Dynasty Sports Hub
Playoff Picture - Printable Version

+- Dynasty Sports Hub (http://dynastysportshub.epizy.com)
+-- Forum: Football (http://dynastysportshub.epizy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Forum: Football Leagues (http://dynastysportshub.epizy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+---- Forum: Quest for Lombardi (http://dynastysportshub.epizy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+---- Thread: Playoff Picture (/showthread.php?tid=2550)

Pages: 1 2 3

Playoff Picture - Laimbeer40 - 10-30-2020

AFC

Locks
1. OAK 8-1 (Still the gold standard in the AFC. Stock down to Fournette & Bell but the WR/TE situation is unmatched)
2. TEN 8-1 (They have opened up a 3 game lead in the East and I think Chase Edmonds is about to add a lot more punch)
3. CIN 7-2 (Benefitting from playing in a weak division. Only the Ravens seem to have a legit shot at catching them)

Wildcard Contenders
4. MIA 5-4 (No studs on offense here but a bunch of solid starters and a nice defense. Gurley and RoJo have exceeded expectations)
5. BAL 5-4 (Some bad injury luck but they get a bump b/c I have faith in Coffey to wake up his team)
6. NE 5-4 (It's Tua Time! James Robinson has saved their season now they have to hope Tua can match Fitz's production)
7. HOU 4-5 (A game behind several teams but they have the studs to make a run. A trade for one more talent could be the difference)
8. SEA 5-4 (They don't have the same punch as the other 5-4 teams. Might need a little luck so they can sneak in)
9. CLE 5-4 (Giving SEA the nod over them in the race b/c CLE owner has not historically been as active in improving at the deadline)
10. KC 4-5 (Might deserve to be ranked 8th but some depth concerns)
11. LAC 4-5 (Guys like Tannehill and Fulgham have been revelations. Still in the thick of it despite how I'm sure they would love to throw in the towel)
12. IND 3-6 (They don't have much margin for error but if things fell right they could sneak in)

Focused on 2021
13. BUF 3-6 (Seems like they went on tilt as soon as Saquon went down. Easily could have competed this season with a slight downgrade at RB)
14. DEN 0-9 (The record doesn't indicate it but they made some big strides this year. Could easily see a jump next year with SPowers at the helm)
15. PIT 0-9 (Seemed like they dismantled things unnecessarily. But I guess rebuilding is fun)

NFC Picture coming soon

RE: Playoff Picture - Laimbeer40 - 10-30-2020

NFC

Locks
1. DAL 9-0 (Can't knock 9-0. How fortunate was that Herbert pick which looked like just a luxury in the draft? Some injuries have them trending downward but will likely fix that via trade)
2. NOR 7-2 (Vikes have a better record but Saints have huge reinforcements coming in CMC and hopefully Michael Thomas)
3. MIN 8-1 (Teddy has them feeling good. Gaskin came from nowhere. Injured studs on defense though)

Wildcards
4. DET 7-2 (Everyone gave BAL the huge lead in the battle of the expansion teams but Lions have been Tucc'd by an angel)
5. WAS 6-3 (Solid record and playing in weaker division than TB)
6. TB 6-3 (Bucs are my surprise team. I didn't think they had the skill positions necessary to support TB12 on offense. Getting by on depth and defense)
7. ATL 6-3 (Swift trending in the right direction and will be getting Chubb back soon)
8. ARZ 4-5 (Can't count them out because they have had some excellent drafts the past two seasons)
9. GB 4-5 (They're a long shot but they might be able to get lucky. Their future is bright)

There's Always Next Year
10. CHI 4-5 (It's a shame that Guice and Penny have been trash. Poor luck)
11. NYG 3-6 (Team has potential but has always suffered from a lack of in-season management)
12. JAX 3-6 (A lot of talent on the defense. Another squad that just needed more TLC from their owner)
13. LAR 2-7 (Time to liquidate and rebuild in the draft)
14. PHI 0-9 (Got a number of gems in the draft. Easily the most exciting future of any of the teams in this grouping)
15. CAR 0-9 (Got the biggest asset the needed with a competitive owner. Might have the 2nd best future of this grouping)

RE: Playoff Picture - 4sFull - 10-31-2020

Nice summaries. Titans, Raiders, Saints, Cowboys still running things. There's still a lot up for grabs, and this Week 8 is a big one.

Just have to say I'm proud of the NFC Central for representing 5 of the league's top ten defenses to this point. No pussy footing around up in our division. Our division champ might be a tough out in the playoffs . . . when that temperature starts to drop. Yeah baby!

RE: Playoff Picture - OUDAN - 11-03-2020

As always good stuff Laim!

RE: Playoff Picture - Laimbeer40 - 11-05-2020

AFC Update

Locks
1. OAK 10-1
2. TEN 10-1 (Will be interesting to see what they can get in return for Kittle)
3. CIN 8-3 (Went 1-1 last week allowing BAL to gain ground... pivotal game against BAL this week)
4. BAL 7-4 (Props to both expansion teams for being playoff contenders)

Contenders
5. MIA 6-5 (Tough one vs IND this week. And now Stafford is under Covid watch)
6. KC 6-5 (Chiefs need to hit up JAX to make a trade for the playoff run)
7. NE 5-6 (Dropped 2 games last week and Tua passed for under 100 yds)
8. CLE 5-6 (Dropped 2 last week but a guaranteed win this week vs PIT)
9. SEA 6-5 (Trading A-Rob an interesting decision in the midst of a playoff run)
10. IND 5-6 (Could be a spoiler)
11. HOU 4-7 (Dropped 2 games last week and DET could cripple them this week)
12. LAC 5-6 (Must win game vs KC this week)

Focused on 2021
13. BUF 3-8 (Seems like they went on tilt as soon as Saquon went down. Easily could have competed this season with a slight downgrade at RB)
14. DEN 0-11 (Honestly looking forward to what they can accomplish next year. Or do they further the rebuild?)
15. PIT 0-11 (Might not be able to score 50 in a week. Better hope he has an amazing draft)

Locks
1. DAL 11-0 (Not going to give them the satisfaction of saying nice things about their trades this week)
2. NOR 9-2 (Vikes have a better record but Saints have huge reinforcements coming in CMC and hopefully Michael Thomas)
3. MIN 10-1 (Teddy has them feeling good. Gaskin came from nowhere. Injured studs on defense though)
4. DET 9-2 (Think they have pretty much sewn up a spot in the playoffs)

Wildcards
5. WAS 7-4 (Solid record and playing in weaker division than TB)
6. TB 7-4 (Bucs are my surprise team. I didn't think they had the skill positions necessary to support TB12 on offense. Getting by on depth and defense)
7. ATL 7-4 (Unless they upset DAL this week should be falling a game back)
8. ARZ 6-5 (Plays WAS this week and could leapfrog them with a win)
9. GB 6-5 (Tough game against MIN this week in order to keep pace with the pack)

There's Always Next Year - None of these teams earned new comments this week
10. CHI 4-7 (It's a shame that Guice and Penny have been trash. Poor luck)
11. NYG 4-7 (Team has potential but has always suffered from a lack of in-season management)
12. JAX 3-8 (A lot of talent on the defense. Another squad that just needed more TLC from their owner)
13. LAR 2-9 (Time to liquidate and rebuild in the draft)
14. PHI 0-11 (Got a number of gems in the draft. Easily the most exciting future of any of the teams in this grouping)
15. CAR 0-11 (Got the biggest asset the needed with a competitive owner. Might have the 2nd best future of this grouping)

RE: Playoff Picture - Andrewmott - 11-05-2020

I love reading these. Even though you hate my rebuild. With the way the season has gone, I think it was a good decision. Damien Williams and Kenny Stills sitting out, AJ underperforming, Watkins injured. Although Tannehill is balling out. I don’t think there’s anyway I would’ve been able to complete with Baltimore and cincy

RE: Playoff Picture - Billy - 11-05-2020

Basically stuck where I'm at in draft. Almost no way I can get higher than 5th in the rookie draft. In need of a major rebuild.

RE: Playoff Picture - OUDAN - 11-05-2020

Arizona very much over performing our expectations, Maybe we should have kept some of our guys we traded.

(11-05-2020, 18:12)Andrewmott Wrote: I love reading these. Even though you hate my rebuild. With the way the season has gone, I think it was a good decision. Damien Williams and Kenny Stills sitting out, AJ underperforming, Watkins injured. Although Tannehill is balling out. I don’t think there’s anyway I would’ve been able to complete with Baltimore and cincy

Fair enough. Maybe it will work out. It took Arizona a good 3 years to get to being a .500 team after they burned it to the ground. However if you are going this route it would be a good idea to take more fliers in FA during the season. Pick up a bunch of practice squad R/W/T to see if you can get a diamond in the rough.