Shoutbox

« archive

officially saying goodbye
Thanks brother
Reluctantly I will, What is it again?
OUDAN, you gonna sign up for the new site?
Last one out, turn off the lights
GIG pick 1.25 SD traded to Denver for 1.29 and 4.09
cheers
You have been activated Scally
looks nice
sweet. im in pending approval
correct. ideally all leagues will be moving over
Pretty sure GIG and baseball leagues will be following suit shortly.
So all active leagues here will be at new site?
https://dynastysportshub.proboards.com We're moving leagues to a new site folks. Several users report not being able to access this site anymore. New board will have 3 admins instead of one absent admin so we should be able to keep things better updated.
1.3 pick in gig is on the block if anyone is interested
gotcha... makes sense. I just have draft brain right now and I'm a degenerate lol.
the thought was to wait until after the bulk of memorial day weekend so as to not stall out for a couple days, but I suppose there is no harm in it.
gig untimed start now?
Way to go QFL. Another great draft in the books
2020 season open forum
Anyone have any thoughts or ideas on how to handle 2020 season?

Main point being:
Should we play the 60 game fantasy season using existing teams? 

My preference:
We play the year (no playoffs) as one large regular season at a lower cost (maybe $20 per team?) and rollover the rest to a hopefully full season next year.

Other items to keep in mind:
Do all contracts count for 2020? Do they rollover to 2021? Is it fair for prospects to lose a cheap year for a 1/3 of a season?

How to deal with extensions moving forward for an abbreviated season?
What about in-division semi-roto regular season with 4 or 8 playoff teams (2 or 3 weeks)?

You play all nine teams in your division each week. Top 2 or 4 from each division make playoffs.
I would say play for half our fee and roll over the other half for next season.
We should be using our existing team as we've built our team on this format. Doesn't matter if it's 60 games or 162 games.

Owners decide on the players contract.
Just an idea. first 4 weeks use roto for placement in the playoffs. 5 weeks playoffs with the following setup

Week 1-top 4 seeds get byes. Odd ranked teams do a 1 week roto where top 6 team advance and even do the same
week 2- 4 brackets of 4 where the lowest ranked team that advances gets placed in the 1 seeds bracket and etc. Top 2 teams from each bracket advance to week 3.
week 3,4,5 head to head with the final 8 where top seed play bottom etc...

I am game for anything.
I'm good with whatever. Contracts get tricky...
Preface: We should be aware that MLB season may not go ahead as planned due to covid.

Money played for: Anywhere from $20 to $40 is fine be me.

Format ideas: Play every team in your league (AL/NL) each week for 6 weeks, then 3 weeks of playoffs (8 teams). Split whatever pot we have 50/50 between regular season and postseason. If play stops after 6 weeks then split the playoff money between top 12 evenly. Or could just have a 9 week regular season playing 6 games per week in one giant division.

Contracts: If no season or we don't play for a large % then toll all prospect contracts and let GMs decide on vets. Ultimately i'd prefer to take the team control unless we played for a decent amount of money and had at least half of that for the regular season.

Extensions: For 2021 would use highest of 2018, 2019 and 50% of 2020. Back to normal by 2023. I'd wipe 2020 if the real life season ended up being less than 50 games; too much variance. Could also consider not counting 2020 if we only played for $20.

Draft: Could do an average of 2019 and 2020 finishes to work out positions for next draft. Obviously we'd just use 2019 if MLB doesn't play any (or many) games.

Scoring: Maybe look at QS; might not be a viable category if pitchers are rarely going deep and/or openers are used a lot. Fantrax has a Quality Appearance option which is IP of 5 or more and ERA of 4.5 or less. Link to 2019 leaderboard (i added it as a category temporarily so people can evaluate).
BTL-Twins
Largely in agreement with most.

I think a $30 2020 payment and roll $30 over to next year makes most sense. 9 week season with 6 weeks regular season and 3 week playoffs.

The one advantage we have in NP compared to other leagues is the contract set up with keeper settings we use and ability to get out of a contract relatively easy. Maybe an added provision with a lesser drop penalty for a small amount (1-2 players) one time only? or tied specifically to contracts given this offseason?

Biggest outstanding issues are what to do with P-contracts and extensions. Extensions it makes sense to turn to a 3 year rolling high..
I'm good for whatever the league decides as far as rules are concerned - can't screw it up worse than MLB already has. Universal DH and a man on second to start extra innings (more money for the players - veteran DHs; more money for the owners - don't like paying staff late into the night with 14 inning games) - common theme greed. Next thing you know, they gonna use your money to build their place of business, charge you exorbitantly to enter, make you spill 12 bucks for a frosty one (luke warm), and name the park after a bank or insurance company that your tax money bailed out a few years back.
My brain is all over the place on this, so I am going to vote for whatever admin decides - his vote is my vote, as well.

That being said, I'm not at all opposed to shutting down this season in spite of my love of fantasy baseball. I think there are going to be some serious roadblocks in our way about making this a fair and equitable season with injuries, rest days, players' opting out, etc...
I'm good with whatever is decided, but I do believe the monies should be half the usual.