Shoutbox

« archive

officially saying goodbye
Thanks brother
Reluctantly I will, What is it again?
OUDAN, you gonna sign up for the new site?
Last one out, turn off the lights
GIG pick 1.25 SD traded to Denver for 1.29 and 4.09
cheers
You have been activated Scally
looks nice
sweet. im in pending approval
correct. ideally all leagues will be moving over
Pretty sure GIG and baseball leagues will be following suit shortly.
So all active leagues here will be at new site?
https://dynastysportshub.proboards.com We're moving leagues to a new site folks. Several users report not being able to access this site anymore. New board will have 3 admins instead of one absent admin so we should be able to keep things better updated.
1.3 pick in gig is on the block if anyone is interested
gotcha... makes sense. I just have draft brain right now and I'm a degenerate lol.
the thought was to wait until after the bulk of memorial day weekend so as to not stall out for a couple days, but I suppose there is no harm in it.
gig untimed start now?
Way to go QFL. Another great draft in the books
Extension and Release Calculators
Extension Calculator

Release/Buyout Calculator

You can use the master sheets (only shaded cells can be edited) but it's preferable to make your own copy (File>Make a copy). This way you can also change the current year (via B13 and F6 respectively) to evaluate when it's best to perform transactions.

Results from both calculators can be used in theĀ Total Checker which also has a tab for free agent deals.

Quick Guide

Extensions: The value from the sheet goes in the value column. You type 1 in the timing column before opening day and 2 for after opening day but before the May deadline.

For end of season extensions use either 3, 4 or 5 depending on which ranking is highest. If the current season value is only slightly lower than the previous season then use both (current plus 5 for timing and previous plus 4 for timing) and take the one which gives the higher annual salary.

Remember to note the minimum years and check if the player can receive a dispensation based on their age on opening day of the season the extension starts.

Releases: Salaries and cash payments from other teams are entered on the left along with the relevant timing number. The results are displayed on the right; see the cap hits row for regular releases and the extra money row for buyouts.

Checker: Input the average salary or total into column B along with the number of years you want. Then fill in the salaries/cap hits for each season under "Year One" and so on. An alert will pop up if you do something that contravenes the contract rules telling you what needs to be fixed.
BTL-Twins