Shoutbox

« archive

officially saying goodbye
Thanks brother
Reluctantly I will, What is it again?
OUDAN, you gonna sign up for the new site?
Last one out, turn off the lights
GIG pick 1.25 SD traded to Denver for 1.29 and 4.09
cheers
You have been activated Scally
looks nice
sweet. im in pending approval
correct. ideally all leagues will be moving over
Pretty sure GIG and baseball leagues will be following suit shortly.
So all active leagues here will be at new site?
https://dynastysportshub.proboards.com We're moving leagues to a new site folks. Several users report not being able to access this site anymore. New board will have 3 admins instead of one absent admin so we should be able to keep things better updated.
1.3 pick in gig is on the block if anyone is interested
gotcha... makes sense. I just have draft brain right now and I'm a degenerate lol.
the thought was to wait until after the bulk of memorial day weekend so as to not stall out for a couple days, but I suppose there is no harm in it.
gig untimed start now?
Way to go QFL. Another great draft in the books
Rules Discussion
Disclaimer 1: There obviously won't be any short notice major changes.

Disclaimer 2: Any substantial alterations will require at least 12 votes in favor and % of 80 or above.

From the brainstorming on the slack channel here are some possible things to consider:

1. Waiver claims for cut prospects (300k cost, lowest in standings gets first priority, use previous season for first month).

2. Weekly prospect bidding on fantrax in-season (therefore only MLB on the boards after opening day).

3. Allow teams to stash two players over the 400 AB/150 IP limit in their minors if they are on deals under $1m.

4. Increase MLB roster size by 2 spots for the playoffs (teams would require the necessary cap room).

5. Raise the min IP threshold in the playoffs (currently 30 IP); possibly have a buffer zone of 30-40 IP where you would only lose half of your ratio points.

6. Allow playoff teams to make signings after the deadline but with no re-sign rights (possibly only for pitchers if we raise the IP threshold).

7. Change the playoff tiebreaker to IP and batter GP (currently the higher seed advances).

If you have any other plausible suggestions then feel free to add them with an accompanying number.
BTL-Twins
My initial thoughts:

1. Waiver claims for cut prospects (300k cost, lowest in standings gets first priority, use previous season for first month).

I'm personally ambivalent on this; would be interested in what the rebuilding teams think.

2. Weekly prospect bidding on fantrax in-season (therefore only MLB on the boards after opening day).

Could run it as a 4 week trial to see what people think.

3. Allow teams to stash two players over the 400 AB/150 IP limit in their minors if they are on deals under $1m.

It would have to be the same two players for the entire season and I'm not even sure if it's possible with how we have things set up on fantrax. If enough people were in favor I could test it out and then it would be implemented after the all-star break if practicable.

4. Increase MLB roster size by 2 spots for the playoffs (teams would require the necessary cap room).

This was my idea; the reasoning being that real life rosters expand in September and some prospects are promoted. Plus teams don't always put injured players on the IL which can be frustrating.

5. Raise the min IP threshold in the playoffs (currently 30 IP); possibly have a buffer zone of 30-40 IP where you would only lose half of your ratio points.

I can see the argument for this; am interested in what others think. The tweak below could help prevent injuries from placing teams in jeopardy of missing a slightly higher threshold.

6. Allow playoff teams to make signings after the deadline but with no re-sign rights (possibly only for pitchers if we raise the IP threshold).

In a dynasty league I'm probably against being able to add position players. Contending teams can add at the trade deadline and then there is a window to secure emergency depth in free agency before the playoffs start. If limited to SP and long relievers only then this would work to boost IP totals of teams that suffer pitching injuries so that they didn't automatically lose the ratio categories.

7. Change the playoff tiebreaker to IP and batter GP (currently the higher seed advances).

I prefer the current system which boosts the importance of the long regular season but this was the most viable alternative put forward.
BTL-Twins
Having only been in the league a year, take these with a pinch of salt. I might be missing something.

- I don't really see the benefit in 1 - can't think of (m)any times it would have been used this past season, so looks more like a solution in search of a problem than fixing something wrong with the existing setup.
- Can see the argument for 2 in terms of potentially replacing some admin, but then the first-come, first-served system of bidding on the forum works well enough from my experience. It also keeps a bunch of the transactions in a single place, which can be handy for reference purposes. There are already some happening on Slack, too, and so adding a third space doesn't win me over.
- I'd be against this. It's a 30-team league with 60+ man rosters, including IL. Don't think we need to add any more loopholes to stash people.
- I think I would likely be in favour of 4 and 5, although I don't see the need for a buffer in 5 - just find an appropriate limit and have a clear cut-off.
- Generally not in favour of 6. There's a trade deadline for a reason, and it's close enough to the end of the season for me. Part of the job is to build strength in depth in case of injury, and encourage trades at the deadline to help rebuilders and contenders.
- Largely ambivalent on 7, but would lean no for the reason Ace has put above.