Shoutbox

« archive

officially saying goodbye
Thanks brother
Reluctantly I will, What is it again?
OUDAN, you gonna sign up for the new site?
Last one out, turn off the lights
GIG pick 1.25 SD traded to Denver for 1.29 and 4.09
cheers
You have been activated Scally
looks nice
sweet. im in pending approval
correct. ideally all leagues will be moving over
Pretty sure GIG and baseball leagues will be following suit shortly.
So all active leagues here will be at new site?
https://dynastysportshub.proboards.com We're moving leagues to a new site folks. Several users report not being able to access this site anymore. New board will have 3 admins instead of one absent admin so we should be able to keep things better updated.
1.3 pick in gig is on the block if anyone is interested
gotcha... makes sense. I just have draft brain right now and I'm a degenerate lol.
the thought was to wait until after the bulk of memorial day weekend so as to not stall out for a couple days, but I suppose there is no harm in it.
gig untimed start now?
Way to go QFL. Another great draft in the books
Offseason rules proposals
(10-17-2022, 02:08)alanv25 Wrote: A year or two ago, there was some discussion about how an owner could do a lot of research on minor leaguers and post a bid on a prospect, only to lose him to an owner who did no research at all.  There was talk about how we can give more credit to the owners who put the time in doing the research.

My manager at work actually thought of this idea when I was explaining this situation to him, that certain owners in our leagues do a lot of research on minor leaguers and post them on the board, but many times get outbid on them.  So the owner who did no work to discover this prospect gets rewarded with the prospect.

This idea could be used for all free agents, but it also could be narrowed down to just prospects.  The idea is that the owner who posts the first bid on the message board only has to match bids made by other owners.

So if owner 1 posts a bid for $1M, owner 2 would have to beat $1M with his bid.  So let's say that owner 2 bids $1.5M.  Then all that owner 1 would need to do is match owner 2's bid of $1.5M because owner 1 was the one who first posted this player.

For prospects, this would reward the owner who did the research and found the player.  This would give owner 1 the edge in winning that prospect since he did the research and posted this player to the FA board.

I would just make this the rule for all free agents.

Also, this is an easy rule to remember.  Once we see it a few times, it will be in our heads.

I like where you are heading with this Alan.  My thought process on this is adding another thing to your "match bid" to give the original poster/bidder the advantage.  My idea is adding a "poker-betting" style to bidding process as well.  My first thought is to speed up the bidding process significantly and eliminate the ever so popular 200k raises on 1m raises or 1m raises after there was a raise of 10m!
With this raising-requirement it still gives a lot of power to the original bidder and puts the raiser in a position to put their money where their bid is sort to speak!

If someone is not familiar with poker bidding process... The raiser must match or exceed the last bid on the player.  You raise by 1m, the next bid/raise has to be at least 1m.  You raise by 5m the next bid must come in at 5m or more etc.

Messages In This Thread
Offseason rules proposals - by tomviolence - 10-07-2022, 18:57
RE: Offseason rules proposals - by jeffwp91 - 10-14-2022, 14:06
RE: Offseason rules proposals - by jeffwp91 - 10-16-2022, 18:36
RE: Offseason rules proposals - by alanv25 - 10-17-2022, 02:08
RE: Offseason rules proposals - by MasterShonuff - 10-18-2022, 20:31
RE: Offseason rules proposals - by alanv25 - 10-25-2022, 04:32
RE: Offseason rules proposals - by jeffwp91 - 10-17-2022, 13:13
RE: Offseason rules proposals - by alanv25 - 10-18-2022, 02:01
RE: Offseason rules proposals - by alanv25 - 10-18-2022, 02:13
RE: Offseason rules proposals - by JuicyJ - 12-20-2022, 19:47
RE: Offseason rules proposals - by thepetis - 12-20-2022, 21:25