Shoutbox

« archive

officially saying goodbye
Thanks brother
Reluctantly I will, What is it again?
OUDAN, you gonna sign up for the new site?
Last one out, turn off the lights
GIG pick 1.25 SD traded to Denver for 1.29 and 4.09
cheers
You have been activated Scally
looks nice
sweet. im in pending approval
correct. ideally all leagues will be moving over
Pretty sure GIG and baseball leagues will be following suit shortly.
So all active leagues here will be at new site?
https://dynastysportshub.proboards.com We're moving leagues to a new site folks. Several users report not being able to access this site anymore. New board will have 3 admins instead of one absent admin so we should be able to keep things better updated.
1.3 pick in gig is on the block if anyone is interested
gotcha... makes sense. I just have draft brain right now and I'm a degenerate lol.
the thought was to wait until after the bulk of memorial day weekend so as to not stall out for a couple days, but I suppose there is no harm in it.
gig untimed start now?
Way to go QFL. Another great draft in the books
Guardians / Orioles
Guardians Swnd : 
Chase Hampton PC
Luis Perales PC
CLE 2025 3rd

Orioles Send:
Cedric Mullins $19.2m, $14.4m, $14.4m
   Orioles pay $12.2m, $7.4m, $7.4m

Guardians comfirm. Outside of Michael Harris, my team has no SB threats. Mullins helps solve for that and upgrades my 3rd OF spot over Seth Brown. Really like both pitchers heading out, but I’ve built up quite a collection of pitching specs that are all in the cusp of hitting the majors.
Orioles confirm. We are trying to acquire young cheaper players in exchange for vets that are more useful to competing teams. Hampton was the best prospect offered for Mullins, as well as I guy I wanted a piece of this offseason. He included another spec I like plus a pick. Thank you for the good talks and good luck!
I’ll approve, but again make the point that I would be really, really wary about trading cap hits into a third year. I personally don’t think I’ve ever seen a deal done where it makes sense, or that the other party wouldn’t have accepted with only 2 years paid.

Cap space is important, and it shouldn’t easily be given away. All this rebuild is great, but if, in two years when you come to compete you realise you’re only playing with 100m against teams who have 125m you’re going to find it very difficult.
approve
(02-11-2024, 08:23)blurred Wrote: I’ll approve, but again make the point that I would be really, really wary about trading cap hits into a third year. I personally don’t think I’ve ever seen a deal done where it makes sense, or that the other party wouldn’t have accepted with only 2 years paid.

Cap space is important, and it shouldn’t easily be given away. All this rebuild is great, but if, in two years when you come to compete you realise you’re only playing with 100m against teams who have 125m you’re going to find it very difficult.
Great point about the third year commitments.  Maybe we should table the idea of not allowing owners to commit money beyond 2 years?  I'm just thinking about the future of the franchise in case we have an owner who abandons the team?  Or another option in case an owner leaves we allow the new owner to scrub the 3rd year money committed from previous owner?  Again, my train of thought is the overall sustainability of the franchise in our league.
Red Sox - NP (Administrator)
Dodgers - BTL