Shoutbox

« archive

officially saying goodbye
Thanks brother
Reluctantly I will, What is it again?
OUDAN, you gonna sign up for the new site?
Last one out, turn off the lights
GIG pick 1.25 SD traded to Denver for 1.29 and 4.09
cheers
You have been activated Scally
looks nice
sweet. im in pending approval
correct. ideally all leagues will be moving over
Pretty sure GIG and baseball leagues will be following suit shortly.
So all active leagues here will be at new site?
https://dynastysportshub.proboards.com We're moving leagues to a new site folks. Several users report not being able to access this site anymore. New board will have 3 admins instead of one absent admin so we should be able to keep things better updated.
1.3 pick in gig is on the block if anyone is interested
gotcha... makes sense. I just have draft brain right now and I'm a degenerate lol.
the thought was to wait until after the bulk of memorial day weekend so as to not stall out for a couple days, but I suppose there is no harm in it.
gig untimed start now?
Way to go QFL. Another great draft in the books
LOR2 Plus
If you have the old LOR2 Insider membership, then you need to upgrade to LOR2 Plus...

Top 10 Unrestricted Free Agents This Offseason

1. Kyrie Irving - The price tag will be high and there is plenty of risk but he is the one true difference maker in this class. Sacramento gave up a lot to get Kyrie so it was surprising they let him walk.

2. Kevin Love - The Thunder turned down some solid offers for Love so it's again surprising to see him on the market. He joins Kyrie as one of the only marquee guys available in UFA.

3. Hassan Whiteside - After a couple of disappointing season with the Heat ya boy Hassan went off in Portland. Which Hassan are you going to get? You'll have to pay up to find out. 

YOU NEED AN LOR2 PLUS MEMBERSHIP TO READ THE REST OF THIS ARTICLE
lol nice
Atlantic Division Preview

Boston

Outlook: The average age on this roster if you exclude MKG (and why wouldn't you exclude MKG?) is 22 years old. OUDAN is a rebuild enthusiast. One of their best players is on IR all year in Jonathan Isaac. Are you reading the tea leaves? This team is headed for a Top 10 pick. They have a lot of solid youth but they aren't going to be ready to compete until next year at the earliest.

Projected Record: 16-48
=================

Brooklyn

Outlook: This franchise has never had a winning record. I don't see that changing this year. They have a stud in Embiid and enough talent to fill out a decent starting lineup. I think Okoro could be a steal. But aside from that there is a lot of prospecting here.

Projected Record: 15-49
=================

New York

Outlook: The Knicks had a great record last year and it's possible that COVID robbed them of a championship. They have traded some big names which has given them more flexibility but also probably knocks them down a peg overall. They still should win this division in a cake walk.

Projected Record: 49-15
=================

Philadelphia

Outlook: The Sixers were one of the top teams for the first three seasons of LOR2 before taking a step back last season. Even with the decline they still had well over a winning record. I'm not sure I have seen Kyle rebuild in any league. Maybe in baseball but that's not my bag. This season's squad has Paul George and Zinger as their top guns. After that I'm not sure they have another slam dunk Top 100 player on the roster. This feels like a .500 ball club that Kyle will coax to more wins out of sheer determination.

Projected Record: 35-29
================

Toronto

Outlook: The Raptors typically underperform due to lack of in-season management. They usually have talent but they don't cash in on their assets. You have $30 million in cap, do something with it! Take on a bad contract in exchange for an asset. Buyout Hollis-Jefferson. Drop Spellman. Figure out a direction. If you are rebuilding, then cash in on Lowry and Brogdon. The current roster has no focus on picking a direction and that's the worst place you can be. It'll make you mediocre every year.

Projected Record: 18-46
Mannnnn Laim this is yet another reason why you're leagues are top notch! I will take everything you said about my team as a compliment. Bring on a top 5 pick please.
Central Division Preview

Chicago

Outlook: The Bulls started in LOR2 with a .657 win% in their first season and it's been a rough ride since then. They went through a DEEP rebuild and decided to cash it all in to compete this year. Did they succeed in that mission? Well they have two Top 50-ish players with Chris Paul and CJ McCollum. Then they have a bunch of 3rd options. I'm not sure that's going to get it done. This has all the makings of a 4th-5th seed.

Projected Record: 39-25
================ 

Cleveland

Outlook: This feels like Goldie has been tinkering with this roster for a long time. The Cavs were a mess when he took them over and they have been flush with draft picks ever since. They had a .355 win% in Year One and have yet to match that. Now they have collected so much talent that it would be disappointing if they don't compete for the playoffs. But with the 2021 Draft Class supposed to be so transcendent can they resist hoarding more draft picks instead?

Projected Record: 31-33
================

Detroit

Outlook: This is a tough projection to make. This is another team with no prior winning seasons but they have a Greek Freak. Then D'Angelo Russell and DeAndre Ayton form a nice tandem. Avidja should contribute as should Kennard. They gave up a tidy sum to get Shake Milton. The arrow is pointing up on these guys but I'm still not sold on them.

Projected Record: 33-31
================

Indiana

Outlook: The Pacers have always strong. It could be argued they have been the East's best franchise since LOR2 started. They have 2 finals appearances and were trending toward a 3rd last season. True to form this team is stacked once again. Savvy trades for Bertans and Oubre really solidified the Flex position. I also think Desmond Bane has a chance to be a sneaky contributor. 

Projected Record: 54-10
================

Milwaukee

Outlook: The Bucks always seem to hedge their bets but this has become a squad. Can they stay healthy? Jokic, KD, JJJ and LaVine are all legit. Sekou, Poku and Culver will be instrumental if they want to make a Finals run.

Projected Record: 47-17
Southeast Division Preview

Atlanta

Outlook: Thanks to Covid, the Hawks are still your defending champ! This team has topped 60 wins the past three seasons. That will be pretty hard to do with only 64 games this season. This team is deep and has star power with five Top 40-ish players. The playoffs are a certainty. The only question is if they will be the top seed.

Projected Record: 55-9
===============

Charlotte

Outlook: With the exception of 2018 this team has hovered around .500 for most of their existence. They don't make a lot of splashy moves as a lot of their gains have been from hitting on their 2nd round picks at a high rate. How soon will Kemba return from injury? How well will Oladipo return to form? Gotta love all the glue guys they have like RoCo and Tucker. There is enough risk here to project another near miss at making the playoffs.

Projected Record: 29-35
================

Miami

Outlook: True to real life the Heat are always going to try to compete. It was looking like they were in a good tank situation and then kpolman opened up the pocket book in a rare strong free agent class. He spent $29m per season on Love & Whiteside. This team likely goes as far as those guys are able to take them. They could use a PG though.

Projected Record: 35-29
================

Orlando

Outlook: This was probably the best orphaned team in quite some time with Curry and a war chest of draft picks. Honestly the new ownership group just had to heat and serve. Steph sticks out like a sore thumb on this roster. They have a lot of post-hype type players in Lonzo, Aaron Gordon, Josh Richardson and Kevin Knox. I'm not sure that is a winning group but the potential is still there. Hard to believe this was a 61 win team just a couple years ago.

Projected Record: 27-37
=================

Washington

Outlook: Klay Thompson and a 1st to SAC for Jrue paid down this year... who says no? There's a lot of risk here. How much does Kawhi sit? Does Will Barton have a pulse again? Was Christian Wood a flash in the pan? Why are the Hawks letting John Collins go to RFA? These Wizards are going to need some strong magic to make some noise. Might be time to tank.

Projected Record: 24-40
Western Conference Preview

All Teams

Outlook: No one cares. It's the inferior conference.
#Burn
lmao
Western Conference Power Rankings

1. LAC - This team might get it done on their sheer depth. Ten players averaging double digits in points.
2. LAL - The Western Conference might have to go thru LA. Lakers are deep like LAC but not as solid in the defensive stats.
3. POR - If anyone can take it from the LA teams, then it's the Blazers.
4. GSW - We knew AD and Russ were good. But Keldon looking nice and Haliburton is promising. Let's see how Wall looks.
5. DEN - They have Lebron and Garland looks to have taken a big step forward.
6. PHX - Some absolute studs here but no depth to speak of.
7. HOU - poyntz always finds a way to win but this looks like a challenge. As long as he has Harden he has a chance.
8. MEM - Started off 4-0 which is more wins than this franchise has had in their entire history! (Kidding but nice work Argenzio)
9. UTA - Would get smoked in the East but they have a solid shot at the playoffs in the West.
10. SAS - 4 solid players... maybe 5 if Boogie is back. But their depth plays just did not pan out.
11. MIN - KAT getting hurt is a major blow. Wolves rank low until he returns.
12. DAL - Terrance Ross might be their 2nd best player. Let that sink in.
13. OKC - Very young. Hayward might play be playing himself into a tradeable asset.
14. NOR - At least Kuzma looks good so far.
15. SAC - Seems like a no brainer for top lottery odds. Hope they are lucky.