Shoutbox

« archive

officially saying goodbye
Thanks brother
Reluctantly I will, What is it again?
OUDAN, you gonna sign up for the new site?
Last one out, turn off the lights
GIG pick 1.25 SD traded to Denver for 1.29 and 4.09
cheers
You have been activated Scally
looks nice
sweet. im in pending approval
correct. ideally all leagues will be moving over
Pretty sure GIG and baseball leagues will be following suit shortly.
So all active leagues here will be at new site?
https://dynastysportshub.proboards.com We're moving leagues to a new site folks. Several users report not being able to access this site anymore. New board will have 3 admins instead of one absent admin so we should be able to keep things better updated.
1.3 pick in gig is on the block if anyone is interested
gotcha... makes sense. I just have draft brain right now and I'm a degenerate lol.
the thought was to wait until after the bulk of memorial day weekend so as to not stall out for a couple days, but I suppose there is no harm in it.
gig untimed start now?
Way to go QFL. Another great draft in the books
Free Agency
Free Agency

Once bidding opens, post the Position, Player and Team name in the title of the thread on the league transactions forum. Free agency closes at the beginning of the playoffs.
Bid wills be the TOTAL CONTRACT VALUE.

Example - 50m bid is a total value of 50m. This would mean you can offer 5 years at $10.0m per year, 4 years at $12.5m, etc.

A bid must stand for 48 hours before a player is considered signed. We use a poker-style bid raise system. This means a new bid must at least match any previous raises, up to 3M. So for example, if a player had an initial bid of 1M, and someone bid 1.5M, the next bid would need to be a minimum increase of 500K. If the next bid came in at 5M, any subsequent bids would need to be at least 3M.

Prospect Contract bids
Any player under rookie limits (150 at bats/50 innings pitched) is eligible for a prospect contract, regardless if they're going on MLB or minors roster.

Example - If you're bidding on rookie OF John Doe you can simply bid PC (prospect contract) This means they get a standard prospect contract as outline in the contracts section of the rules. These players can also be bid on with a one-time signing bonus.

Example - I bid PC + 3 million for John Doe. This is a prospect contract with a $3 million bonus that applies only to the current season's salary cap. The total value of this bid is $3.5m (3m bonus plus $0.5m for the current year contract). You're also able to give a full MLB deal if you so desire, though players on prospect contracts are able to be released at no cap penalty.

For prospect contracts, poker-style raises still applies, but the original poster can choose to match any bid rather than raise. This ONLY applies to players with an initial PC contract bid.

Any bids that put you over the salary cap are invalid and will be deleted by a moderator.

Any editing of bids is completely prohibited and any bid with an edit on it is invalid. No exceptions.

Once the player is won, the thread will be ‘stuck’ to the top of the transactions forum and the winning team will have 48 hours to post their desired contract. Contract values will be assumed as an even spread unless specified. Failure to post the contract within 48 hours can result in the player being re-released into FA and cap hits being applied to the team as if they were dropping the player, at the discretion of the commissioner.