Shoutbox

« archive

officially saying goodbye
Thanks brother
Reluctantly I will, What is it again?
OUDAN, you gonna sign up for the new site?
Last one out, turn off the lights
GIG pick 1.25 SD traded to Denver for 1.29 and 4.09
cheers
You have been activated Scally
looks nice
sweet. im in pending approval
correct. ideally all leagues will be moving over
Pretty sure GIG and baseball leagues will be following suit shortly.
So all active leagues here will be at new site?
https://dynastysportshub.proboards.com We're moving leagues to a new site folks. Several users report not being able to access this site anymore. New board will have 3 admins instead of one absent admin so we should be able to keep things better updated.
1.3 pick in gig is on the block if anyone is interested
gotcha... makes sense. I just have draft brain right now and I'm a degenerate lol.
the thought was to wait until after the bulk of memorial day weekend so as to not stall out for a couple days, but I suppose there is no harm in it.
gig untimed start now?
Way to go QFL. Another great draft in the books
Playoff Picture
AFC

Locks
1. OAK 8-1 (Still the gold standard in the AFC. Stock down to Fournette & Bell but the WR/TE situation is unmatched)
2. TEN 8-1 (They have opened up a 3 game lead in the East and I think Chase Edmonds is about to add a lot more punch)
3. CIN 7-2 (Benefitting from playing in a weak division. Only the Ravens seem to have a legit shot at catching them)

Wildcard Contenders
4. MIA 5-4 (No studs on offense here but a bunch of solid starters and a nice defense. Gurley and RoJo have exceeded expectations)
5. BAL 5-4 (Some bad injury luck but they get a bump b/c I have faith in Coffey to wake up his team)
6. NE 5-4 (It's Tua Time! James Robinson has saved their season now they have to hope Tua can match Fitz's production)
7. HOU 4-5 (A game behind several teams but they have the studs to make a run. A trade for one more talent could be the difference)
8. SEA 5-4 (They don't have the same punch as the other 5-4 teams. Might need a little luck so they can sneak in)
9. CLE 5-4 (Giving SEA the nod over them in the race b/c CLE owner has not historically been as active in improving at the deadline)
10. KC 4-5 (Might deserve to be ranked 8th but some depth concerns)
11. LAC 4-5 (Guys like Tannehill and Fulgham have been revelations. Still in the thick of it despite how I'm sure they would love to throw in the towel)
12. IND 3-6 (They don't have much margin for error but if things fell right they could sneak in)

Focused on 2021
13. BUF 3-6 (Seems like they went on tilt as soon as Saquon went down. Easily could have competed this season with a slight downgrade at RB)
14. DEN 0-9 (The record doesn't indicate it but they made some big strides this year. Could easily see a jump next year with SPowers at the helm)
15. PIT 0-9 (Seemed like they dismantled things unnecessarily. But I guess rebuilding is fun)

NFC Picture coming soon
NFC

Locks
1. DAL 9-0 (Can't knock 9-0. How fortunate was that Herbert pick which looked like just a luxury in the draft? Some injuries have them trending downward but will likely fix that via trade)
2. NOR 7-2 (Vikes have a better record but Saints have huge reinforcements coming in CMC and hopefully Michael Thomas)
3. MIN 8-1 (Teddy has them feeling good. Gaskin came from nowhere. Injured studs on defense though)

Wildcards
4. DET 7-2 (Everyone gave BAL the huge lead in the battle of the expansion teams but Lions have been Tucc'd by an angel)
5. WAS 6-3 (Solid record and playing in weaker division than TB)
6. TB 6-3 (Bucs are my surprise team. I didn't think they had the skill positions necessary to support TB12 on offense. Getting by on depth and defense)
7. ATL 6-3 (Swift trending in the right direction and will be getting Chubb back soon)
8. ARZ 4-5 (Can't count them out because they have had some excellent drafts the past two seasons)
9. GB 4-5 (They're a long shot but they might be able to get lucky. Their future is bright)

There's Always Next Year
10. CHI 4-5 (It's a shame that Guice and Penny have been trash. Poor luck)
11. NYG 3-6 (Team has potential but has always suffered from a lack of in-season management)
12. JAX 3-6 (A lot of talent on the defense. Another squad that just needed more TLC from their owner)
13. LAR 2-7 (Time to liquidate and rebuild in the draft)
14. PHI 0-9 (Got a number of gems in the draft. Easily the most exciting future of any of the teams in this grouping)
15. CAR 0-9 (Got the biggest asset the needed with a competitive owner. Might have the 2nd best future of this grouping)
Nice summaries. Titans, Raiders, Saints, Cowboys still running things. There's still a lot up for grabs, and this Week 8 is a big one.

Just have to say I'm proud of the NFC Central for representing 5 of the league's top ten defenses to this point. No pussy footing around up in our division. Our division champ might be a tough out in the playoffs . . . when that temperature starts to drop. Yeah baby!
As always good stuff Laim!
AFC Update

Locks
1. OAK 10-1
2. TEN 10-1 (Will be interesting to see what they can get in return for Kittle)
3. CIN 8-3 (Went 1-1 last week allowing BAL to gain ground... pivotal game against BAL this week)
4. BAL 7-4 (Props to both expansion teams for being playoff contenders)

Contenders
5. MIA 6-5 (Tough one vs IND this week. And now Stafford is under Covid watch)
6. KC 6-5 (Chiefs need to hit up JAX to make a trade for the playoff run)
7. NE 5-6 (Dropped 2 games last week and Tua passed for under 100 yds)
8. CLE 5-6 (Dropped 2 last week but a guaranteed win this week vs PIT)
9. SEA 6-5 (Trading A-Rob an interesting decision in the midst of a playoff run)
10. IND 5-6 (Could be a spoiler)
11. HOU 4-7 (Dropped 2 games last week and DET could cripple them this week)
12. LAC 5-6 (Must win game vs KC this week)

Focused on 2021
13. BUF 3-8 (Seems like they went on tilt as soon as Saquon went down. Easily could have competed this season with a slight downgrade at RB)
14. DEN 0-11 (Honestly looking forward to what they can accomplish next year. Or do they further the rebuild?)
15. PIT 0-11 (Might not be able to score 50 in a week. Better hope he has an amazing draft)
Locks
1. DAL 11-0 (Not going to give them the satisfaction of saying nice things about their trades this week)
2. NOR 9-2 (Vikes have a better record but Saints have huge reinforcements coming in CMC and hopefully Michael Thomas)
3. MIN 10-1 (Teddy has them feeling good. Gaskin came from nowhere. Injured studs on defense though)
4. DET 9-2 (Think they have pretty much sewn up a spot in the playoffs)

Wildcards
5. WAS 7-4 (Solid record and playing in weaker division than TB)
6. TB 7-4 (Bucs are my surprise team. I didn't think they had the skill positions necessary to support TB12 on offense. Getting by on depth and defense)
7. ATL 7-4 (Unless they upset DAL this week should be falling a game back)
8. ARZ 6-5 (Plays WAS this week and could leapfrog them with a win)
9. GB 6-5 (Tough game against MIN this week in order to keep pace with the pack)

There's Always Next Year - None of these teams earned new comments this week
10. CHI 4-7 (It's a shame that Guice and Penny have been trash. Poor luck)
11. NYG 4-7 (Team has potential but has always suffered from a lack of in-season management)
12. JAX 3-8 (A lot of talent on the defense. Another squad that just needed more TLC from their owner)
13. LAR 2-9 (Time to liquidate and rebuild in the draft)
14. PHI 0-11 (Got a number of gems in the draft. Easily the most exciting future of any of the teams in this grouping)
15. CAR 0-11 (Got the biggest asset the needed with a competitive owner. Might have the 2nd best future of this grouping)
I love reading these. Even though you hate my rebuild. With the way the season has gone, I think it was a good decision. Damien Williams and Kenny Stills sitting out, AJ underperforming, Watkins injured. Although Tannehill is balling out. I don’t think there’s anyway I would’ve been able to complete with Baltimore and cincy
Basically stuck where I'm at in draft. Almost no way I can get higher than 5th in the rookie draft. In need of a major rebuild.
Arizona very much over performing our expectations, Maybe we should have kept some of our guys we traded.
(11-05-2020, 18:12)Andrewmott Wrote: I love reading these. Even though you hate my rebuild. With the way the season has gone, I think it was a good decision. Damien Williams and Kenny Stills sitting out, AJ underperforming, Watkins injured. Although Tannehill is balling out. I don’t think there’s anyway I would’ve been able to complete with Baltimore and cincy

Fair enough. Maybe it will work out. It took Arizona a good 3 years to get to being a .500 team after they burned it to the ground. However if you are going this route it would be a good idea to take more fliers in FA during the season. Pick up a bunch of practice squad R/W/T to see if you can get a diamond in the rough.