Shoutbox

« archive

officially saying goodbye
Thanks brother
Reluctantly I will, What is it again?
OUDAN, you gonna sign up for the new site?
Last one out, turn off the lights
GIG pick 1.25 SD traded to Denver for 1.29 and 4.09
cheers
You have been activated Scally
looks nice
sweet. im in pending approval
correct. ideally all leagues will be moving over
Pretty sure GIG and baseball leagues will be following suit shortly.
So all active leagues here will be at new site?
https://dynastysportshub.proboards.com We're moving leagues to a new site folks. Several users report not being able to access this site anymore. New board will have 3 admins instead of one absent admin so we should be able to keep things better updated.
1.3 pick in gig is on the block if anyone is interested
gotcha... makes sense. I just have draft brain right now and I'm a degenerate lol.
the thought was to wait until after the bulk of memorial day weekend so as to not stall out for a couple days, but I suppose there is no harm in it.
gig untimed start now?
Way to go QFL. Another great draft in the books
Yankees and Tampa Trade (new)
Discussed for a couple days a few different deals with Yankees owner.

Tampa realizes lack of depth and cap space will kill most of our contending hopes in 2022. Wants a 1st round pick and instead gets a touted former 1st rounder and prospect near MLB ready.

Yankees in win now mode needs a long term replacement for Abreu and added depth for 2022.

Rays send ...
Lourdes Gurriel $4.3M thru 2026

Yankees send...
Prospect Jordyn Adams and this years 4.11 and 4.14 FYPD

Tampa reasoning... Short term, small cap space adds flexibility to 2022 and filling out roster. Long term, Adams will be arriving to the MLB in a year and fit nicely with Tyler Freeman and Korey Lee. Huge speed adds to his offensive potential. Defense will keep him on the field. The two 4th round picks give Tampa six picks in this years FYPD.
i have cap room and can give prospects for pieces that i like. also had 4 4th round picks so i dealt 2. adams is a top prospect, and was offered this deal from the rays, just like the prior trades. i am good with it, if i am allowed to trade with this franchise in 2022.
approve
Approve.

Gonna be real, this is a trash trade to. Even as an Angels fan I don't have much hope for Adams, but he certainly has potential. But Gurriel is a good young hitter on a great contract. Seems like there should have been more pieces added, but I don't like vetoes and I wanted Gurriel so I'm not gonna veto.
I'll veto. The 4ths are meaningless. Adams has no hit tool whatsoever. So the speed is irrelevant. 217 in A ball doesn't protect to much in the majors. Gurriel is on a steal of a contract ( 4.3m for 4 yrs is peanuts for his production) and 25HR with 80 rbi and 280avg is far more valuable than one prospect and 2 picks in the 100 range from draft/into etc
Another trash deal by same GMs IMO
Others may disagree but not a fair deal by any means
Sorry Artie - I don't jump into these very often but JMAC is on point here. Veto. Adams could be the fastest man on the planet but a .290 OBP at high A (and an ugly .311 slugging) means he will never sniff the big leagues without some miraculous adjustments. Fourth rounders are lottery tickets. Gurriel is 27 and coming off a 2.7 WAR effort last year. This shouldn't be a discussion.
Yeah, I'm vetoing this as well. Adams has such a long and unlikely path to the majors that he shouldn't be the centerpiece of this deal.
Veto. Pretty sure Lourdes will still be way better than Jordyn Adams when Freeman and Lee reach the bigs. The extra cap really isn't worth much.
BTL-Twins