Shoutbox

« archive

officially saying goodbye
Thanks brother
Reluctantly I will, What is it again?
OUDAN, you gonna sign up for the new site?
Last one out, turn off the lights
GIG pick 1.25 SD traded to Denver for 1.29 and 4.09
cheers
You have been activated Scally
looks nice
sweet. im in pending approval
correct. ideally all leagues will be moving over
Pretty sure GIG and baseball leagues will be following suit shortly.
So all active leagues here will be at new site?
https://dynastysportshub.proboards.com We're moving leagues to a new site folks. Several users report not being able to access this site anymore. New board will have 3 admins instead of one absent admin so we should be able to keep things better updated.
1.3 pick in gig is on the block if anyone is interested
gotcha... makes sense. I just have draft brain right now and I'm a degenerate lol.
the thought was to wait until after the bulk of memorial day weekend so as to not stall out for a couple days, but I suppose there is no harm in it.
gig untimed start now?
Way to go QFL. Another great draft in the books
Trade CHA/OKC
CHA trades

Stephen Curry $27.5m, $27.5m

OKC trades

Westbrook $27.5m
Bones Hyland $2.0m, $2.1m, $3.6m, RFA
2023 1st

Charlotte has too little top talent and is looking to get younger and like to see what can be built with this year's 1.2 pick, Bones Hyland and one additional first pick next year. In addition Westbrook will help us out this next season. Sad to let curry go, but really exited to start rebuilding my rooster. 

Waiting for OKC to confirm.
This one is going to need to be voted on.
Don't see enough vakue for Curry here. Westbrook is blah and cost as much as Curry. Bones isn't anything earth shattering and 1s don't ever net Curry like talent without legit pieces as well

Looks vetoable to me
I have to veto this one as well. It’s a franchise crippler.
The only reason I'm going to say veto on this one is to protect the Hornets franchise. This isn't a situation like you had with myself and Dwight where we both have tons of assets, and Dwight could very much afford to take a big swing. Here, the Hornets only "big time" assets are Steph and the 1.02 pick. Beyond that, it's just "hope" on Jalen Johnson and whatever you can trade John Wall for. If they're going to trade one of their two biggest chips, they HAVE to get a lot of value.

In the other league on here, right before last season I traded Steph for Jaylen Brown and PJ Washington, and that's with Steph's salary counting for about 25% of the cap (19.6M of 80M cap). I added some small bits of cash coverage, but that's the kind of return I expect to see on Steph. Despite his age, he's still every bit the elite dynasty asset that Dejounte Murray is, and I would expect a close/similar return to that (1-2 high quality young players, and 1-2 RD1 picks).

Here, Westbrook has next-to-no trade/fantasy value just like he does in real life because he's a FG%/FT%/TO murderer, the 2023 RD1 from OKC will likely be 20-30, and Bones is an alright looking player but is still equivalent to his original draft capital (RD1, Pick 23) ... so that's a blah Westbrook and two late RD1s for one of the best assets in dynasty. I legit don't see a return package from OKC that would work unless it's for Ja Morant. Even if you added the 1.13 to CHA's return it's still just not enough.

So, like Laim, I'm vetoing b/c it kills/cripples/decimates the Hornets asset profile.
Sorry for the late confirmation although it doesn't look like it matters.  I didn't look at it as a rip off but i dont imagine most would with their own team.  My bad if it seems otherwise.  For what its worth my reasoning...
I know most think RWB is dog meat at this point in his career but by the #'s last season he shot better FG% than Curry, only .5 TO/game more than Curry and has more Assists and Rbds per game.  And i know we are all on the same page with Fantrax rankings but Curry was the 6th ranked PG last year and Russ was 10th.  Not to mention they are both 33 years old.  Either way I agree that Curry is more valuable than Russ but I dont think Russ holds no value.  Maybe just not worth his salary at this point.  Also i dont believe anyone would trade Ja for Curry but maybe i am higher on Ja than others.
I realize Hyland wasn't great last year but had a decent rookie year on a good team.  But his contract is extremely cheap and the #'s he did put up in his rookie year i think it holds more value than just any other 20+ pick that we dont know if they are even going to play.  
Lastly the 2023 pick is what it is.  It holds as much value as someone is willing to pay for it i guess until we know where it falls in the order.  
Charlotte I appreciate the trade talks and hope we can find a deal in the future.
With 1.13 and Jalen Smith added in I think this is a good trade. With just one of Jalen or the 13th added in I think it’s passable
For the record I find kpolman to be a very fair and decent owner. I don’t think there was anything malicious here. But knowing RWB’s value on this site it will be a hard team to sell if pick 1.2 is a bust.
The way I see it Curry is 34 years old, and as you guys say one of my two only assets. So being stuck with him would definitely be a franchise crippler.
My team can never compete even with Curry on the roster, and with some of the players i already have Westbrook might be just as good for me next year (low FT% doesn't really matter). And definitely cheaper going forward, i actually kinda liked him for my team.

I like Hyland, he was ranked well inside the top 100 in the last months of last season (his rookie season by the way) in less than 24 min pr game (higher than P.J with 6 mins less played pr game). And the nuggets have traded away Morris and Barton.

The first round pick next year is what it is, as a newbie in the league i might have overvalued it and underestimated OKC's chances.

Everyone feel free to offer something appropriate for Curry, I'm listening to offers.
Nothing against kpolman either. He's always been great to negotiate with and very fair, but Westbrook's high FanTrax ranking is as much a problem as it is a reason for allowing it. He'd be due a 20M+ extension over 2+ years, which is just a staggering amount for someone who's #243 in pre-game stats and #181 in totals.

And no, I wouldn't trade Ja for Steph either, but if a bunch of stuff came with Steph, I'd certainly consider it. That's the direction you have to go with an asset profile like the Hornets though. All I've seen Westbrook traded for in any of my 16-team leagues is a late RD1 pick, and that's if you're lucky.