Shoutbox

« archive

officially saying goodbye
Thanks brother
Reluctantly I will, What is it again?
OUDAN, you gonna sign up for the new site?
Last one out, turn off the lights
GIG pick 1.25 SD traded to Denver for 1.29 and 4.09
cheers
You have been activated Scally
looks nice
sweet. im in pending approval
correct. ideally all leagues will be moving over
Pretty sure GIG and baseball leagues will be following suit shortly.
So all active leagues here will be at new site?
https://dynastysportshub.proboards.com We're moving leagues to a new site folks. Several users report not being able to access this site anymore. New board will have 3 admins instead of one absent admin so we should be able to keep things better updated.
1.3 pick in gig is on the block if anyone is interested
gotcha... makes sense. I just have draft brain right now and I'm a degenerate lol.
the thought was to wait until after the bulk of memorial day weekend so as to not stall out for a couple days, but I suppose there is no harm in it.
gig untimed start now?
Way to go QFL. Another great draft in the books
LOR2 Plus
Houston Rockets

Ownership Rating: 10 (Missed the playoffs for the first time last year and that streak should continue this year. But still a 3x Western Conf champ and 1x League Champ)

Studs: Harden still a stud but his stock is fading. 

Prospects: Despite his extremely shaky start to his career, you have to remember James Bouknight is still only 19 yrs old.

Decisions: Do they want to extend Maxi Kleber? Do they trade Bogdanovic to a contender?

Good News: They usually trade their 1st rounder but they properly assessed their team and held onto it this year. 

Bad News: Some of their previous prospects have regressed in Jaxson Hayes and Chuma Okeke. 

Outlook: Definitely looking like a lottery team but might be too good to have the best odds at a Wemby or Scoot.
Indiana Pacers

Ownership Rating: 10 (3x Finals appearances and 2x Championships. And they are one of the favorites to win another title this year)

Studs: Steph is a GOAT. Then he has mini-studs in Jrue, Desmond Bane and Vucevic. 

Prospects: Jalen Suggs had a rough rookie year but is still extremely talented. Year 2 has been an improvement. EJ Liddell is out injured but is a nice G-League stash.

Decisions: RJ Barrett is an expensive RFA. Does IND rent him for the year or try to get an asset for him. His only other decision is what owner to bend over next in a trade.

Good News: Extremely deep. And has what appears to be a high lotto pick with acquiring the Wizards 1st.

Bad News: I guess that they don't have a ton of wiggle room in the cap... but they have gotten other teams to eat $30M in contracts this year. Y'all really funding their next title. 

Outlook: Pacers are not leaving the title scene any time soon. They are stacked and could add another top prospect in the draft. If Ben Simmons ever gets back to old form, then we're all doomed. 
Los Angeles Clippers

Ownership Rating: 8.5 (1x Finals appearances which came last season as a 2 seed. Under new management this season but no drop-off is imminent)

Studs: Dejounte, DeRozan and OG are all playing great. Julius Randle has been Top 40 this season.

Prospects: This team is all-in on going for a title. Not much youth.

Decisions: DeRozan, Randle and Will Barton are all due for extensions.

Good News: The new owner has made solid moves so far and doesn't appear to be confused about their direction and goal.

Bad News: Will Barton shooting 36% from the field. You'd like to see more from someone making $16m.

Outlook: Clippers go about 8 deep before things start to drop off. They should be firmly in the mix for a 2-3 seed in the West. 
Los Angeles Lakers

Ownership Rating: 9.5 (4x playoff appearances w/ another erased by Covid, 1x Western Conference Champ and only Western team aside from HOU with that honor. Was the 1 seed last yr)

Studs: Jimmy Butler might miss a lot of games here and there this season but when he plays he is that dude.

Prospects: Much like their crosstown rivals the Clippers there isn't much youth here.

Decisions: Just a couple minor extensions due for Josh Richardson and Dennis Schroder

Good News: With $27m available next year perhaps they can add a piece that seems to be missing from their roster this year.

Bad News: Been a lot of random injuries all over this squad. They have plenty of warm bodies but not many players seem poised for a breakout.

Outlook: Lakers are sitting well under .500 so they will have to scratch and claw for a 7-8 seed. They don't have their own pick so their options are limited. 
Memphis Grizzlies

Ownership Rating: 6 (There was a long history of poor management before Argenzio took over. He righted the ship into the Western Conference finals last year)

Studs: Kyrie is still the cornerstone but Franz Wagner is looking to succeed him. 

Prospects: Ochai Ogbaji flashed in Summer League and can hopefully develop into a bench scorer.

Decisions: No pending contracts expiring. Only decision is how to find some cap space to add to the team.

Good News: Lauri having a bounce back season. 

Bad News: Cam Johnson injured.

Outlook: Made it pretty far last year as an 8 seed. This year they could be more long the lines of a 4 seed. Solid progress.
Miami Heat

Ownership Rating: 6.5 (Ended up a 2 seed last year but bounced in the 1st round. I was a season early on saying they were headed for a rebuild. This time I am right. 4x playoff appearances.)

Studs: Sadly there are none. CP3's stud days are over and Scottie Barnes' stud days are still too sporadic.

Prospects: Miles McBride has cracked the Knicks lineup finally. We will see if he can stay there.

Decisions: Gary Trent and Kevin Love are due for extensions. Trent specifically will not be cheap.

Good News: They finally have Whiteside off the books. There's money to go after a couple RFA's next offseason.

Bad News: The team is pretty solid on depth but needs a couple of guys that can put the team on their back.

Outlook: Likely Top 10 pick. The rebuild won't take too long.
Milwaukee Bucks

Ownership Rating: 9 (Finally got over the hump. Had never been to the semis but went ahead and won the Championship last year)

Studs: KD and Joker are about as good as it gets. Then you have other guys like LaVine and JJJ who have stud glimpses.

Prospects: No room for prospects when you are this all-in.

Decisions: LaVine is up for an extension and only $18m in cap next year. To extend him would mean running it back with a bunch of 1 yr fringe guys rounding out the roster.

Good News: This is a top heavy roster but it's like Dolly Parton level top heavy to where they don't need a lot of help.

Bad News: Gonna have to decide where they want to spend all of their prize money.

Outlook: It's title or bust. Anything less than a finals appearance would be a letdown.
Minnesota Timberwolves

Ownership Rating: 6.5 (3x playoff appearances. 1x Semis. But a disappointing season last year and in danger of missing again this year)

Studs: Zion & KAT are a heck of a young combo.

Prospects: Has drafted well. Dyson Daniels looks like a good one. Isaiah Jackson performs when he gets minutes.

Decisions: With KAT injured what direction do you go with the season?

Good News: I thought Huerter for $9m/yr in FA was going to be steep but it's paying off. 

Bad News: Aside from the KAT injury it looks like Kira Lewis could be a bust. I'd be tempted to decline his option. 

Outlook: As Magic 8 Ball would say, "Reply Hazy, Ask Again Later". When I do my trades that should happen article you can bet I'll have one for MIN.
New Orleans Pelicans

Ownership Rating: 6 (Followed up semis appearance 2 yrs ago with a 6 seed and 2nd rd showing last year. New owner but this man killed the offseason)

Studs: They aren't studs but Clarkson, Tobias Harris and Kuzma are all turning in Top 50 seasons.

Prospects: Nailed the Tari Eason pick. He just needs more minutes.

Decisions: Tobias Harris is up for an extension and he won't be cheap. 

Good News: Malik Monk finally meeting expectations.

Bad News: The owner hasn't been seen lately. The team is a playoff contender and only 9 active players. $3m in cap. Sign some minimum guys and bolster the roster!

Outlook: The team is playing well and I could see yet another 6 seed but if no other moves being made they could lose steam.
New York Knicks

Ownership Rating: 9 (5x playoff appearances with a 6 seed and 1st round exit last year. Just needs more postseason advancement for a 10 rating)

Studs: Haliburton was expected and will be a stud for a long time. But welcome back Porzingis to stud status!

Prospects: Looks like Sengun is making the leap. Duarte unfortunately is hurt but hopeful for his future.

Decisions: With no cap next year and no picks what trades can they make to improve?

Good News: This team is DEEP. 

Bad News: There is a ton of injury risk here and depth could really be tested.

Outlook: This squad is really good. A Top 3 seed would be a lock if they stay healthy.