Shoutbox

« archive

officially saying goodbye
Thanks brother
Reluctantly I will, What is it again?
OUDAN, you gonna sign up for the new site?
Last one out, turn off the lights
GIG pick 1.25 SD traded to Denver for 1.29 and 4.09
cheers
You have been activated Scally
looks nice
sweet. im in pending approval
correct. ideally all leagues will be moving over
Pretty sure GIG and baseball leagues will be following suit shortly.
So all active leagues here will be at new site?
https://dynastysportshub.proboards.com We're moving leagues to a new site folks. Several users report not being able to access this site anymore. New board will have 3 admins instead of one absent admin so we should be able to keep things better updated.
1.3 pick in gig is on the block if anyone is interested
gotcha... makes sense. I just have draft brain right now and I'm a degenerate lol.
the thought was to wait until after the bulk of memorial day weekend so as to not stall out for a couple days, but I suppose there is no harm in it.
gig untimed start now?
Way to go QFL. Another great draft in the books
DEN / SAS Trade
Spurs and Nuggets have reached agreement on a deal

Nuggets Receive:
PG/SG Derrick White $8M (2024)
SF Franz Wagner $3.5M, $3.7M, $3.9M, $5M
PF/C Isaiah Stewart $2.0M $2.1M, $3.6M
PF/C Khem Birch $6.5M (2023)

Spurs Receive:
PF/C Nikola Jokic $27.5M (2023)
PG/SG Shake Milton $2.5M (2023)
C Filup Petrusev $0.8M (2024)

Spurs accept.... give up alot of second fiddles to land a bona fide stud.  Hate losing Stewart probably the most and White looks to be the Spurs main option this year and a contributor in just about every category.  I have no idea what what Wagner is and what role he will carve out, but he looks like another across the board contributor.... But I bring in Jokic and that speaks for itself.

Nugs to confirm.  Best of luck going forward!
Confirm, was looking for some depth on my team and I think I got a good enough return for Jokic that still helps me compete in this and future years.
Approve, begrudgingly.

Even with assumed production increases from White+Stewart, this seems really light for Jokic. If we give White/Stewart assumed 40-60 rankings based on increased performance/rankings, it doesn't seem like enough for the literal #1 overall player last year, and probably the next 2+ years. It seems like enough for a Paul George type, but not Jokic. White's locked into a cheap deal, as are Franz+Stewart though, so I get the appeal of the trade, and both sides seem to get what they want. I just think it's light, and there's no way I'd have ever dealt him for that kind of return. It's not vetoable bad though, so I'm just complaining into the ether.
This trade is legit awful. Love you both mean it
Hope Renato doesn’t go anywhere because this will make Denver harder to sell. At least they have MPJ. Bare minimum this needs the full 48 hours for people to weigh in before it can be approved.
(10-12-2021, 17:44)Slou Wrote: This trade is legit awful. Love you both mean it

I was trying to be diplomatic about it  Tongue

But yeah. I mean stats-wise, White+Stewart "barely" covers what Jokic does if you assume improvements on their games/roles to the point of them being Top 40-60 players. So the "gain" here is Franz (limited minutes/role to start likely), and Birch's bench REB+BLK before Siakam comes back and basically cuts his minutes and a lot of fantasy relevance. 

Trading Jokic to get replacement stats from 2-players, and "get depth" in the form of a Rookie and NBA role player ... it's just not great. The two "main pieces" have to at least get you 125-150% of Jokic's stats for the "depth" goal to make sense.
VETO THIS IS TRASH
I don't see how the maybe 10m in savings is remotely close to the value of arguably best fantasy guy in game who is still relatively young as well. Seems very awful here
Ughhh, gotta agree with the peanut gallery here. I follow just enough to keep up with fantasy and can't confirm (without googling) if any of the guys coming back in a Jokic trade are even starters. Love you Petis, GO BRAVES!
Sorry fellas. The jury has spoken and this deal has been vetoed.