Shoutbox

« archive

officially saying goodbye
Thanks brother
Reluctantly I will, What is it again?
OUDAN, you gonna sign up for the new site?
Last one out, turn off the lights
GIG pick 1.25 SD traded to Denver for 1.29 and 4.09
cheers
You have been activated Scally
looks nice
sweet. im in pending approval
correct. ideally all leagues will be moving over
Pretty sure GIG and baseball leagues will be following suit shortly.
So all active leagues here will be at new site?
https://dynastysportshub.proboards.com We're moving leagues to a new site folks. Several users report not being able to access this site anymore. New board will have 3 admins instead of one absent admin so we should be able to keep things better updated.
1.3 pick in gig is on the block if anyone is interested
gotcha... makes sense. I just have draft brain right now and I'm a degenerate lol.
the thought was to wait until after the bulk of memorial day weekend so as to not stall out for a couple days, but I suppose there is no harm in it.
gig untimed start now?
Way to go QFL. Another great draft in the books
Extensions Rule Change?
After pondering extensions in QFL I think that the way GIG does extensions makes more sense... 

-Currently our rule is once week 11 starts we move from the prior 2 seasons to the current season and last year.

-GIG uses current season and two prior and then after Week 11 they drop two the season from two years ago so it's just current season and last year.

My proposal would be to change the rule effective with the 2023 season. It makes more sense and there will be less confusion for folks that have teams in both leagues. 

Does anyone have objection to this? If so, then I would like to hear the argument against the change. Thanks.
No objection. I agree with this.
QFL - Chiefs
GIG - Cowboys
TMW - H-Town Eagles
BTN - Rangers
BTL - Rockies
NP -Tigers
I think it makes sense, is actually a little more aligned with how extensions work in the baseball leagues as well
I'm against it. Two prior years is strong. It is two full years of performance. Totally legit.

We want to count current year after 11 weeks, okay I guess. But a few good games in current year should not outweigh 2 years. I think our current rules exist for a reason. They are better. jmho

*Edit with question*
Just a quick question if the change is made. When could a player be extended during the final contract year? I guess more specifically - Can a player be extended before Week 1 games, or is it just anytime after Week 1 games?
No issues
No strong opinion either way for me
I like it. A lot can change in football very quickly. It would add a uniform process throughout the site and help league balancing.
I’m fine either way. I can see how it would help the FA pool.
I’d prefer it stay the way it is. Imo should need at least half the current season done before it counts towards the extension.
(11-18-2022, 16:26)4sFull Wrote: I'm against it. Two prior years is strong. It is two full years of performance. Totally legit.

We want to count current year after 11 weeks, okay I guess. But a few good games in current year should not outweigh 2 years. I think our current rules exist for a reason. They are better. jmho

*Edit with question*
Just a quick question if the change is made. When could a player be extended during the final contract year? I guess more specifically - Can a player be extended before Week 1 games, or is it just anytime after Week 1 games?

Sorry just now seeing the edit...

Best I can clarify is like this...

March-April: Calendar rolls over for new season. Any players not extended from previous season become free agents and hit FA pool.

-Anytime from then up until Week 1 of the regular season you would be able to extend players with one year remaining on their deal using the previous 2 seasons.
-After Week 1 is complete, then you would need to factor current season into your calculations.

... So you would have all of preseason to get a handle on the extension decision. If someone had a big performance the first couple of weeks. then the strategy is to slow play the extension to see if they fall down the ranks.

Feels more real world-ish to me. You have to pay for performance.