Shoutbox

« archive

officially saying goodbye
Thanks brother
Reluctantly I will, What is it again?
OUDAN, you gonna sign up for the new site?
Last one out, turn off the lights
GIG pick 1.25 SD traded to Denver for 1.29 and 4.09
cheers
You have been activated Scally
looks nice
sweet. im in pending approval
correct. ideally all leagues will be moving over
Pretty sure GIG and baseball leagues will be following suit shortly.
So all active leagues here will be at new site?
https://dynastysportshub.proboards.com We're moving leagues to a new site folks. Several users report not being able to access this site anymore. New board will have 3 admins instead of one absent admin so we should be able to keep things better updated.
1.3 pick in gig is on the block if anyone is interested
gotcha... makes sense. I just have draft brain right now and I'm a degenerate lol.
the thought was to wait until after the bulk of memorial day weekend so as to not stall out for a couple days, but I suppose there is no harm in it.
gig untimed start now?
Way to go QFL. Another great draft in the books
2021-22 Season Preview
Toronto Raptors

Ownership Rating: 2.5 (I was surprised to look back and see only 1x playoff appearance. Toronto has had some good squads but has never done enough in-season to maximize their rosters)

Studs: None

Prospects: We have a lot of those here. Kevin Porter Jr had some huge games for the Rockets. Was Tyler Herro a mirage? Patrick Williams had a solid rookie season. There are several more. 

Decisions: Kelly Oubre is due for an expensive extension.

Losses: None

Prove It: Zach Collins showed a lot of promise when he got onto the court but my dude just stays injured.

Status: $47m cap space with only one roster spot to fill. Is there confusion about the exchange rate with the LOR2 cap??

Outlook: This team is way too young to get anything going. They have plenty of assets to make moves if they want to get aggressive but that hasn't been LUDD's style. It's going to be another lean season for the Raptors.
Utah Jazz

Ownership Rating: 8.5 (I didn't expect the rating to be so high but this team has only missed the playoffs once. 1x Semis appearance. Multiple times as a 2 or 3 seed. They have actually been one of the West's better teams but they get overlooked due to HOU always making the finals and GSW's gaudy records)

Studs: I stop short of calling Mike Conley and Tobias Harris studs but they are super solid.

Prospects: Cameron Johnson has had his moments and Romeo Langford can't seem to rise up a crowded depth chart. Leandro Bolmaro is lurking overseas. 

Decisions: Extensions due for Satoransky and Avery Bradley

Losses: Patrick Beverley and James Ennis

Prove It: Bobby Portis had the finest season in his career. I would like to see if he can duplicate it.

Status: Almost $18m to fill 3 spots. No draft picks this season. They certainly have enough to snag a quality FA.

Outlook: There are no superstars here but sofigine maintains a deep roster year after year. In the West that is good enough for a 5 seed.

Update
July 2021 - Questionably Utah decided to blow up a likely playoff team by shipping out Tobias Harris for D.Hunter & H.Diallo... Also a fair swap to acquire Coby White for Cam Johnson.
Washington Wizards

Ownership Rating:  (Has never missed the playoffs. 2x semis appearances. Fun fact: They have been eliminated by the Pacers EVERY season in the playoffs)

Studs: Kawhi is great but has a spotty injury record. They just traded for Bam... can he help them beat Indiana this year?

Prospects: Moses Brown parted the Red Sea... and led them right into another loss to Indiana. Him getting traded to the Celtics hurts his ceiling.

Decisions: What round to lose to Indiana in this year?

Losses: Edmond Sumner, Trevor Ariza, Isaiah Hartenstein

Prove It: At times it appeared Christian Wood was going to launch into the stratosphere. Can he get there? 

Status: $9.6m to fill 3 spots however only $3.8m next year so may have to fill with 1 yr deals. 

Outlook: The sky is the limit for this team. Well, as long as the Pacers aren't in the sky. 

July 2021 - Flipped John Collins for Bam Adebayo. Solid upgrade... In another flurry of deals shipped out C.Wood & W.Barton in order to pick up C.Sexton and rent Miles Bridges. Also got a 1st from LAL. Another good deal for the Wiz.
FYI - I will be periodically updating these previews in their original posts when something major happens for the franchise.
Great previews Laimbeer. Great plus for the league
These are awesome. Thanks Laimbeer
Thanks all. Reminder that extensions are due by June 30th
Great read as usual Laimbeer!  Thanks
FREE AGENCY PREVIEW

Top 10 Available

1. LeBron James - Oops, let's pretend this didn't happen.
1. PG Chris Paul - The new contract system makes short term deals a thing. CP3 is a game changer and could put a contender over the top.
2. PF/C Andre Drummond - Didn't look so good for the Lakers but position scarcity means someone might have to roll the dice.
3. SF Andrew Wiggins - Looked like a Top 75 type guy and still only 26 yrs old.
4. SF Kelly Oubre - Things looked pretty shaky for a bit but he got better as the season progressed. Could end up as a steal.
5. SF Jae'Sean Tate - Was his rookie season a fluke? Put up nice stats across the board.
6. SF Josh Jackson (RFA) - As long as he stays on a crummy NBA team he has a chance to be useful in fantasy.
7. SG Justin Holiday - Fantrax loves him. Doesn't miss many games and contributes some defensive stats.
8 SG Evan Fournier - Wasn't a fan of his fit in Boston and not a ton of upside but would be a safe signing with a relatively high floor.
9. SG Terance Mann - The Terance Mann Game alone is going to make him some money. An upside play.
10. C Ivica Zubac - Still only 24 yrs old and center is thin.
The wizards are an anomaly too all over the place to numerically rank. One day they’re rebuilding, the next they’ve talked themselves into being a contender. I get it.