Shoutbox

« archive

officially saying goodbye
Thanks brother
Reluctantly I will, What is it again?
OUDAN, you gonna sign up for the new site?
Last one out, turn off the lights
GIG pick 1.25 SD traded to Denver for 1.29 and 4.09
cheers
You have been activated Scally
looks nice
sweet. im in pending approval
correct. ideally all leagues will be moving over
Pretty sure GIG and baseball leagues will be following suit shortly.
So all active leagues here will be at new site?
https://dynastysportshub.proboards.com We're moving leagues to a new site folks. Several users report not being able to access this site anymore. New board will have 3 admins instead of one absent admin so we should be able to keep things better updated.
1.3 pick in gig is on the block if anyone is interested
gotcha... makes sense. I just have draft brain right now and I'm a degenerate lol.
the thought was to wait until after the bulk of memorial day weekend so as to not stall out for a couple days, but I suppose there is no harm in it.
gig untimed start now?
Way to go QFL. Another great draft in the books
WAS/DET Trade
(12-12-2020, 14:51)pricker98 Wrote: I’m not going to get in a pissing match on this one but I would be disappointed if this trade gets vetoed. 3 months ago no one would have said anything about this same trade. Today the Oubre side likely wins. 6 months from now who knows. It could flip the other way. Washington clearly believes that Porter will be the better player when his team is ready to compete. And these are the trades we all make when we have that belief. 

This is all I am going on the matter and will live with whatever decision that Laim makes.
I don't think it needs to be a pissing match. If there was no money being held, then I think you could make the argument you're making. But for the money exchange to fit, you basically need Porter to be the better player now and over the next 3 years, because it's Porter at roughly 9, 9, 10 (then 5 in dead money in year 4) vs. Oubre's 25-28 seasons at 12m per. It's all about the dead money in my eyes and how it wildly skews the deal.
In LOR2 oubre and early second was traded for 33 yr old Lou will and Indy first and the trade was passed without any votes. Lou will and late first vs KPJ and mid second. I think there isn’t any argument that KPJ side is easily the better return and not close.
By accepting KPJ, Wiz is getting a younger highly rated player plus “legally” tanking. Seriously, teams should be let to run how they perceive player and not see their trade vetoed because other teams missed out on getting a player.
I am ok with the trade as well. Personally I think that maybe, even from next year KPJ will be the better player. Legal issues that were referred doesn’t affect his on court performance in my opinion. Surely, it’s not the best to give assets for unproven guys, but this is way better than the Beal deal and some others I have seen posted here(from a guy that participates in more than 15 salary leagues)
As commish my take is this. I care about having teams I can sell in case the owner goes missing...

- I hate that WAS is paying cap in years 3 & 4
- WAS is clearly in a legal tank disposition right now
- If mikestar were to go AWOL, do I think I can sell this team? Yes due to the young assets and likely high draft pick
- Further we have $30 in the league discretionary fund so I am very confident this team would find a buyer

My vote is approve with the advanced warning that I will be highly critical of any deal where WAS sells their first or takes in additional cap liability in Yrs 3 & 4.

This deal however is still open to voting and if the majority of votes say veto, then I will roll with that.
Out of good faith how about I drop the salary kick-in to 2m per year instead of 5m. I personally don’t think Oubre is worth 17m/yr.  Maybe this year w his potential role in GS but who knows in future years. This puts him at 15m/yr which I can live with and doesn’t put as much dead cap on WAS in the later years.
Laim I agree 100% with you, It's all about the money being kept late in the deal and how that affects the ability to find an owner especially if things go south. We don't allow teams to trade draft picks more than a year out. That's because so many owners have the possibility of mortgaging their future otherwise and then bailing when things don't go well. I know I've brought it up in the past, but maybe we can consider something to the tune of that you can't eat money for yours that you haven't paid for. I think it would add a lot more strategy to the league and so far as cap management, because honestly with easy buyouts it really does take a lot of the cap management strategy part out. Team should be able to keep money for this year and next, but anything beyond that it gets to exactly what you were worried about: The team becomes difficult to sell because the owner made all sorts of short-term moves that didn't work out and they bail on their team. Happens all the time in all sorts of leagues, and we have the power to maybe do something about it here
(12-12-2020, 20:48)pricker98 Wrote: Out of good faith how about I drop the salary kick-in to 2m per year instead of 5m. I personally don’t think Oubre is worth 17m/yr.  Maybe this year w his potential role in GS but who knows in future years. This puts him at 15m/yr which I can live with and doesn’t put as much dead cap on WAS in the later years.

I change my vote to approve.
(12-12-2020, 20:48)pricker98 Wrote: Out of good faith how about I drop the salary kick-in to 2m per year instead of 5m. I personally don’t think Oubre is worth 17m/yr.  Maybe this year w his potential role in GS but who knows in future years. This puts him at 15m/yr which I can live with and doesn’t put as much dead cap on WAS in the later years.

Thanks for the offer Pricker... how about we meet in the middle

WAS eats 5m, 5m, 2m, 2m and call it a day?
(12-12-2020, 21:01)Laimbeer40 Wrote:

Thanks for the offer Pricker... how about we meet in the middle

WAS eats 5m, 5m, 2m, 2m and call it a day?
Yes, I am good with that compromise. Thank you.
Trade passes