Shoutbox

« archive

officially saying goodbye
Thanks brother
Reluctantly I will, What is it again?
OUDAN, you gonna sign up for the new site?
Last one out, turn off the lights
GIG pick 1.25 SD traded to Denver for 1.29 and 4.09
cheers
You have been activated Scally
looks nice
sweet. im in pending approval
correct. ideally all leagues will be moving over
Pretty sure GIG and baseball leagues will be following suit shortly.
So all active leagues here will be at new site?
https://dynastysportshub.proboards.com We're moving leagues to a new site folks. Several users report not being able to access this site anymore. New board will have 3 admins instead of one absent admin so we should be able to keep things better updated.
1.3 pick in gig is on the block if anyone is interested
gotcha... makes sense. I just have draft brain right now and I'm a degenerate lol.
the thought was to wait until after the bulk of memorial day weekend so as to not stall out for a couple days, but I suppose there is no harm in it.
gig untimed start now?
Way to go QFL. Another great draft in the books
Miami/ SF Deal (Buxton=Can't be traded yet, early extension)
Miami sends
Byron Buxton, OF, 4m, 4m, 8.1m,8.1m (2025)
Eddy Beltre, OF. Pc-n/a

Giants sends
Austin Meadows, OF, 8m, 8m, 8m, 10.6 (2026) has 2m paid this yr from previous deal and I'm paying additional 3m this yr only
Drew Smyly,  p, 2m paid in full
Mickey Moniak, CF, Phi pc-n/a
Luis Gil, p, pc-n/a
Yerlin Confidan, OF, pc-n/a
2.30 via MIN
4.29 SF

Agreed to this deal a week ago and posting now since can be processed Sunday now. Move a nice OF bat in Meadows plus some intriguing kids, especially Moniak who looks to finally being ready to start in stacked philly lineup and picks for an upgrade over Grisham at CF in Buxton , and praying for health. Lol

Miami to confirm

JMAC
SF GM
Miami agrees.

Even though Buxton is (was) by far my best player on my team, I feel like the return is unbelievable for me to pass up. Eddy Beltre was not initially part of the plan and neither was Mickey Moniak. However, after we agreed to this deal a week ago, Luis Gil was injured and probably going to TJ surgery so i'll see him in 2024 now, and now Austin Meadows is hurt too. So adding Mickey Moniak helps my vacant CF position, and filling in for Austin Meadows while he's hurt as soon as Moniak returns from his rehab assignment.

On a smaller note, I have always loved Drew Smyly and Yerlin Confidan is being compared to De La Cruz already so I like his potential.

As always, great talks and fair talks with JMAC.
This is a poor trade, but I can see why MIA would want these pieces. However, the one thing I really am always ok with is changing a deal b/c of an injury. In this case, Luis Gil likely being out for the year pretty significantly alters the return. Austin Meadows having a weird ear infection leading to dizziness is also strange, and not a typical injury that one can recover quickly from in certain cases.

I vote to veto. I would imagine there are more pieces SF can add to make this a more equal deal than a bust in Moniak, a low end flyer in Yerlin and a massive injury risk with no contract going forward in Smyly.
Veto as well.
Everything Lincoln said
(05-21-2022, 15:02)SandlotLinC25 Wrote: This is a poor trade, but I can see why MIA would want these pieces. However, the one thing I really am always ok with is changing a deal b/c of an injury. In this case, Luis Gil likely being out for the year pretty significantly alters the return. Austin Meadows having a weird ear infection leading to dizziness is also strange, and not a typical injury that one can recover quickly from in certain cases.

I vote to veto. I would imagine there are more pieces SF can add to make this a more equal deal than a bust in Moniak, a low end flyer in Yerlin and a massive injury risk with no contract going forward in Smyly.
Deal wasn't changes but I felt with Gil injury would add moniak for him. The deal was as listed and I actually added Moniak for him to get a CF return who is nearing his returns to majors on rehab assignment and at only 25 vant truly be a BUST as yo8 say. Lots ofnkate bloomers ala Naylor and others. Just need ABs in a good lineupand he has that upcoming now .You also realize Buxton has been substantially lower 2 of the last 3 yrs and the one yr they both sucked. This is an upside deal and needing health plus CF more so than just an OF. On surface everyone enamored with Buxton but Meadows out produces him over 162 consistently.

Yerlin us far from a low end flier, huge upside and was the key young piece Miami targeted in this deal. I'm sure there have been FAR worse deals that have gone by but I will add a piece or 3 if that is what Miami wants.
Smyly is free trade piece for him. 2 late picks for depth prospects as well .

I'm sure he and I can work something out but this doesn't seem all bad IMO and in his

But to each his own. I understand since you were attempting to deal for him so this may have gone this direction.  Lol
This a trade JMAC would veto if he weren’t involved in it

I thought it was a poor return as well