Shoutbox

« archive

officially saying goodbye
Thanks brother
Reluctantly I will, What is it again?
OUDAN, you gonna sign up for the new site?
Last one out, turn off the lights
GIG pick 1.25 SD traded to Denver for 1.29 and 4.09
cheers
You have been activated Scally
looks nice
sweet. im in pending approval
correct. ideally all leagues will be moving over
Pretty sure GIG and baseball leagues will be following suit shortly.
So all active leagues here will be at new site?
https://dynastysportshub.proboards.com We're moving leagues to a new site folks. Several users report not being able to access this site anymore. New board will have 3 admins instead of one absent admin so we should be able to keep things better updated.
1.3 pick in gig is on the block if anyone is interested
gotcha... makes sense. I just have draft brain right now and I'm a degenerate lol.
the thought was to wait until after the bulk of memorial day weekend so as to not stall out for a couple days, but I suppose there is no harm in it.
gig untimed start now?
Way to go QFL. Another great draft in the books
LOR2 Plus
Washington Wizards

Ownership Rating: 8.5 (Missed the playoffs for the first time last season and will miss again this year. Their true rating will show with how they get out of the current pickle they are in)

Studs: Bam Adebayo has become more well-rounded as a player and should settle in as a perennial Top 20-30 guy. Unfortunately not sure we can ever count on Kawhi again.

Prospects: Why aren't the Rockets playing TyTy Washington more? Dude is WAY better then Daishen Nix. I think he is going to be pretty good. 

Decisions: Probably too late to make moves to compete and does not own their own 1st rounder so their decision is much bigger with their entire direction in play. 

Good News: Miles Bridges and the Hornets are at least talking again. Kawhi is playing a little more often. Wiseman scored 30 in a game.

Bad News: So many moves have backfired that you have to feel bad for kkuster. Bridges screws up right after he gets extended. Kawhi's recovery has been SLOW. Wiseman's development has been SLOW. And although Vanderbilt has played well this year it looks like WAS gave up a high lotto pick to get him due to all of the misfortune. 

Outlook: This team is due for some good karma. They have a lot of talent but the amount of bad luck could cause a good owner to spiral. Hopefully kuster sticks with it because with some of that good karma they could realistically compete next year or get a fun rebuild started.
Now that I have completed my seemingly endless team check-ins for 2022 I think the logical next step is our old favorite...

Trades I Think Should Happen

WAS sends: 
C Bam Adebayo $26.4m (2026) - $8m/yr  already paid thru 2025... WAS pays down $5m in 2026
SF Klay Thompson $9.6m (2025)

MIN sends:
C Karl Anthony Towns $27.0m (2024)
SF Josh Minott $0.8m (2025)

... This one makes too much sense. WAS is too deep in a hole to compete and doesn't have their 1st. This is a way for them to upgrade Bam with a stud in KAT. Picking up Minott gives them a prospect who will have the rest of the season to develop. Wizards come back strong next year. MIN on the other hand still could make a push for the playoffs especially in the West. No guarantee that KAT returns this year so get a guy who is 2 years younger and in the next tier of centers that can contribute to the playoff push. Klay is rounding into form and will be a big addition for them. While his salary is slightly high it also offsets the salary difference between Bam and KAT. Who says no???
---------------------------------------

SAC sends:
PG Tre Mann $2.1m ORC
SG Keon Johnson $2.5m ORC

TOR sends:
PG Jaden Springer $1.8m ORC
2023 TOR 2nd
2023 UTA 2nd

... SAC sends two prospects who are contributing more to TOR who will be adding the depth to their guard rotation for the postseason. Kings get back Springer who they can sit in the G-League and a Utah 2nd that should be a Top 36 pick. This clears up some dough for their Jaylen Brown extension.
--------------------------------------

BOS sends:
PF Jonathan Kuminga $4.6m ORC
PF Obi Toppin $4.9m ORC

LAL sends:
SF Jimmy Butler $16m (2024)... LAL to pay down by $6m both seasons
PF Larry Nance Jr $1.8m, UFA... LAL to pay 1.8m this yr

... Doesn't look like the postseason is going to pan out for LAL so maybe time to pivot. Pay down Jimmy to basically cap neutral this season and throw in a paid Nance who doesn't help LAL this year and is a rental. Celtics get two guys who will definitely give them some juice. BOS is tight with the cap and this actually puts them in a better position because Toppin is due a $1.3m raise next season they won't have to worry about. Kings get younger and look ahead to next season and hope Kuminga becomes what people keep waiting to see from him. 

MORE TO COME
Curious to see Laims thoughts after the deadline on everyone. You doing another update to this stuff this year?
This particular update is pretty time intensive so not looking to update again for this season. But I was going to try to pull together some updated power rankings.
2023-24 Offseason Preview

Atlanta Hawks

Ownership Rating: 10 (No longer the winningest team in the league but has never missed the playoffs. 1x League Champ)

Studs: Devin Booker, Donovan Mitchell, Brandon Ingram

Cap: $1.1m

2023 Picks: None

UFA: Dwight Powell (Can't afford to extend)

Outlook: Hawks were an 8th seed in 2022-23 which was a bit of a disappointment caused by lengthy absences from several key contributors. They're too good to rebuild but likely not a Top 5 team in the East. 

How to Improve: 
*Internal Growth - Hope Cam Thomas and Obi Toppin find more minutes as they have proven they can play. Mark Williams and Jon Kuminga also have the arrow pointing up.
*Leverage the Future - See what you can get for the 2024 ATL 1st. With your cap challenges it will have to bring back a fully paid player. 
*Give Away Nowell - Kid averaged over 10 ppg and shows promise but need to be able to fill out the roster with min contract waiver guys
Before I get too far with these, what do y'all think of the format? Anything I am missing or should leave out? Ideas for what you'd prefer to see instead?
I think this is great! Don’t know what else you could really add honestly.

The proposed trades are always fun, that’s probably my favorite
Wasn’t sure how people would feel on the “how to improve” piece. If it’s overstepping or not.
I don't think so. If anything I always like your suggestions as they are often something I hadn't thought about yet.
Love it