Shoutbox

« archive

officially saying goodbye
Thanks brother
Reluctantly I will, What is it again?
OUDAN, you gonna sign up for the new site?
Last one out, turn off the lights
GIG pick 1.25 SD traded to Denver for 1.29 and 4.09
cheers
You have been activated Scally
looks nice
sweet. im in pending approval
correct. ideally all leagues will be moving over
Pretty sure GIG and baseball leagues will be following suit shortly.
So all active leagues here will be at new site?
https://dynastysportshub.proboards.com We're moving leagues to a new site folks. Several users report not being able to access this site anymore. New board will have 3 admins instead of one absent admin so we should be able to keep things better updated.
1.3 pick in gig is on the block if anyone is interested
gotcha... makes sense. I just have draft brain right now and I'm a degenerate lol.
the thought was to wait until after the bulk of memorial day weekend so as to not stall out for a couple days, but I suppose there is no harm in it.
gig untimed start now?
Way to go QFL. Another great draft in the books
Special Changes for 2022 draft
Draft Order
Given that we have the new owner draft this year creating essentially six new teams, this affects the first year player draft. Thus, we will make the following changes. I crafted this plan with input as well from two other commissioners on site who are not league members, Ace and Laimbeer. I think this is a reasonable proposal for this year only. Of course, I am always open to answering any questions. 

Because we have new teams, we cannot simply reverse order of finish like in the past. Rather than draw an arbitrary line in the sand to decide when the new teams will pick, it will go as follows. For round one, all returning teams will pick in order of finish (this covers picks 1-14). New teams will then pick 15-20 in the order of the MILB new owner draft. 

The first compensatory round will be reduced to the four returning teams who did not make the playoffs. The second compensatory round will remain these same four teams. 

In the standard rounds 2-5, the playoff dividing line is where new owners will slot in. So the first four picks of each round will remain the non-playoff teams from last year, then picks 5-11 will be the six new teams, then the returning playoff teams will finish the round in reverse order of finish. New owner teams will continue to snake in the order of the milb new owner draft within each round. 

Traded Picks
As far as traded draft picks go, there are three categories at play, and this is how we will handle each. Draft pick trades among returning teams will process as normal. Picks traded by a returning team to an orphaned team will simply drop off. Picks that returning teams acquired from an orphaned team will be slotted in at that team's slot based on 2021 order of finish. Thankfully it was a slow year for pick trades last year, with only 10 being dealt in total and none in the first round. 

I know this can be confusing to read to here are trade examples. 

Atlanta, a returning team, traded it's fourth round pick to Colorado, a new team. Atlanta will forfeit its fourth. Colorado will not gain this pick. 

Seattle, a returning team, traded a second round pick to the New York Yankees, also a returning team. This pick belongs to the Yankees. 

The Chicago Cubs, a new team, traded a third and fourth to Los Angeles Dodgers, while under previous ownership. The LAD Dodgers will gain picks in rounds 3 and 4 where the Cubs would have placed. The new Cubs do not lose a pick. 

Conclusion
As a result of processing those trades, some of the rounds will be odd. Round 2 has 19 picks and round 4 has 21 for example. But I think this is the fairest way to move forward with this draft while factoring in results of returning teams, and in regards to the new teams. This is what the draft order would be under this proposal, and with trades factored in. 

Draft order - Round One
1 - Detroit
2 - St. Louis
3 - New York Mets
4 - San Francisco
5 - New York Yankees
6 - Los Angeles Dodgers
7 - Pittsburgh
8 - Seattle
9 - Atlanta
10 - San Diego
11 - Cleveland
12 - Washington
13 - Kansas City
14 - Houston
15 - Baltimore
16 - Chicago Cubs
17 - Chicago White Sox
18 - Tampa Bay
19 - Colorado
20 - Toronto

Comp 1
1 - Detroit
2 - St. Louis
3 - New York Mets
4 - San Francisco

Round Two
1 - Detroit
2 - St. Louis
3 - New York Mets
4 - San Francisco
5 - Toronto
6 - Colorado
7 - Tampa Bay
8 - Chicago White Sox
9 - Chicago Cubs
10 - Baltimore
11 - New York Yankees
12 - Los Angeles Dodgers
13 - Pittsburgh
14 - New York Yankees (via SEA)
15 - Atlanta
16 - San Diego
17 - Washington
18 - Kansas City
19 - Houston

Comp 2
1 - Detroit
2 - St. Louis
3 - New York Mets
4 - San Francisco

Round Three
1 - Detroit
2 - St. Louis
3 - New York Mets
4 - Los Angeles Dodgers (via 2021 Cubs)
5 - San Francisco
6 - Baltimore
7 - Chicago Cubs
8 - Chicago White Sox
9 - Tampa Bay
10 - Colorado
11 - Toronto
12 - New York Yankees
13 - Pittsburgh
14 - Seattle
15 - Atlanta
16 - San Diego
17 - Cleveland
18 - Washington
19 - Kansas City
20 - Houston

Round Four
1 - Detroit
2 - St. Louis
3 - New York Mets
4 - Los Angeles Dodgers (via 2021 Cubs)
5 - San Francisco
6 - Toronto
7 - Colorado
8 - Tampa Bay
9 - Chicago White Sox
10 - Chicago Cubs
11 - Baltimore
12 - New York Yankees
13 - Los Angeles Dodgers
14 - Pittsburgh
15 - Los Angeles Dodgers (via SEA)
16 - San Diego
17 - Cleveland
18 - Washington
19 - Kansas City
20 - Houston
21 - New York Mets (via 2021 COL)

Round Five
1 - Detroit
2 - St. Louis
3 - San Francisco
4 - Baltimore
5 - Chicago Cubs
6 - Chicago White Sox
7 - Tampa Bay
8 - Colorado
9 - Toronto
10 - New York Yankees
11 - Los Angeles Dodgers
12 - Pittsburgh
13 - Seattle
14 - Atlanta
15 - San Diego
16 - Cleveland
17 - Washington
18 - Kansas City
19 - Houston
20 - New York Mets (via 2021 COL)
When will this draft begin??
And who is eligible?? Ala international players in addition to draftees same as BTL?
Specific date TBD at the conclusion of the new owner draft, and yes, same as BTL. All 2021 MLB Draft and international signing guys from the current window.
How many rds are these drafts for new teams? ETA for it to be done with. Lol
30 for mlb, 20 for minors and through 7-8 in both. I'm thinking toward the middle-end of next week?