Shoutbox

« archive

officially saying goodbye
Thanks brother
Reluctantly I will, What is it again?
OUDAN, you gonna sign up for the new site?
Last one out, turn off the lights
GIG pick 1.25 SD traded to Denver for 1.29 and 4.09
cheers
You have been activated Scally
looks nice
sweet. im in pending approval
correct. ideally all leagues will be moving over
Pretty sure GIG and baseball leagues will be following suit shortly.
So all active leagues here will be at new site?
https://dynastysportshub.proboards.com We're moving leagues to a new site folks. Several users report not being able to access this site anymore. New board will have 3 admins instead of one absent admin so we should be able to keep things better updated.
1.3 pick in gig is on the block if anyone is interested
gotcha... makes sense. I just have draft brain right now and I'm a degenerate lol.
the thought was to wait until after the bulk of memorial day weekend so as to not stall out for a couple days, but I suppose there is no harm in it.
gig untimed start now?
Way to go QFL. Another great draft in the books
Veto Process
The rules section on vetoes is quite outdated. We have not used a trade committee in quite some time. Mainly because we have a limited amount of owners who bother to weigh in on trades. 

And clearly there are some hiccups with our current operating procedures regarding trades and vetoes.

I ask that owners give justification for their deals. I think it's fair that I also start posting my reasoning for approving any deal that is processed within the first 24 hours of both parties accepting the deal. 

If 24 hours has passed and I process, then it's on y'all if you didn't post any concerns you may have with a trade. Of course if I have concerns with the trade, then I won't process it immediately and will ask that others weigh in. 

If you have any suggestions for this method, then please feel free to add. I think we should give this a trial run. If it's smooth, then we will formalize it and I will update the rules.
Maybe if you vote to veto, you don't have to post your reasons, but you do have to post (a) a revised trade between the two teams that you'd be okay with, AND (b) a trade between your team and one of the other teams involved (likely the one you think is getting the bad end of things) that you would do instead.

That would at least give more information. And might allow Laim to say "Alright, I'll put it through if you guys are okay with KG3's suggested revision", and if the trade is still vetoed, at least gives the owners other GMs to come to in order to find a new trade. Tough to make (b) binding on teams that post it, but people would look pretty bad if they said no an offer they suggested in the veto vote after it was vetoed, etc.

Just a way to make people do more work than just "this is bad" or say it's a vast conspiracy of the good teams not wanting the other good team to get gooder.
Tinkering with parameters where a deal should stay posted for at least 24 hours.

We are going to start with this and see how it works…

Immediate Processing: No top 150 dynasty assets (as rated by Hashtag Basketball), no projected 1st rd lotto picks

24 hours: if deal includes Top 150 Dynasty assets and/or late lotto projected picks

48 hours: Top 50 dynasty assets and/or projected Top 7 picks