could go up)
Jabari Walker UFA is $2.5m for now (Jabari getting some run on the floundering Blazers. Would be a mistake to not extend before Feb 1st)
Jarred Vanderbilt UFA is $7.5m (Vando still has potential. Get him extended while he's still somewhat cheap before returning from injury)
Naz Reid UFA is at least $7.5m (Right now, Naz would be $9m to extend. I'd jump all over that. He could go as low as $7.5m but could easily go higher. Maybe wait until late Jan) 

Can't Extend:
Has avoided the mercenary route thus far

Deep Sleepers:
Kris Murray (His brother Keegan has been decent so hopefully Kris can show some more with additional seasoning)
MarJon Beauchamp (The opportunity is there for a Bucks squad that lacks depth but so far returns are minimal)
Julian Champagnie (Hustle guy who can find minutes but shooting 28% from the field won't be good for fantasy)
Adama Sanogo (I see shades of Neemias Quetas here. Dominates G-League but rarely seen in NBA games)

Outlook: I think it can be clearly seen from the breakdown of their roster by rankings... there just isn't enough talent here. If Zion can stay healthy that will be huge for CLE. Vassell looks legit. They have a few more guys with potential that can be extended affordably. They are still closer to a rebuild than a playoff team. I'd be trying to sell a fully paid Barnes for a 1st and seeing if anyone liked my young guys enough to pay for the potential.