Shoutbox

« archive

officially saying goodbye
Thanks brother
Reluctantly I will, What is it again?
OUDAN, you gonna sign up for the new site?
Last one out, turn off the lights
GIG pick 1.25 SD traded to Denver for 1.29 and 4.09
cheers
You have been activated Scally
looks nice
sweet. im in pending approval
correct. ideally all leagues will be moving over
Pretty sure GIG and baseball leagues will be following suit shortly.
So all active leagues here will be at new site?
https://dynastysportshub.proboards.com We're moving leagues to a new site folks. Several users report not being able to access this site anymore. New board will have 3 admins instead of one absent admin so we should be able to keep things better updated.
1.3 pick in gig is on the block if anyone is interested
gotcha... makes sense. I just have draft brain right now and I'm a degenerate lol.
the thought was to wait until after the bulk of memorial day weekend so as to not stall out for a couple days, but I suppose there is no harm in it.
gig untimed start now?
Way to go QFL. Another great draft in the books
TOR / LAD Trade
Blue Jays send:

SS Bo Bichette pc-22 
*Blue Jays extend Bichette's pc deal (ranked #3 2021 @25m per [18.8m after discount]) Variable contract option chosen at 14.1m '23 ; 18.8m '24 ; 23.5m '25
*Blue Jays will pay 5m in 2023;  2024 and 2025

Dodgers send:

SS Spencer Steer pc-na
P Bryce Miller pc-na
OF Vaun Brown pc-na

Bichette has had a tough act to follow this season after the year he had in 2021.  His K's are waaay up, he's 7/14 in the SB dept (25 SBs last season drove his ranking last yr) and is also just batting above the Mendoza line against fastballs!  All in all I'm willing to gamble on the talent but not at 18.8m (25m) in NP.  Hence why I've requested TOR pay for 5m per yr.
Blue Jays get Steer (focal point for me because I did NOT want to let go) who has an OPS well over .900 the past 2 seasons and was the key return for the Reds in trading Mahle and is universally ranked in the top 100.  As a Mariners homer it was also very tough trading Miller.  Miller is widely regarded as the M's #2 overall pitcher in a system very deep in pitching.  Vaun Brown is a sneaky ask from TOR that I will probably really regret one day (soon! as he's 24 y/o).  In 450 PA in the Giants system this yr has a .350 avg and has an OPS over 1.000 with 23 HRs and over 40 stolen bases!

Good luck to the Blue Jays in their rebuild!  And I'm hoping Bichette can be great piece for me as I gear the Dodgers for a run in 2023!
TOR confirms.

Bichette was shopped to a lot of teams but we liked this deal the best. He was due a big payday that some teams balked at. By moving him here we avoid a majority of those dollars and we get 3 near mlb ready players we are very high on. Negotiations considered a lot of players on LAD roster but this group gave us the best players to fill the most holes with path to playing time sooner rather then later.
LAD has also listed some excellent points on the 3 returning players for a few more reasons why we liked them coming back. Thanks LAD for working through this deal.
fantraxed
updated