Shoutbox

« archive

officially saying goodbye
Thanks brother
Reluctantly I will, What is it again?
OUDAN, you gonna sign up for the new site?
Last one out, turn off the lights
GIG pick 1.25 SD traded to Denver for 1.29 and 4.09
cheers
You have been activated Scally
looks nice
sweet. im in pending approval
correct. ideally all leagues will be moving over
Pretty sure GIG and baseball leagues will be following suit shortly.
So all active leagues here will be at new site?
https://dynastysportshub.proboards.com We're moving leagues to a new site folks. Several users report not being able to access this site anymore. New board will have 3 admins instead of one absent admin so we should be able to keep things better updated.
1.3 pick in gig is on the block if anyone is interested
gotcha... makes sense. I just have draft brain right now and I'm a degenerate lol.
the thought was to wait until after the bulk of memorial day weekend so as to not stall out for a couple days, but I suppose there is no harm in it.
gig untimed start now?
Way to go QFL. Another great draft in the books
2021-22 Season Preview
This is why you're the best Laim! Love it!
Golden State Warriors

Ownership Rating: 8 (3x being the #1 seed in the West. Unfortunately has also choked early in those playoff runs limiting this score)

Studs: Anthony Davis when healthy is as good as they get. Is it too early to put LaMelo in here?

Prospects: Haliburton is just scratching the surface. Even Ty Jerome is starting to show signs of life. Is THT as good as LeBron says?

Decisions: It's a no-brainer but they do need to re-sign AD. Then it's time to do some G-League evaluations.

Losses: Only his standing in the overall best career record race after last year's tank job.

Prove It: John Wall had a bounce back season of sorts but can he play a full season?

Status: Well on their way to a dominating rebuild. Plenty of cap space, prospects and draft picks. Golden State has a "Slou" of options available.

Outlook: Quite honestly I wouldn't be shocked to see them as the top seed in the West.

UPDATES
June 2021: Flipped ROTY LaMelo into Giannis. This bamboozling further leads me to believe they should have the best record in the West.
Houston Rockets

Ownership Rating: 10 (Never missed the playoffs. 3x Western Conf Champ, 1x League Champ)

Studs: James Harden dropped off a little this season but he's still a Top 5 guy.

Prospects: Dillon Brooks probably no longer a prospect but he has a lot to give.

Decisions: Who will he trade his future 1st for this year?

Losses: Justin Jackson?

Prove It: Norman Powell seems like he is on the cusp of being a solid Top 50 guy. Is it for real?

Status: Not much cap and a couple spots to fill. Nothing in G-League. But again that poyntz playbook is to turn his future 1st into a contributor.

Outlook: I've learned to never count this team out. If Harden continues to descend, then it will be tough for them. But they still should squeak into the playoffs. Once there, they are a threat.
Indiana Pacers

Ownership Rating: 10 (2nd best all-time record, 3x Finals Appearances, the only 2x League Champ)

Studs: No shortage here with Vuc & Butler and to a lesser extent Jrue and Lowry.

Prospects: Lu Dortz came out of nowhere and played a big part of Pacers success last season.

Decisions: Who will he trade his future 1st for this year?

Losses: Kenrich Williams and likely KCP (5m extension)

Prove It: TJ Warren isn't in the bubble anymore. Can he earn that salary?

Status: Already has $110m worth of contracts on the roster thanks to the altruism of others. Will need to work a little more cap magic to add to roster. Right now he can't even afford to promote someone from the G-League.

Outlook: Murph likely always going to be a threat in the East. This year is no different.
Los Angeles Clippers

Ownership Rating: 7.5 (Pulled off an upset over 1 seed as an 8 seed, One appearance as a 1 seed, Robbed of another due to Covid. Stock up under Pricker's reign)

Studs: SGA and wait... it that Julius Randle's music??

Prospects: Wendell Carter Jr is so tantalizing but the results are disappointing so far.

Decisions: Re-signing Evan Fournier? 

Losses: Alex Len and Naji Marshall who had a nice rookie season out of nowhere.

Prove It: Is it ever going to happen for Delon Wright? 

Status: Could probably just run it back and do just fine. But SGA's huge extension looms.

Outlook: Clippers should comfortably be one of the top seeds in the West again.
Los Angeles Lakers

Ownership Rating: 9 (3x playoff appearances w/ another erased by Covid, 1x Western Conference Champ and only Western team aside from HOU with that honor)

Studs: Welcome to the club Jaylen Brown!

Prospects: Sexton, D.Hunter, P.Washington, Miles Bridges and even Jordan Nwora give them a lot of youth.

Decisions: Not immediate but they are going to have to decide on pricy RFA extensions for Sexton and Bridges

Losses: Looks like Andrew Wiggins is going to walk and get PAID in free agency

Prove It: A couple guys with some significant cap hits in E.Payton and J.Nurkic. Can they earn it?

Status: Enough cap space to sign a draft pick to replace Wiggins. This is another team that could probably run it back and be okay.

Outlook: Lakers seem like a 4-5 seed but there is a wide margin of error here. A lot of young guys need to keep improving.

Update
July 2021: They have completely remade their team sending out youth (D.Hunter, H.Diallo, Lauri, Jaylen Brown, PJ Washington, C.Sexton, Miles Bridges, J.Nurkic and their 2022 1st) for some star power (Tobias Harris, Steph Curry, D.Schroder, C.Wood, Joe Ingles, T.Maxey and 2022 ATL 1st)
Memphis Grizzlies

Ownership Rating: 1.5 (This is no knock on Argenzio who made impressive strides in his first year. Frozenfire stripped this team of the future to get in 8 seed in the inaugural season and the team has been behind the 8 ball ever since)

Studs: Kyrie is their cornerstone.

Prospects: Coby White of course. Holding out hope for Bruno Fernando. A lot of 2nd round types in the G-League.

Decisions: Who to draft? It is extremely important they nail this pick.

Losses: The fans will miss Boban.

Prove It: Time for Kris Dunn to show he is worth keeping around.

Status: Cap is thin for the next couple of years. Will need to nail their picks and decide if it would be better to trade their top guys for some prospects.

Outlook: I've seen stranger things but the Griz making the playoffs would be a surprise.

Update
July 2021 - Acquired Lauri for Dennis Schroder. I like the gamble that a change of scenery could help Markannen. Plus he has that C eligibility.
Miami Heat

Ownership Rating: 6 (3x playoff appearances but no wins. Headed toward a rebuild)

Studs: None. Getting one will be a top priority.

Prospects: Daniel Gafford looked good once he was traded to the Wizards. 

Decisions: Re-sign Lou Williams and Dwight Howard? They don't fit a rebuild. But can you get any return on them in trade?

Losses: Potentially Josh Jackson if RFA gets crazy.

Prove It: Kevin Love and Hassan Whiteside making big bucks. Can they show well enough to be traded?

Status: About $48m in cap space and three 1sts in the draft. That's a nice start on a rebuild.

Outlook: My guess would be another season with a Top 10 pick before they smell the playoffs again.
Milwaukee Bucks

Ownership Rating: 6.5 (3x playoff appearances. Never been to the semis which is disappointing considering some of the talent they have had.)

Studs: KD & Joker which kind of proves my point above.

Prospects: Getting worried about Sekou and Culver. Poku showed some potential. Bol struggling for minutes on a strong squad.

Decisions: Will they extend Melton and Seth Curry?

Losses: Terrance Mann made some waves for the Clippers and will be heading to UFA.

Prove It: JJJ looked like a stud at one point but can he bounce back from injury?

Status: $14m in cap space and their own 1st to fill 5 slots around KD, Jokic and JJJ. 

Outlook: A surprising lack of depth for a team that has had several 1sts in 2018 and 2019. But if they can get some decent depth and the stars stay healthy I could see them as a 4-6 seed.

Update:
July 2021 - My goodness. Just acquired Dame for Poku and a couple 1sts. Depth be damned. This team with Dame, LaVine, KD, JJJ and Joker is bananas.
Minnesota Timberwolves

Ownership Rating: 7 (3x playoff appearances. One trip to the semis. Coming off their best season.)

Studs: Zion & KAT. Not too shabby!

Prospects: Theo Maledon, Kira Lewis and Xavier Tillman both show promise.

Decisions: Garrett Temple is a pending FA. But what's really looming is the RFA decision on a shockingly expensive Kevin Huerter at $14.4m

Losses: None

Prove It: Is Jeremy Lamb still in the league?

Status: In pretty good shape with $8.5m to fill one spot and control of their own 1st round pick.

Outlook: I would be surprised to see this team miss the playoffs unless Zion or KAT misses a lot of time due to injury. I could even see them being a 3 seed.