Shoutbox

« archive

officially saying goodbye
Thanks brother
Reluctantly I will, What is it again?
OUDAN, you gonna sign up for the new site?
Last one out, turn off the lights
GIG pick 1.25 SD traded to Denver for 1.29 and 4.09
cheers
You have been activated Scally
looks nice
sweet. im in pending approval
correct. ideally all leagues will be moving over
Pretty sure GIG and baseball leagues will be following suit shortly.
So all active leagues here will be at new site?
https://dynastysportshub.proboards.com We're moving leagues to a new site folks. Several users report not being able to access this site anymore. New board will have 3 admins instead of one absent admin so we should be able to keep things better updated.
1.3 pick in gig is on the block if anyone is interested
gotcha... makes sense. I just have draft brain right now and I'm a degenerate lol.
the thought was to wait until after the bulk of memorial day weekend so as to not stall out for a couple days, but I suppose there is no harm in it.
gig untimed start now?
Way to go QFL. Another great draft in the books
2021-22 Season Preview
New Orleans Pelicans

Ownership Rating: 5.5 (This score shot up after last seasons trip to the semifinals. Previously they had zero playoff appearances and their best season was a .275% winning pct)

Studs: No bona fide studs but Clint Capela is a difference maker.

Prospects: This is a pretty veteran squad so Nico Mannion is the only one that qualifies here.

Decisions: None really.

Losses: Taj Gibson is UFA

Prove It: We all know what Boogie is capable of if his skills haven't been sapped by injuries. 

Status: Not much to do here with 12 players under contract and $6m to spend.

Outlook: They squeaked into the playoffs as an 8 seed last year and then made some noise so not sure if status quo gets them back to the playoffs. If so it will be as a 7-8 seed again.
New York Knicks

Ownership Rating: 9 (4x playoff appearances, team got better every season. #1 seed last year. It was shocking that Heiz stepped down from a juggernaut so we will see if JMAC can keep the momentum going)

Studs: Jamal Murray, Bam and MPJ have looked like studs at times. Myles Turner could fit here if he ends up in another situation not battling Sabonis for boards.

Prospects: Plenty of youth but most of it established enough I don't call them prospects anymore. 

Decisions: Extend Derrick Jones? But the bigger decision is what to do about their upcoming RFA class. Yikes!

Losses: DeAndre Bembry is UFA

Prove It: I need Fantrax to prove they aren't on meth. Mikal Bridges is nice but wow do they have him rated high. No way you can justify doing a $28.8m RFA extension.

Status: On the surface there isn't much to do here. In reality they have to start preparing for some cap issues on the horizon.

Outlook: This team is top notch. Anything less than a 2 seed would be a disappointment.

UPDATE
June 2021: Stock down a bit as the forward-thinking JMAC sends Mikal Bridges out for Cam Reddish. They weren't going to be able to re-sign Mikal but this does add a little more doubt about them being the team to beat in the East.

July 2021: Continuing the mission to clear cap they moved Bam Adebayo for John Collins and a 1st. Another move for the long term that moved them down a peg this season.
Oklahoma City Thunder

Ownership Rating: 3 (This team was picked 7th in the initial franchise draft. They were a 5 seed in the inaugural season, then never sniffed the playoffs again. Hopefully ThePetis can get them back on track with the rebuild)

Studs: Gordon Hayward played like one at times but of course he is more fragile than a 2 year old's self esteem.

Prospects: C.Anthony, Vassell, I.Stewart and P.Reed all showed some potential. Jalen Smith did not. 

Decisions: Put Miye Oni into the Hall of Fame now or wait until he is officially eligible?

Losses: Bryn Forbes and Chandler Hutchison

Prove It: Hayward needs to prove he can stay healthy. 

Status: $38m in cap with 4 open roster spots. This is a very young team. The key will be deciding how quickly you want to rebuild.

Outlook: This squad shouldn't make much noise this year but if a few of their young guys develop, then the playoffs could happen in a couple years.
Orlando Magic

Ownership Rating: 4 (1x playoff appearance, went 61-17-2 in 2019 and only got a 4 seed. The East is tough my friends)

Studs: Poor Steph Curry. This must be how he feels in real life.

Prospects: Malachi Flynn shows the most promise but their G-League is packed with kids going into their 2nd season.

Decisions: None

Losses: Sterling Brown

Prove It: Is Kevin Knox a lost cause at this point?

Status: $15m in cap with 1 open roster spot and their 1st rounder. This team has some talent so it's a matter of whether they want to press the gas pedal.

Outlook: They can be close to a .500 team as-is. With a couple of solid moves I could see them in the 8 seed.

Update
July 2021: Picked up Pick 1.2 and some prospects for Steph Curry and Aaron Gordon. Later returns for a fully paid Steph seems a bit better than the early pick. Sure hope Hericon nails their draft this year or it's going to be a painful journey.
Philadelphia 76ers

Ownership Rating: 8 (3rd pick in the franchise draft has never missed the playoffs. However they also never made it past the 2nd round. Perhaps the League Office can pump some life into a deteriorating franchise)

Studs: Their stars have faded a bit but Paul George and Zinger still qualify.

Prospects: Pretty barren here. Kyle never put much emphasis on youth.

Decisions: Is there a creative way to extend Gary Harris for $3.7m?

Losses: Muscala, Neto and MCW... most likely Gary Harris too

Prove It: Dario Saric has been all over the place with his stats. Can he come anywhere close to earning his $10m per season?

Status: $2.3m in cap to fill 4 roster spots and the entire G-League. And of course no 1st rounder.

Outlook: They can get a winning record even adding just some below average players. But it feels like they need to do something more exotic. Stock down.
Phoenix Suns

Ownership Rating: 9 (Has made the playoffs each season; 1x Semis appearance)

Studs: Luka and Dame. Pretty good I guess. Rudy Gobert right there too.

Prospects: I tried like hell to get Precious from them. No dice. I'm kind of glad since Pat Riley seems hesitant to use him so far.

Decisions: How to get in good positioning for Luka's expensive RFA extension.

Losses: Markieff Morris, Pat Connaughton and Robin Lopez

Prove It: This one goes to the GM who has to prove they can work the cap to afford those expensive studs.

Status: $16m with four spots to fill. Plenty of money on the surface. But again, that Luka extension on the horizon.

Outlook: There will likely be a trade or two in their future but it would be a major surprise to see them break the trend and miss the playoffs this year.

Update
July 2021 - Traded Dame for Poku, 1.10 and 1.12 but I don't hate the move. Certainly the ceiling isn't as high this season. This move would however allow them to extend Gobert if they so desired. There is an 80% chance they lose this trade. It could end up being the right move though to cultivate the depth.
Portland Trailblazers

Ownership Rating: 7 (3x playoff appearances; 2nd seed in 2021. I have been highly complimentary of what Tommy has done to turn around this franchise)

Studs: Ja Morant for sure. Also two undercover studs in Sabonis and Middleton.

Prospects: Saddiq Bey was a very pleasant surprise in his rookie season.

Decisions: Probably just need to consider if they plan to re-sign Jalen Brunson before he hits RFA.

Losses: Khem Birch & Jalen McDaniels

Prove It: It's time for Anfernee Simons to take the next step in his development. Until then, hope he wins another $20 in the dunk contest.

Status: $13m to fill one active roster spot. Will he do the Tommy special and trade his 2022 1st for a contributor?

Outlook: This team was the #2 seed last year and perhaps they get back a healthy Thomas Bryant. They are tracking as a Top 3 seed in the West.
Sacramento Kings

Ownership Rating: 5 (2x playoff appearances; 2nd seed in 2019. Prior owner let Kyrie get away and bounced. Faux going into a deep rebuild so future ratings will be tracking the progress of that)

Studs: None

Prospects: Payton Pritchard had some nice moments in his rookie season. Zeke Nnaji should continue to develop.

Decisions: Everything

Losses: Dwayne Bacon and Ed Davis

Prove It: With a wealth of draft picks at his disposal Faux will have to prove he knows how to work the draft and identify young talent.

Status: $32m in space to fill almost an entire roster. They will be mostly inexpensive and young players or flippable vets using their cap as an asset.

Outlook: This is a blank slate with a lot of cap being paid out to other teams over the next two years. It'll be a couple years before they sniff the postseason.

Update
July 2021: Basically flipped Pick 1.2 into Jaylen Brown, PJ Washington and Aaron Gordon. That accelerates the rebuild by a year lol
I’m afraid to see my owner rating. I’m just hoping it’s positive.

And have to agree with the others. This is one of the great things about Laimbeer’s leagues
San Antonio Spurs

Ownership Rating: 1 (What else can I give a team that has never sniffed the playoffs and still isn't close? This team has the Corey Curse. AMott has done things the right way but every time he makes a big signing or trade his acquisition gets injured. Despite the low score this owner is far from the worst in the league)

Studs: De'Aaron Fox is a borderline stud who isn't making borderline money. Bradley Beal is excellent.

Prospects: Not sure we have a solid prospect here.

Decisions: Mo Bamba's RFA extension is coming up this year.

Losses: None

Prove It: Gotta put Bamba here. The Magic are in rebuild mode so hopefully they let him play so they can evaluate him. 

Status: Only $5.5m to fill 5 roster spots. They do have a lotto pick but will they keep it? They haven't made a draft pick since Donte DiVincenzo some years back.

Outlook: If things went amazingly well they could potentially be a playoff team. But with only 7 guys under contract they need plenty of quality depth. The cap is their biggest obstacle. Most likely they will be a 10 seed this year. Which isn't ideal when only the Top 8 get to the playoffs.