Shoutbox

« archive

officially saying goodbye
Thanks brother
Reluctantly I will, What is it again?
OUDAN, you gonna sign up for the new site?
Last one out, turn off the lights
GIG pick 1.25 SD traded to Denver for 1.29 and 4.09
cheers
You have been activated Scally
looks nice
sweet. im in pending approval
correct. ideally all leagues will be moving over
Pretty sure GIG and baseball leagues will be following suit shortly.
So all active leagues here will be at new site?
https://dynastysportshub.proboards.com We're moving leagues to a new site folks. Several users report not being able to access this site anymore. New board will have 3 admins instead of one absent admin so we should be able to keep things better updated.
1.3 pick in gig is on the block if anyone is interested
gotcha... makes sense. I just have draft brain right now and I'm a degenerate lol.
the thought was to wait until after the bulk of memorial day weekend so as to not stall out for a couple days, but I suppose there is no harm in it.
gig untimed start now?
Way to go QFL. Another great draft in the books
Trade CHA/OKC
(07-02-2022, 01:33)fauxcreative Wrote: Nothing against kpolman either. He's always been great to negotiate with and very fair, but Westbrook's high FanTrax ranking is as much a problem as it is a reason for allowing it. He'd be due a 20M+ extension over 2+ years, which is just a staggering amount for someone who's #243 in pre-game stats and #181 in totals.

And no, I wouldn't trade Ja for Steph either, but if a bunch of stuff came with Steph, I'd certainly consider it. That's the direction you have to go with an asset profile like the Hornets though. All I've seen Westbrook traded for in any of my 16-team leagues is a late RD1 pick, and that's if you're lucky.
And even if I traded Curry for Ja, the team would never get better, especially if I have to give up additional assets.

So getting a pick (chance to get better) and a young asset i like while still being as competitive as i would have been with Curry makes more sense for me.
No, the team isn't great, and won't be for a while, but preserving the value of Steph by shifting his worth/value into a younger asset like Ja, etc mitigates your risk of Steph getting hurt and gives you a clear cornerstone to build around.

Russ does nothing but eat up cap space and miss shots. Getting young players like Bones and a draft pick is certainly a good idea and should be part of any Steph deal. But given Russ being worth so little in trade, especially at 22M minimum salary on an extension, Bones and the RD1 are the main return here. The core of the return needs to be solid, younger, etc or the franchise asset profile just takes a massive hit.

You certainly understand you won't be good for a while, so preserving the total asset value of your team should be the goal to me.
Regardless. I wish you luck with your Steph deals. I hope you find one that sets the team up well for the long haul.
There is a reason I offered this team at half price but Steph and 1.2 are premium assets. If they get maximized, then you can considerably speed up the timeline. And that’s the reason I felt I had to veto as commish. Steph can bring a more valuable return.
Right. I'll preface this with I'm not looking to push all in right now because I like my young players, but if I did decide to push and DM'd you about Steph, I probably would've started by offering Maxey, Hart, Cam and the 1.14, then maybe looked at what Wall might cost, etc. The completed trades folder is full of plenty of examples.