Shoutbox

« archive

officially saying goodbye
Thanks brother
Reluctantly I will, What is it again?
OUDAN, you gonna sign up for the new site?
Last one out, turn off the lights
GIG pick 1.25 SD traded to Denver for 1.29 and 4.09
cheers
You have been activated Scally
looks nice
sweet. im in pending approval
correct. ideally all leagues will be moving over
Pretty sure GIG and baseball leagues will be following suit shortly.
So all active leagues here will be at new site?
https://dynastysportshub.proboards.com We're moving leagues to a new site folks. Several users report not being able to access this site anymore. New board will have 3 admins instead of one absent admin so we should be able to keep things better updated.
1.3 pick in gig is on the block if anyone is interested
gotcha... makes sense. I just have draft brain right now and I'm a degenerate lol.
the thought was to wait until after the bulk of memorial day weekend so as to not stall out for a couple days, but I suppose there is no harm in it.
gig untimed start now?
Way to go QFL. Another great draft in the books
GIG 1st Round Draft Grades
Love it! Great work! Between you and Laim I always feel like a slacker lol
1.9 Buffalo Bills select WR Jaylen Waddle MIA

Pre-injury and about this time last year, Waddle was my #1 WR prospect. Before his injury he was dominant. Nobody in college football had feet like him, and his angles were being compared to Tyreek Hill. Coach Saban has called Waddle “special” a couple of times, and he doesn’t say that about anyone really... The talent has been there, but his ankle mobility will ultimately determine his NFL impact. Like Chase, he was drafted to play under his record-setting college QB. I do like the fit for Waddle on both the Dolphins and the GIG Bills. GM Bruskie took the opportunity to take a possible star wideout with Baker Mayfield and Cam Akers already rostered at premium positions. This was a solid pick, Waddle is a deserving top 10 selection.

Talent: A+ (pre-injury)
Position: A-
Irl fit: A
Franchise fit: A
Draft position: A
Overall: A
1.10 Atlanta Falcons select WR Rashod Bateman BAL

I like Bateman’s talent. GM toolridge19 selects the WR out of Minnesota with star like traits. The good news for Bateman is that he will most likely play 80+% of snaps every week, but the bad news is that those snaps are for the Ravens. The Ravens have been historically good in the regular season during the Lamar Jackson tenure, and its success has come from a heavy rushing attack. The leading WR in Baltimore for the past two seasons has averaged just over 50 receptions and 650 yards. Will Bateman break this trend? He has the talent to, I just don’t think they go away from that rushing attack. GM toolridge19 went with the talent for this selection.

Talent: A
Irl fit: B-
Franchise fit: A
1.11 Jacksonville Jaguars select RB Michael Carter NYJ

Tuning into early UNC games on Saturday morning to watch Javonte Williams play was something I found myself doing a lot, and I watched a lot of Michael Carter. I think he will find a home in the NFL for 6-8 years being an intelligent spell and 3D back. Think Duke Johnson / Chris Thompson type impact. Quick feet, great hands, good pad level, good vision. For the real life Jets, Carter heads to a backfield that consists of Lamichal Perine and Tevin Coleman. Looking at it from an opportunity standpoint, rookie year production should be there. Looking from an efficiency standpoint, the Jets just don’t produce fantasy studs. Maybe it becomes different in the Saleh-Wilson era, but I’ll have to see it to believe it. The draft position value would’ve been greater with an E. or R. Moore selection rounding out the 1st tier of RB/WR, but GM CurielC88 decided to go with the most valuable position on a roster. I just don’t think he has 3 down back potential.

Talent: B+
Position: A+
Irl fit: C+
Franchise fit: A-
Draft position: C+
Overall: B-
1.12 Chicago Bears select WR Elijah Moore NYJ

GM JbCoffey trades up from 1.21 to land Elijah Moore. Yes it’s the Jets, but Moore has everything but the height. He’s quick on his feet, has meaningful feet, strong, and has a great work ethic. Think Brandin Cooks type impact. Moore heads to East Rutherford to play alongside Corey Davis and a rookie QB. I like the fit better than Michael Carter because Moore has more potential shown by his body movements. Plus, they will likely be down in games so there could be more garbage time opportunity. Trading up from 21 was a great move for the Bears franchise. If RB Myles Gaskin proves to take a good share of snaps in Miami, GM JbCoffey and the Bears could make some noise with adding a tier 1 WR in this draft.

Talent: A
Irl fit: A-
Franchise fit: A+
1.13 Houston Texans select QB Trey Lance SF

GM Josepha2K selects the 2nd best QB in the draft. When watching Trey Lance play, he reminded me a lot of a young Deshaun Watson (RIP) and Russell Wilson. Pinpoint accurate, elite ability to extend plays, and incredible decision maker. Kyle Shanahan won’t make him the starter until he’s truly ready, but I have a good feeling that the QB guru will turn Lance into a top QB in time. For the GIG Texans this was a fantastic selection. Trading the retired Drew Brees for Jimmy G looks like a great trade now in hindsight, as they now own both of Kyle Shanahan’s QBs. Franchise is looking up and now has a direction with this selection.

Talent: A+
Irl fit: A+
Franchise fit: A+
Draft position: A+
Overall: A+