Shoutbox

« archive

officially saying goodbye
Thanks brother
Reluctantly I will, What is it again?
OUDAN, you gonna sign up for the new site?
Last one out, turn off the lights
GIG pick 1.25 SD traded to Denver for 1.29 and 4.09
cheers
You have been activated Scally
looks nice
sweet. im in pending approval
correct. ideally all leagues will be moving over
Pretty sure GIG and baseball leagues will be following suit shortly.
So all active leagues here will be at new site?
https://dynastysportshub.proboards.com We're moving leagues to a new site folks. Several users report not being able to access this site anymore. New board will have 3 admins instead of one absent admin so we should be able to keep things better updated.
1.3 pick in gig is on the block if anyone is interested
gotcha... makes sense. I just have draft brain right now and I'm a degenerate lol.
the thought was to wait until after the bulk of memorial day weekend so as to not stall out for a couple days, but I suppose there is no harm in it.
gig untimed start now?
Way to go QFL. Another great draft in the books
Prospect Extensions
Any player under a prospect contract maybe signed to a 5-year extension where the average annual salary is X% of their extension value. The salary may be varied following the same rules as other contracts but must be no less than $4m in any year. The new deal takes effect from the following season. The deadlines are the same as regular extensions and the surcharge for an end of season prospect extension that replaces any years at $600k will be 10%.

For the 2024 season, the following percentages would be used according to PC year:

2024 - 60%

2025 - 50%

2026 - 40%

n/a - 30%

So a player who is p-2026 and has an extension value of $15m can be extended for 5 years at an average salary of $6m (40%). The new deal would take effect in 2025 and replace the last 2 years of the prospect contract. If performed after the 2024 season the 10% surcharge would raise the cost to $6.6m (assuming the extension value based on his highest ranking hasn't increased). Waiting until the new league year in 2025 would be $7.5m (50% of $15m) but that year's salary would remain at 600k.

Alternatively, any player in the final year of a prospect contract may be signed to a regular contract extension with a 20% discount.

Players who are due a one-off arbitration year (see column N of spreadsheet) can have this placed before a regular extension (but not a 5 year prospect extension). There will be no extension discount given for players once they reach their arbitration year.

The Extension Calculator will factor in the appropriate discount.
BTL-Twins

Messages In This Thread
Prospect Extensions - by Ace - 06-27-2020, 20:07