Shoutbox

« archive

officially saying goodbye
Thanks brother
Reluctantly I will, What is it again?
OUDAN, you gonna sign up for the new site?
Last one out, turn off the lights
GIG pick 1.25 SD traded to Denver for 1.29 and 4.09
cheers
You have been activated Scally
looks nice
sweet. im in pending approval
correct. ideally all leagues will be moving over
Pretty sure GIG and baseball leagues will be following suit shortly.
So all active leagues here will be at new site?
https://dynastysportshub.proboards.com We're moving leagues to a new site folks. Several users report not being able to access this site anymore. New board will have 3 admins instead of one absent admin so we should be able to keep things better updated.
1.3 pick in gig is on the block if anyone is interested
gotcha... makes sense. I just have draft brain right now and I'm a degenerate lol.
the thought was to wait until after the bulk of memorial day weekend so as to not stall out for a couple days, but I suppose there is no harm in it.
gig untimed start now?
Way to go QFL. Another great draft in the books
Houston - Miami
Houston trades:
Nick Madrigal p-2024
Isiah kiner-falefa 1.6mx2
Charlie Morton 11m/12m
Aledmys Diaz 2.6m/2.6m/2.8m
Luis Cessa 1.1mx2

Miami Trades:
Yandy Diaz 2.6m/1.8m
Alex Wood 4mx2
Marcus Semien 13m/21.6m/21.6m (Miami pays $2.7, $8, $8 on Semien's contract)

Houston is hoping that Semien can regain his mvp form moving forward. We are giving up young talent in Madrigal and youngish talent in IKF. Miami adds some pieces for the future and some depth to help compete now in Diaz and Morton who has been elite in his career.
Miami approves. Semien is a tough one to move off the team but with his awful season thus far and his awful contract the previous owner made, I had to get rid of him. This deal was to mainly open up cap and to get Morton back that I couldn’t believe I was paying to be on another team. I’m a fan of IKF and Cessa. Diaz is just for depth.
Getting younger with Madrigal, IKF and Diaz now on my team. Preparing for the future
Approve
approve
Approve
I think I have to veto (the deal has enough votes to pass if I'm alone in thinking the deal is terrible for MIA).

Why I don't like it for the Marlins:

1. They don't save much money (even cap this year, gain $1.5m in 2023, but permanently lose 8m in 2024).

2. They turn Semien's deal into a very good asset for HOU (last year is a 13.6m option now with a 2.8m buyout) and honestly the contract really isn't that bad that they need to be paying on it in '24 just because Semien had a slow start (he has a fairly decent floor with periods of excellence and has an excellent track record when it comes to health).

3. With the cap being fairly even for 22/23 we can evaluate on talent and I think they lose every single swap. Y. Diaz>Madrigal in my opinion even given the extra year for Madrigal; Wood>Morton over 2 years with chance of Morton retiring; Semien>>>Kiner-Falefa; A. Diaz + Cessa have very little value and probably negative trade value).

I will concede that a more optimistic assessment of Madrigal and a planned flip of Morton after a few good starts would move the calculus, but I still don't see what MIA are achieving here versus just moving Y. Diaz + Wood for better young talent and then dealing Semien separately (either for a moderate return with no money paid in '23 and '24 or for a very good return including a cost controlled MLB bat with the level of money being paid here).
BTL-Twins
I dont see much of a return here for Semien either who is now back on track again. Hitting is down but his track record suggests ge will be borderline elite again for his position etc.
Wood and Morton are a wash and good chance Morton retir3s after season as previously stated.
Yancy better than Diaz easily
So IKF and Madrigal for Semien ehh. Not a fan. Semien still a top tier middle infield bat even with the price tag of salary
Don't see the value either

So I'll veto
Not a fan of basically Madrigal and IKF for Semien... veto
Veto. I disagree that Semien is having an awful season so far. I can't remember the exact stat, but he's hitting well over .300 with several homers over the last 20 games. He hit 45 HR last year and 33 HR in 2019. He has just been a stud the past few years and Miami would still pay $18m on his contract? The current mlb player return and return in young player potentiality just doesn't come close to Semien's value while paying him 10.3, 13.6, 13.6.
I think it’s funny that we all wait for the first veto before piling on