Shoutbox

« archive

officially saying goodbye
Thanks brother
Reluctantly I will, What is it again?
OUDAN, you gonna sign up for the new site?
Last one out, turn off the lights
GIG pick 1.25 SD traded to Denver for 1.29 and 4.09
cheers
You have been activated Scally
looks nice
sweet. im in pending approval
correct. ideally all leagues will be moving over
Pretty sure GIG and baseball leagues will be following suit shortly.
So all active leagues here will be at new site?
https://dynastysportshub.proboards.com We're moving leagues to a new site folks. Several users report not being able to access this site anymore. New board will have 3 admins instead of one absent admin so we should be able to keep things better updated.
1.3 pick in gig is on the block if anyone is interested
gotcha... makes sense. I just have draft brain right now and I'm a degenerate lol.
the thought was to wait until after the bulk of memorial day weekend so as to not stall out for a couple days, but I suppose there is no harm in it.
gig untimed start now?
Way to go QFL. Another great draft in the books
Economy
There's also a reason for the 2022-2023 cap figures being so high >> Nobody's resigned their free agents yet (or at least most of us haven't).

The following players are eligible for extensions but haven't had ones agreed to yet: Huerter, Boucher, MPJ, Steph, Jrue, Miles B, LeBron, Lowry, Dillon, Gordon, Ibaka, Jonas, Smart, Richaun, PG-13, Lavine, Ayton, Mikal B, Time Lord, Jaren Jax, Powell, TJ Warren, Sexton, Dinwiddie.

If the majority of those players get signed to extensions, as they should, that'll eat up a TON of the existing cap for the 2022-2023 season. Obviously guys like Huerter, Bridges x2, etc. can't be signed to extension b/c FanTrax's "Score" primarily focuses on "Total Stats" instead of "Per-Game Stats", but the majority of those guys will get new deals.

The fact that soooo many players on the list above are LIKELY to be re-signed is the major area I'd focus on. The shifts in contract ranges will probably help a little, but I would estimate it'll do very little to prevent guys from resigning their star/elite-level assets b/c (a) the cost of losing them is too great, and (b) the salary structure for extensions isn't prohibitive enough, which makes the decision easy.

For an extension on PG-13 for example, his best ranking of the last 2YR is #29, which means he'll get a 22M extension (the ranking is the same as 80% of 27.5). That's a discount compared to the 27.5M we set him up with either as part of the startup or on a short-2YR extension (can't remember what OKC did there). But that's not a decision really. You just sign him to that extension. Comparatively, if you were "forced" to give him a raise instead, you'd be forced to think about it, as he'd be due an extension 33M if you forced teams to give players 20% raises if their Score/Extension ranking is less than what they make currently.

Basically, the extension setup right now is what you plan for largely. You re-sign your major assets and then figure the rest out. It's why you see guys like Jae'Sean Tate getting 24M in free agency, or Mike Conley getting 40M+ at age 33. There's just very little out there of substance b/c everybody re-signs their good players. I think that'll be the case regardless of the contract deal bumps you're describing above. It'll just mean the churn on the bottom half of your roster is a little higher. People will still re-sign their stars/good players because they can't lose them and there's little punishment cash-wise to keeping them.
(08-26-2021, 22:59)sofigine Wrote:
(08-26-2021, 16:40)renatoperu Wrote: I have a crazy idea. What if the league gets rid of extensions, and just make all the players FA after their contracts ends? Rookies can still be RFA.
 And what if a team has the possibility to extend only one player each year after his last contract year?
Think we did that in cross court dynasty and it worked well. Only allowing 1 extension per year leads to people being more careful and more robust FA markets
What was the final ruling on this discussion?
The first post is happening as written and was never up for debate. Nothing else discussed in the following posts was finalized.