Shoutbox

« archive

officially saying goodbye
Thanks brother
Reluctantly I will, What is it again?
OUDAN, you gonna sign up for the new site?
Last one out, turn off the lights
GIG pick 1.25 SD traded to Denver for 1.29 and 4.09
cheers
You have been activated Scally
looks nice
sweet. im in pending approval
correct. ideally all leagues will be moving over
Pretty sure GIG and baseball leagues will be following suit shortly.
So all active leagues here will be at new site?
https://dynastysportshub.proboards.com We're moving leagues to a new site folks. Several users report not being able to access this site anymore. New board will have 3 admins instead of one absent admin so we should be able to keep things better updated.
1.3 pick in gig is on the block if anyone is interested
gotcha... makes sense. I just have draft brain right now and I'm a degenerate lol.
the thought was to wait until after the bulk of memorial day weekend so as to not stall out for a couple days, but I suppose there is no harm in it.
gig untimed start now?
Way to go QFL. Another great draft in the books
2023-24 Season Preview
FAVORITES
Boston - Seven guys in the Top 100. Plus Isaac could finally be healthy, Time Lord might finally get minutes and Santi Aldama benefits from the S.Adams injury.
Sacramento - 5-6 guys in the Top 50. The controversial LeBron trade made them the favorite in the West. By far.
Indiana - It's the Pacers, they are always among the favorites. Four guys in the Top 50. Can Scoot join them?
LA Clippers - Six guys in the top 100 and good potential with some of the supporting cast like Paul Reed, Josh Green etc.
New York - Haliburton has Top 5 potential. Staps and Sengun project for Top 50. Depth is a concern.
Milwaukee - Any team with Joker and KD is going to be a force. Add in JJJ and they are a cut above a contender. Losing S.Adams is a blow.

CONTENDERS
Brooklyn - Two guys in the Top 5 with Embiid and SGA. Another couple of guys in Top 100. It totally drops off a cliff after that.
Oklahoma City - Four guys in the Top 75 and a supporting cast that should be productive enough to be a Top 4 seed in the West. 
Golden State - Two Top 10 guys with Giannis and AD. Myles Turner supplements them well. Will they get anything from their backcourt?
Atlanta - Two Top 25 guys in Booker and Mitchell. Another couple of Top 100 guys. Really need guys like Kuminga and Toppin to take a leap.
Toronto - Tatum is a Top 5 asset. Then they have three more guys in the Top 75. They can churn the bottom of their roster and be quite solid. 
Cleveland - Trae is a Top 10-15 guy. This team doesn't have a ton of upside potential aside from Chet and Claxton who we're calling Top 50 right now. 
Memphis - Hard to count them out but a shallow team pretty much loses KPJ leaving 8 on the roster. But 5 of the 8 are Top 100 guys with Laurie and Kyrie being in the Top 30. 
Charlotte - Two Top 25 guys in Dame and Wemby. Need PJ, Wiggins and Mathurin to to push the rest of the team. 
Portland - You know in wrestling where a tag team guy gets beat up the whole match, then he makes a hot tag to his partner who cleans house? That is POR with Ja this year.
Phoenix - Luka, Poole and Gobert will do the heavy lifting. I don't see this team going deep but a 7th seed is realistic for sure. 
New Orleans - Their six best guys all rank near Top 100. I think it's enough to be an 8th seed despite crummy depth.
Detroit - Top 20 guys in Melo and Mikal. How many games does Ball play? I don't love the supporting cast.
Orlando - Cade is a Top 30 guy. Jalen Williams might be Top 50. If the season starts slow they could look to unload Nurk to a contender.
Miami - Not ready to call them pretenders with four Top 100 guys and another couple ranked just outside. But none of them are sexy.

PRETENDERS
Minnesota - KAT might be underrated. Zion probably is too but with good reason. The supporting cast is doo doo. 
San Antonio - Fox is a Top 30 guy. Beal could be Top 50-ish. Naz and Bruce Brown are solid. Likely not deep enough to slide into the playoffs. 
LA Lakers - Jimmy is a Top 30 guy. Ben Simmons is showing a pulse. Someone like D.Schroder could easily outplay his rank. But not enough horses.
Utah - LaVine is a Top 50 guy. Some really solid young guys. But no PF on the team. Still a ways to go. 
Chicago - Just way too much youth on this team. In a few more years they could be free if they keep their core together.
Washington - They have three good players and a lot of trash. Puts them in a weird spot but I think given the East's strength they have to go this way.
Dallas - They do have Walker Kessler to build on but they are trending toward unserious.

UNSERIOUS
Philadelphia - A lot of talent but all very young and not sure what kind of a role many of them will have.
Denver - They still have Garland and Jalen Green but the League Office is gearing them toward next year.
Houston - Not even sure where to rank Harden these days. Swapping X.Tillman for B.Pod signals their intent.

Messages In This Thread
2023-24 Season Preview - by Laimbeer40 - 10-24-2023, 14:49