Shoutbox

« archive

officially saying goodbye
Thanks brother
Reluctantly I will, What is it again?
OUDAN, you gonna sign up for the new site?
Last one out, turn off the lights
GIG pick 1.25 SD traded to Denver for 1.29 and 4.09
cheers
You have been activated Scally
looks nice
sweet. im in pending approval
correct. ideally all leagues will be moving over
Pretty sure GIG and baseball leagues will be following suit shortly.
So all active leagues here will be at new site?
https://dynastysportshub.proboards.com We're moving leagues to a new site folks. Several users report not being able to access this site anymore. New board will have 3 admins instead of one absent admin so we should be able to keep things better updated.
1.3 pick in gig is on the block if anyone is interested
gotcha... makes sense. I just have draft brain right now and I'm a degenerate lol.
the thought was to wait until after the bulk of memorial day weekend so as to not stall out for a couple days, but I suppose there is no harm in it.
gig untimed start now?
Way to go QFL. Another great draft in the books
GIG 1st Round Draft Grades
Taking a page out of Laim’s book, but I enjoy these. I will do both the 1st round and entire drafts once it’s completed. This is only my opinion and should be recognized as such. Grades will be determined on talent, position, team fit in real life, franchise fit, draft position, and value traded for the pick, if any:
1.1 Arizona Cardinals select RB Najee Harris PIT

The easiest pick of the draft. Gurley, Elliot, Fournette, Barkley, Jacobs, Edwards-Helaire, and now Harris. The first back off of the board in recent years has proved to be invaluable. Harris goes to the Steelers, who from 2015-2019 had a top 7 fantasy RB in each season. What the Steelers want to do is clear, and by selecting Harris their first pick, they look to be heading in that direction again. He heads to the desert for his fantasy fit to co-star with backfield mate Derrick Henry. They can’t play the other positions though, and GM Seannyboi77 has a lot of work to do in that area.

Talent: A 
Position: A+
Irl fit: A+
Franchise fit: A+
Draft position: A+
Overall: A+
1.2 Pittsburgh Steelers select RB Travis Etienne JAX

GM AndyScott23 makes a good pick in taking Etienne. He was probably going to take a RB regardless, and he chose the other 1st round guy. I do think James Robinson will take backfield time away, but I don’t doubt that Urban Meyer will get the ball in the hands of their 1st round pick. It could make him even more valuable in our PPR format. Hard to go wrong with a top 5 pick, especially a 1st round back.

Talent: A-
Position: A+
Irl fit: A-
Franchise fit: A+
Draft position: A+
Overall: A+
1.3 Indianapolis Colts select QB Trevor Lawrence JAX

Fantastic franchise changing selection for GM Young_Colo. Regardless of position, Lawrence is the best player in the entire draft. Elite QBs do win you weeks if you have the depth around them. Trevor Lawrence on a 4 year deal valued at just over $5M seems criminal, especially in his early years when he will run the ball. His irl fit is great, I think Urban Meyer will have a good transition because of the assets he has around him already. His fantasy fit is great, CEH and Marlon Mack is better than what most have at the position, and Lawrence to Lock is about a 10 ppg upgrade. GM Young_Colo had the asset and made a splash, I’m here for it.

Talent: A+
Position: A-
Irl fit: A+
These make my draft grades look like diarrhea. Nice job!
1.4 Philadelphia Eagles select TE Kyle Pitts ATL

Laim takes the biggest upside play in terms of fantasy football in the entire draft. Tight ends are the most volatile position in fantasy sports. Kelce and Gronk before him have won leagues alone in the past 10 years. I see it every year with Kelce no matter the format. In terms of talent, Pitts is generational at his position. There will be an adjustment period, but there are vets around him and he could splash as soon as year 2. This is also a great pick for the Eagles franchise as they own 7 1st round selections next season. They give a young star TE some time. Best player available.

Talent: A++
Position: A
Franchise fit: A
1.5 Denver Broncos select WR Ja’Marr Chase CIN

GM LightupdaDarkness adds a to dynamite group of young WRs. Chase’s body control and desire to be great is elite. He gets paired next to record setter Joe Burrow in a Zac Taylor offense. The selection by the Bengals was probably pre-meditated, most likely a request from their franchise QB. The hope would be that McFarland or Moss turn into something and this can become a deep team as soon as next season. They get Dak and Chandler Jones back along with some young talent. Hard to argue against this pick, Chase has a lot working for him.

Talent: A
Irl fit: A+
Overall: A
1.6 Cleveland Browns select WR Devonta Smith PHI

My WR1 heads to the Browns. I think Devonta Smith is still criminally underrated. The smoothest route runners are usually the guys who produce year 1. The Heisman Trophy winner is the clear #1 in that offense and will be for a long time. For the browns franchise, this pick is fine. Nick Chubb holds the backfield alone, but that can be addressed in the future. I believe Smith should be going around here, I see some Marvin Harrison in his feet. Some Hopkins in his body control and mind. Great selection.

1.7 Atlanta Falcons select RB Javonte Williams DEN

GM toolridge19 selected the most talented RB in this years class at 1.7... I do believe the picks in front of him are star players, but Williams will have his own backfield soon enough at the most premium position. Najee has been the “consensus #1” since his high school days, but Williams was the most elusive back in college football last season and it wasn’t particularly close. He touched the ball only 182 times and led the nation with 75 broken tackles. The North Carolina product gained nearly 8 yards per rush for 1400 yards with those carries, hitting pay dirt 22 times. His running style is perfect for the NFL. The fit in Denver is great, he will push Melvin Gordon out by week 1. On tape he’s a special talent. GM toolridge19 could end up with one of the best values in the draft.

Draft position: A+++
1.8 Seattle Seahawks select RB Trey Sermon SF

Another running back off of the board, can’t blame GM MasterShonuff and Seattle. Sermon has the talent to be a starting NFL back, but what does that mean in Kyle Shanahan’s system? In his 3 years in charge of the offense, the leading rusher in SF ran for on average 728 yards and 6 TDs. Will Sermon take control of the backfield or will he spell with the likes of Gallman, Mostert, and Elijah Mitchell? Sermon will most likely be an efficient runner that you can slot in your RB, think Tony Pollard. Something can always change in a backfield, and if it does you can hit a gold mine. GM MasterShonuff followed the talent with this selection.

Talent: A
Irl fit: B
Draft position: A-
Overall: A