Shoutbox

« archive

officially saying goodbye
Thanks brother
Reluctantly I will, What is it again?
OUDAN, you gonna sign up for the new site?
Last one out, turn off the lights
GIG pick 1.25 SD traded to Denver for 1.29 and 4.09
cheers
You have been activated Scally
looks nice
sweet. im in pending approval
correct. ideally all leagues will be moving over
Pretty sure GIG and baseball leagues will be following suit shortly.
So all active leagues here will be at new site?
https://dynastysportshub.proboards.com We're moving leagues to a new site folks. Several users report not being able to access this site anymore. New board will have 3 admins instead of one absent admin so we should be able to keep things better updated.
1.3 pick in gig is on the block if anyone is interested
gotcha... makes sense. I just have draft brain right now and I'm a degenerate lol.
the thought was to wait until after the bulk of memorial day weekend so as to not stall out for a couple days, but I suppose there is no harm in it.
gig untimed start now?
Way to go QFL. Another great draft in the books
Any Rule Changes?
Explain the penalty yards for me.

I am open on drops.
I'm all for each suggestion.
(01-06-2021, 15:59)SoonerorLitigator Wrote: Explain the penalty yards for me.

I am open on drops.

If let's say Patrick Peterson committed a pass interference and it was a 40 yard penalty, then he would get 4 points added to his total. Or if Frank Gore got a 10 yard holding penalty, then he would get 1 point.

It's counterintuitive I realize for a negative play to get positive points. But there had been some people point out that DB's are not worth renewing at their salaries because they don't score as high. So I think they have the most potential for penalty yardage and this could make them more valuable.
(01-06-2021, 16:38)Laimbeer40 Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 15:59)SoonerorLitigator Wrote: Explain the penalty yards for me.

I am open on drops.

If let's say Patrick Peterson committed a pass interference and it was a 40 yard penalty, then he would get 4 points added to his total. Or if Frank Gore got a 10 yard holding penalty, then he would get 1 point.

It's counterintuitive I realize for a negative play to get positive points. But there had been some people point out that DB's are not worth renewing at their salaries because they don't score as high. So I think they have the most potential for penalty yardage and this could make them more valuable.

I get the idea of them being devalued, but I certainly don't like to increase the value of players who are bad at their jobs. CBs are hard to improve value for. The best often don't get stats because they do not get thrown at. There is little we could do to impact their value.

A pass interference penalty of 40 yards would be 1/3 of the total per game points for the best CB in 2020 and would be 1/2 of the per game points for the #20 CB. 

I looked it up because I was curious what impact it would have. The most PI penalty yards for a CB would be 111 so the total per season impact would only be 11.1 points. Also somewhat surprisingly some of the best CB are on the list of most penalty yards for PI. 

I think I am just opposed to the idea of rewarding players for hurting their team. I'd say no to that proposal. 

I like all of the other proposals though.
Here’s my thought process. I know we don’t have hockey leagues here but most of them reward players for penalty minutes. This is basically the same thing imo.
Personally don't care for the penalty yard points at all.

Most pass rushers are losing points with this change. In most cases, the TFLs +2 don't make up for the Hurries -1.5. Just so everyone knows.
(01-10-2021, 22:29)4sFull Wrote: Personally don't care for the penalty yard points at all.

Most pass rushers are losing points with this change. In most cases, the TFLs +2 don't make up for the Hurries -1.5. Just so everyone knows.

Wouldn’t the QB Hits being +2 increase the value?  (Assuming that the rule changes are grouped together).  Could be I am missing something, which is usually the case when math is involved.

I am indifferent to PI yards counting positively; but I am very in favor of minimizing hurries on the new Fantrax scoring system.  The old scoring seemed to mirror NFL nextgen and you could usually understand/predict what hurries you’d get.  The new system is super arbitrary and vague; I swear that players on primetime got 200-300% increase on hurries as if those were the only games they watched (conspiracyMurph in full effect).  QB hits is a much more transparent stat and almost real timed on nfl.com/ESPN.
Still tinkering. The goal is to make defensive players slightly more potent. I may be playing around with league settings so I can see how Fantrax scores them. For instance Fantrax gave Khalil Mack twice as many hurries at pro football reference. So if you guys see me changing any scoring setting in FTX I am just seeing how they would affect things. Would post here before doing anything official.

Yeah Billy, penalty minutes from hockey was exactly what I was thinking on Penalty Yardage but I think enough people aren’t feeling that one that I can take it off the table.

Receiver drops looks like it will be adopted.
TMurphy3,

It looks like we might go to Hurries 1.5 and TFLs 2. QB Hits were scratched.
Ok, it took some tinkering but I think I have a better balance going here. For the sake of brevity please go into the 2021 League and look at how players scored for 2020. If it looks right, then I will post the scoring updates to the rules.

Examples of effect the changes would have...

DE (Gets a positional bonus of 2 pts for TFL, DE/DT the only positions to receive this bonus)
Myles Garrett 236p > 280p
Brian Burns 214p > 245p
Romeo Okwara 205p > 251p

LB (No positional bonus)
Khalil Mack 262p > 262p
Devin White 252p > 282p
TJ Watt 249p > 285p

CB/S (Positional bonus of 3 pts for pass defensed and 1 pt for assisted tackle)
Marlon Humphrey 210p > 240p
Malcolm Butler 192p > 231p
Kenny Moore 186p > 220p
Budda Baker 219p > 255p